Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Just wondering if northern Wisconsin market will get NV before sprint run out of cash flow. Data here is good in terms of speed. VZW and att both have LTE here now. I live up in central Wisconsin. Thanks

Sprint is nowhere near running out of cash for their Network Vision program, and their financials are the best they have been since the Nextel merger and getting better every quarter. They have been able to easily borrow money on the market in recent times. And since NV saves them considerable operational dollars, it makes them money to keep deploying it.

That being said, Sprint will begin NV in the Northern Wisconsin market some time in 2013. Final scheduling for 2013 markets has yet to be completed.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
This is good to hear as I live on the border of michigan and wisconsin. I wonder if there are any plans for Upper Michigan?

Currently there are no plans for Network Vision sites in the U.P. of Michigan except around St. Ignace and Sault Ste. Marie. There is some chance that their scope may be expanded with Softbank investment. But I don't know of any plans at this point for more U.P. or Northern Wisconsin sites.

Robert via LG Viper with ICS using Forum Runner

Robert would you have any idea about what time line next year when they might start working on NV in my area?

No. We don't have schedules for 2013 markets at this time.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• 1 month later...

If you know anyone in Irma, WI, they might scout for some 4G as there is an LTE complete tower there. Granted, it's kinda out of the way, but this means we should start to see more towers complete here in the next couple of weeks. Good news for the Wisconsin market!

• Like 1

Will Sprint be doing NV upgrades to the Northern Wisconsin market before the Milwaukee market, or are these two markets going to be upgraded at the same time? I'm surprised to see Northern Wisconsin getting upgrades before Milwaukee based on what I've read of rollout schedules (though they were just estimates).

Will Sprint be doing NV upgrades to the Northern Wisconsin market before the Milwaukee market, or are these two markets going to be upgraded at the same time? I'm surprised to see Northern Wisconsin getting upgrades before Milwaukee based on what I've read of rollout schedules (though they were just estimates).

It's hard to say. We don't have any more information at this point.

Milwaukee was scheduled before northern Wisconsin, but as we've seen, a lot of that scheduling has gone out the window as Sprint is jumping on any market and site that is ready to go as soon as it's ready. It's possible that northern Wisconsin cleared some hurdle before the Milwaukee market did, but I would imagine Milwaukee will be ready soon.

Irma is north of me, in the north woods with little to no body there. One of those little town if you blink you missed it. Tomahawk is just a few miles north of Irma. Tomahawk is where sprint's net work ends then you're in roaming. So I wonder if they might upgrading towers south from there then?

Irma is north of me, in the north woods with little to no body there. One of those little town if you blink you missed it. Tomahawk is just a few miles north of Irma. Tomahawk is where sprint's net work ends then you're in roaming. So I wonder if they might upgrading towers south from there then?

It might have been easiest to upgrade simply because it was out in the middle of now where, little to no permitting so red tape was easy. We'll have to see where things start showing up in the next couple of weeks before we make any assumptions.

How about the tower in Rhinelander? It shows a speed upgrade on the Sprint site. Just maybe they are installing some equipment there. I would love to see a few more towers up that way for when I make it up there (Antigo comes to mind).

Band aid fix's for now but I forgot about up there. The north would be a fast turn around since the network thins out in the far North woods. Lucky we have roaming, I live in Wausau speeds are good here on 3g. Very happy tho that they are under way in this market.

For showing EvEn wow with the speed tests.

ForumRunner_20121218_033900.png

[ATTACH]1420[/ATTACH]

Yep looks like NV upgraded fiber/ mw / aav backhaul speeds. T1 bandaid fixes don't go that high nor give that kind of ping. Check your local towers out!

Have not even seen any ehrpd around here. So I wonder if they did but I never seen it then they turned it back off. Anyways, that is a good sign of lte very very soon! But this speed test was done off of peak times.

Edited by n9ovreric

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any news in the northern Wisconsin market about when the rest of the market will be worked on? I know there there is one north of me but that's the one one. Seems kinda funny that out in the middle of no where that one tower got the update.

Is there any news in the northern Wisconsin market about when the rest of the market will be worked on? I know there there is one north of me but that's the one one. Seems kinda funny that out in the middle of no where that one tower got the update.

We have no new news for your market. We were surprised to see the one site as it was.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if northern Wisconsin market will get NV before sprint run out of cash flow. Data here is good in terms of speed. VZW and att both have LTE here now. I live up in central Wisconsin. Thanks

I know this is a bit old, but I would like to know where you saw AT&T LTE in northern Wisconsin, aside from Green Bay. HSPA+ ends in Merrill and the whole northwoods area is all Edge still. It also dies south of Wausau in Knowlton, and goes back to Edge.

If they're getting LTE up north before we even get 3G in Point, I'm porting our whole family plan over to Sprint tomorrow!

• Like 1

If you know anyone in Irma, WI, they might scout for some 4G as there is an LTE complete tower there. Granted, it's kinda out of the way, but this means we should start to see more towers complete here in the next couple of weeks. Good news for the Wisconsin market!

If nobody has done it, I can probably buzz that tower on the way to Tomahawk tomorrow. If I'm running the north route again (should be), I have a pickup pending up there.