Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I found some LTE 800 near Novi/Farmington Hills area. Same spot I found 1x800 late last year.

glad ur getting updates but hate the 3mhz in the Columbus market, Better than 3G sometimes but nice to see lte stick and not doing the 3G/lte dance and burning your battery!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's awfully close to the Canadian border...

I wish people would stop pointing this out. There's 1x800 in Detroit, which is basically ON the border. I have seen at least 6 or 7 1x800 sites there, mostly right downtown.

Novi is 30 miles from the border.

I wish people would stop pointing this out. There's 1x800 in Detroit, which is basically ON the border. I have seen at least 6 or 7 1x800 sites there, mostly right downtown.

Novi is 30 miles from the border.

25 miles may be the limit given other documents (very low power after this iirc).  However these may also be privately negotiated.

Edited by dkyeager

It's here less that one mile right now.

Sorry for being unclear.  I was referencing B26 LTE 800 site locations.  Extensive small cells are likely your consolation prize.

25 miles refers to the distance to the Canadian shore, which I assume includes islands. 1x800 frequencies are divided up into primary and secondary for each country iirc.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 miles refers to the distance to the Canadian shore, which I assume includes islands. 1x800 frequencies are divided up into primary and secondary for each country iirc.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Right, but from Detroit downtown, it's less than a mile across the water to Canada.

I don't see how CDMA compared to LTE really makes a difference. They are both considered wide band radio signals. The problem with the whole border thing is that Canada was still using it for iDEN radio, which is narrow band and channelized. If something on the US side was looking to use that spectrum for similar narrow band signaling, even if not iDEN, is there would not be much of an issue.

I'll go even further. Southern California needs band 26 BAD. But I've lost all hope at this point

Yes, but things aren't worked out with Mexico. But they are with Canada. So I'm looking forward to some B26 goodness.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

Yes, but things aren't worked out with Mexico. But they are with Canada. So I'm looking forward to some B26 goodness.

I'm praying the file a waiver for socal like they did with Phoenix AZ. This holdup is ridiculous granted it's not their fault.

Ohio and Michigan have an advantage since the are primary overall in diplomatic agreements concerning these frequencies, where Vancouver (3rd largest Canadian metro) is primary near Seattle. (Primary meaning they got more frequencies slots in this band.) Details were posted in our 800 thread, likely during the last year. Other unknown factors may also be at play.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Correction to above, the distance is 30km ( about 18.7 miles) from the nearest Canadian shore.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-169

The frequency distribution was as follows: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-169&do=findComment&comment=496513 Continue down for several more posts.  I still believe some private agreements/ arrangements are also likely.  These links and my views are not meant to be definitive but merely enlightening.  Read through them and then put forth what you think.

Talked to Executive Services at Sprint last week.   Scheduled for 800 LTE love, during Late April / May timeframe: Dearborn Michigan and Westland areas.   My hope is  for Northern Burbs, like Oakland County / Rochester / Auburn Hills  to receive some 800 LTE antenna attention.

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 5

I hope Sprint can upgrade some of those B25 only towers soon. There is one that really annoys me and would really help if Sprint could deploy B41 and B26 on that tower. Not sure how I can check the status or push for an upgrade on that tower. 

Most towers in Metro Detroit need this upgrade.   Since IBEZ has been clear and open in this area now for sometime,(a year or so according to the FCC)  it once again becomes a waiting game with Sprint.    It's especially annoying when they keep advertising Detroit as a Sprint Spark or what ever the name is now.   To be that, all 3 frequencies should have been available and up until now, haven't.    IE little or no 800mHz east of Jackson Michigan. 

When I was on the phone, the gentleman from Sprint Executive Services was literally telling me when the last Tower work / update was done in the area.  We went through several.   Most if not all, have not been touched in this area since 2013/14 (Network Vision?)   that was 3 or 4 years ago. By electronic / computer age, that was an eternity ago.    There were only a handful that had some recent updates.

He did say and I will tell all of you this, USE YOUR Sprint Zone app and report network issues!   Report Network issues on that app!  They are actually downloading and utilizing that data to determine what tower and locations needs to be scheduled/ worked.    If they get no complaints, they assume no issue. They can see at that moment, your GPS location, the type of phone in use and network / tower numbers/load etc.    Hope that helps.    I too am waiting.   Small cell deployment at Comerica Park and Ford Field is great, but I don't live there.    

• Like 1

They don't advertise Sprint Spark or anything like that anymore. Just LTE Plus, which is B41 Carrier Aggregation, and they show those areas specifically on their coverage map. You'll get your B26, but don't worry about Spark. That was a marketing blunder. And it's as relevant as iDEN now.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I was a handful of miles into Windsor this morning and was wondering why my phone hadn't kicked over to Rogers. I was surprised to see I was still on Sprint. In the past, my phone immediately kicked over once I emerged on the Canadian side of the tunnel.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-07-20-26.pngScreenshot_2017-05-11-07-26-36.pngScreenshot_2017-05-11-07-21-12.png

There was a brief flicker of Sprint Band 25 LTE but it dropped before I could snap a screenshot.

• Like 3

And just for fun and out of scope for this topic, here's some screenshots of Rogers Wireless LTE in Windsor before I was off into HSPA+ land.

Screenshot_2017-05-11-07-32-46.png Screenshot_2017-05-11-07-33-11.png

Screenshot_2017-05-11-07-39-17.pngScreenshot_2017-05-11-07-39-09.png

Screenshot_2017-05-11-16-16-30.pngScreenshot_2017-05-11-16-16-24.png

• Like 4

LTE 800 in Birmingham, MI (48009) yesterday.  GCI 08C0510F PCI 411 TAC 17943 EARFCN 8763 MCC-MNC 310-120

Held CDMA 800 all the way from Southfield to Auburn Hills on a call 3 days ago.  Somehow held onto a single site/sector for over 10 miles.  Finally dropped under a bridge at Opdyke and South Blvd.

SCP now has 19 CDMA 800 sites logged.

Saw new dual band antenna hardware being installed on the Sprint rack of a cell site along I696 a week ago in Southfield.

• Like 4

Anymore local 800 sightings?     I'm still waiting for the Dearborn (Greenfield Road Tower and Telegraph Road Tower) upgrades that were promised "by end of May" per Sprint....

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...