Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Robert, have any good info on the East Michigan deployments, such as metro Detroit. Sprint put out a tweet to someone yesterday. Here is what it said

"@thetictacaddict Currently LTE is not scheduled for Detroit, for up to date information please visit --> http://t.co/LwyO2iaj -EAC"

The above tweet was sent by @sprintcare

im going to say thats bull and that link goes to the recent work in progress in the coming months and the only sprint employee that has said anything closely accurate was the guys down in toledo they actually said itd be 6 months to a year before we got lte, idk unless rob has some info im going to say thats not accurate has its been stated that they are about 3 months behind anyway

Robert, have any good info on the East Michigan deployments, such as metro Detroit. Sprint put out a tweet to someone yesterday. Here is what it said

"@thetictacaddict Currently LTE is not scheduled for Detroit, for up to date information please visit --> http://t.co/LwyO2iaj -EAC"

The above tweet was sent by @sprintcare

I don't think Sprint will say in official channels that work is under way in markets they have not announced. I remember something similar happening in Raleigh. I had someone confront me and say I was lying that work was under way in the Raleigh/Durham market and they cited some official Sprint FB page or Tweet or something. It wasn't even but a week later that Sensorly reported the first hit in the market and it showed up in the following site update. It was a full two months later before Sprint acknowledged work in Raleigh.

So that tweet does not concern me one iota. Have you been able to verify if it is even legit?

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I don't think Sprint will say in official channels that work is under way in markets they have not announced. I remember something similar happening in Raleigh. I had someone confront me and say I was lying that work was under way in the Raleigh/Durham market and they cited some official Sprint FB page or Tweet or something. It wasn't even but a week later that Sensorly reported the first hit in the market and it showed up in the following site update. It was a full two months later before Sprint acknowledged work in Raleigh.

So that tweet does not concern me one iota. Have you been able to verify if it is even legit?

I believe the Twitter account is legit (but not the message), but believe whoever controls that may not be authorized to provide any info until they are told they can. Its unfortunate, because it really gets people worked up. I used to live in the area and am there quite a bit and its an area I grew up in so I keep an eye on it too.

I really hope you're right.

On a side note I'd like to say that I've noticed quite a 3G speed boost lately. A couple of days ago I tried a speed test and was able to pull 1.3 Mbps (on 3G ehrpd of course) :-) . I really hope NV is making progress around here. How long does it take lte to turn on after 3G nv improvements start?

I really hope you're right.

On a side note I'd like to say that I've noticed quite a 3G speed boost lately. A couple of days ago I tried a speed test and was able to pull 1.3 Mbps (on 3G ehrpd of course) :-) . I really hope NV is making progress around here. How long does it take lte to turn on after 3G nv improvements start?

It varies. But Samsung seems to be the fastest. And you're in a Samsung market.

• Like 1

eHRPD in Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield and Commerce Township:

Just moved to Sprint MVNO (Ting) on a Galaxy S3. Seeing eHRPD:13 around 12mile/Drake - 14 and Orchard Lake and 14 and Haggerty near Costco.

Looks like work is afoot!

eHRPD in Farmington Hills, West Bloomfield and Commerce Township:

Just moved to Sprint MVNO (Ting) on a Galaxy S3. Seeing eHRPD:13 around 12mile/Drake - 14 and Orchard Lake and 14 and Haggerty near Costco.

Looks like work is afoot!

Ehrpd doesnt mean nv has started. Ehrpd has been in the area that I have known of since November when I got my gs3 and ive read reports that its been here longer then that.

Here is a link explaining ehrpd

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/page__p__52976#entry52976

I'm not sure what happened but my 3g speeds have gone from averaging 150kbps to 1.5mbps in my little town just south of Ann Arbor (Saline for those of you that know the area). Whether they are doing NV or not I don't know, but they clearly did something and I'm a content customer again

I'm not sure what happened but my 3g speeds have gone from averaging 150kbps to 1.5mbps in my little town just south of Ann Arbor (Saline for those of you that know the area). Whether they are doing NV or not I don't know, but they clearly did something and I'm a content customer again

Same to me. I was actually able to peck 2 Mbps (which is a new high for me) with my average being at about 1.7 Mbps a couple of days ago. Streaming pandora is actually a reasonable thing again. I have a feeling NV must be going on and we'll see lte come soon (or customers are leaving sprint and therefore freeing up the airwaves) but I have a feeling it's NV :-) Ill keep my eye on towers as I pass and trust me I'll be one of the first to put lte on sensorly once I get it.

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope by next Christmas I'll be posting via 4g!

Sprint is doing general tower upgrades. That may be what you are seeing? I had horrible speeds in my office at work until recently. I spoke to sprint and they did a upgrade recently.

Ehrpd doesnt mean nv has started.

Thanks, I knew that. But from what I have read, I understand that it is a pre-requisite to support LTE devices to interoperate seamlessly in a mixed 3G/LTE environment.

I know that there is no definite time frame between eHRPD appearing and NV rollout as well. Just trying to be optmistic :-)

Over Christmas, I was visiting family in Wyandotte, MI (East Michigan Market), and took some pictures of the tower serving the area where they live. Doesn't look like much has been done here yet. Hopefully in the next 4 months or so.

tower1.jpg

tower3.jpg

Now I dont know if its just me but the past two days I've had my service drop in areas I normally have service or I keep voice and lose just 3g. It could be the servers are just overloaded because of the holiday or there is something going on. I have noticed this with both my gs3 and my work phone which is a motorola admiral. Lets its good news instead of bad.

Now I dont know if its just me but the past two days I've had my service drop in areas I normally have service or I keep voice and lose just 3g. It could be the servers are just overloaded because of the holiday or there is something going on. I have noticed this with both my gs3 and my work phone which is a motorola admiral. Lets its good news instead of bad.

I don't know about now, but when I was shopping at Southland Mall in Taylor a few days before Christmas, Sprint service was totally useless. Couldn't make calls, and there wasn't any data. It even roamed where I had 4 bars of service because the tower that serves the area was severly overloaded. Thankfully, it roamed over to Verizon and I was able to use 3G, but slowly due to all the crazy shoppers.

Hopefully by next Christmas, LTE/NV will blanket the area so this won't happen again. :D

I heard from a source one of the sites in Howell, Michigan is now complete with LTE. It may or may not be live at this time. But Samsung is calling for inspection. Yay! Finally.

Robert

• Like 6

I heard from a source one of the sites in Howell, Michigan is now complete with LTE. It may or may not be live at this time. But Samsung is calling for inspection. Yay! Finally.

Robert

Glad to hear it. Sounds like they are moving from the west to the east. This doesnt surprise me since there are less sites out there

After the new year ill keep a better look out at the towers in Detroit, granted they might be a while but I've kinda been driving with blinders on to towers mostly. Robert if I see anything you want the pictures here or down in the sponsor forum?

Happy New Year everyone

• Like 1

After the new year ill keep a better look out at the towers in Detroit, granted they might be a while but I've kinda been driving with blinders on to towers mostly. Robert if I see anything you want the pictures here or down in the sponsor forum?

Happy New Year everyone

You can post here, unless you reference the Site IDs or info from the Sponsor forums. Then you should post them in Sponsor forums.

You can post here, unless you reference the Site IDs or info from the Sponsor forums. Then you should post them in Sponsor forums.

I can name a site by looking @ the tag when I walk up to a site. That is pubic info. Not Sponsor info. All Sprint # sites have id. Correct ?

have I.d.'s.....am I right

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I can name a site by looking @ the tag when I walk up to a site. That is pubic info. Not Sponsor info. All Sprint # sites have id. Correct ?

The site ids that we have in the sponsor forum I have not seen on any of the sites that I've stalked just the site id for american tower that ive seen.

Not all sites show the ID in plain sight. Not even most. The bottom line is if the member gets the Site ID from the Sponsor section (or any data for that matter), then they cannot post it publicly. If they photo the Site ID, then they can show that in the public section.

Not all sites show the ID in plain sight. Not even most. The bottom line is if the member gets the Site ID from the Sponsor section (or any data for that matter), then they cannot post it publicly. If they photo the Site ID, then they can show that in the public section.

Ok so if im using the maps in the sponsor forum to go to the towers. That counts as info correct. I dont want to do something wrong. Hence the 20 questions

Ok so if im using the maps in the sponsor forum to go to the towers. That counts as info correct. I dont want to do something wrong. Hence the 20 questions

You can post the pics anywhere you want. If you reference the Site ID in your post, it must be in the Sponsor section. You can take a picture of the Site ID if posted and that is allowed in the public section.