Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

The site in Howell is running LTE as of this morning! Multiple users have reported LTE service.

Map it on sensorly! :D We all wanna see the purple dots!

(ps still can't follow this topic! @rob)

• Like 1

I'm currently sitting 150 yds from the Howell LTE tower. Spent at least 10 minutes cycling airplane mode. Nothing but a maxed out 3g signal. Been driving around with no luck. Will try again tomorrow.

I'm currently sitting 150 yds from the Howell LTE tower. Spent at least 10 minutes cycling airplane mode. Nothing but a maxed out 3g signal. Been driving around with no luck. Will try again tomorrow.

Do you know how to get in and force lte only

Do you know how to get in and force lte only

Yes, did that too. I know the EVO LTEs have been fussy with 4G reception and signal lock but perhaps LTE is blocked for the night???

The site in Howell that has been called for inspection is the one by the High School. It hasn't been accepted by Sprint yet, so it will likely only be live when workers are present or while they are drive testing. If the inspection occurred this week, then they are likely working on the punch list.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

The site in Howell that has been called for inspection is the one by the High School. It hasn't been accepted by Sprint yet, so it will likely only be live when workers are present or while they are drive testing. If the inspection occurred this week, then they are likely working on the punch list.

Kinda what I was figuring being that I was there around 10pm. I have some errands to do in the Howell area on Saturday Jan 5 so I'll stop by once more.

In fact, if you check 3G coverage on Sensorly for that site, you will see some gray dead zones. That's where I was messing with the settings on my phone B)

• Like 1

Robert, How long do you think it will take to spread. Are there other sites ready for inspection?

I rarely find out about specific site inspections. I found out about the Howell site because the person involved was excited to see something about to come live in Michigan. As far as other sites, I know dozens more are In Progress in both West and East Michigan. I just don't know details yet. And I have no ideas about timelines either. I'm sorry I don't have more info at this time.

• Like 1

I rarely find out about specific site inspections. I found out about the Howell site because the person involved was excited to see something about to come live in Michigan. As far as other sites, I know dozens more are In Progress in both West and East Michigan. I just don't know details yet. And I have no ideas about timelines either. I'm sorry I don't have more info at this time.

Thank you Robert for the response. I am just very excited about having some type of 4g soon. I got my first 4g Wimax device with the original Evo in the Phoenix Market, then went to the Evo touch and Galaxy 1, 2 Epic, and now Galaxy 3. So, as you can see have been waiting for a long time to have 4g. The time only I was ever able to us 4g with Sprint was in Vegas 2011 on WiMax during my wedding.

• Like 1

I gave it another shot today and LTE was not active. The tower is inside the school transportation grounds which has gated access. I'd say your assessment is correct. The contractors probably blocked LTE access when they left Friday since the bus garage won't be open unitl Monday morning. I don't think anyone will see LTE until that time. Just speculating...

• Like 1

I gave it another shot today and LTE was not active. The tower is inside the school transportation grounds which has gated access. I'd say your assessment is correct. The contractors probably blocked LTE access when they left Friday since the bus garage won't be open unitl Monday morning. I don't think anyone will see LTE until that time. Just speculating...

Thanks for the update.

Robert

Look what i found on sensorly got some purple up in michigain!!

If you zoom out (until you can see multiple states) that lte dot becomes much bigger ;-)

When will sprint finally admit that work is being done here? And when they do will sites start popping up much faster? So much for them being truthful about their rollout plans...