Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Has anyone heard anything on b26 for the rest of Michigan?

From what I've been reading were lucky if we see it by mid 2017. Even once the ibez issue gets taken care of, I believe E. Mich doesn't have any towers with B26 panels

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

From what I've been reading were lucky if we see it by mid 2017. Even once the ibez issue gets taken care of, I believe E. Mich doesn't have any towers with B26 panels

That is correct, it will be a rip and replace of the PCS only panels

That is correct, it will be a rip and replace of the PCS only panels

Would B26 even make a significant increase in Lte speeds or just more for coverage?

Would B26 even make a significant increase in Lte speeds or just more for coverage?

B26 will extend the coverage of LTE and also offer extra capacity for devices to switch onto.

• Like 1

What should I eat there? ????

Haha.. at the airport? Hmm.. I like Potbelly, we don't really have those near me and it's always good. I'm not one to usually eat a big meal while traveling. If you're looking for food in the city, go to Slows BarBq down by the old train station and the Tiger Stadium site. Great food.

-Mike

DTW Was excellent. 2nd carrier all over the place. Nice airport. I did end up eating potbelly AND Chik-Fil-A Hehe. I was gonna go for. Zingermans but it was cold sandwiches not freshly prepared.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Glad about the airport.   It's always been pretty strong around there, but I'm still waiting for B26.    Mirror mirror on the wall, when will Detroit get B26 for all?

Need hardware swaps or additions for Detroit to get B26

Glad about the airport.   It's always been pretty strong around there, but I'm still waiting for B26.    Mirror mirror on the wall, when will Detroit get B26 for all?

Need hardware swaps or additions for Detroit to get B26

So the only thing preventing B26 at this point is hardware installs, or is the IBEZ still in affect also?

So the only thing preventing B26 at this point is hardware installs, or is the IBEZ still in affect also?

Canada is still in effect. Can't go until the Canadians say they're good to go as US side is rebanded.

Sprint has been testing 3x3 800 LTE for a while in the kindle of nowhere pending the go signal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2

Canada is still in effect. Can't go until the Canadians say they're good to go as US side is rebanded.

Sprint has been testing 3x3 800 LTE for a while in the kindle of nowhere pending the go signal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I thought the Detroit metro area was clear with the only holdouts left in the Washington State area.

I thought the Detroit metro area was clear with the only holdouts left in the Washington State area.

Look across the border. That's the problem. Us side is cleared.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Look across the border. That's the problem. Us side is cleared.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I thought the 800 mhz TA covered both sides of the border. If so, I thought their most recent report said that the channels are clear in the mitten.

http://www.800ta.org/content/reporting/quarterlyreports.asp

I thought the 800 mhz TA covered both sides of the border. If so, I thought their most recent report said that the channels are clear in the mitten.

http://www.800ta.org/content/reporting/quarterlyreports.asp

Only Applicable to US side and was partly created by FCC. Canada is a different organization and their FCC equivalent is so badly organized that information is basically nigh impossible to find.

Neal Gompa (Conan Cudo) tried tracking it before and expressed extreme displeasure.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I don't know if this is news or not but today I noticed my S7 Edge picking up 1X800 near Novi / Farmington Hills today.

That is great news.  The farthest east I have seen 1x800 was Ovid on M-21.  I don't think any of the towers around me have 1x800 equipment.  Maybe I will have to take a closer look.

That is great news.  The farthest east I have seen 1x800 was Ovid on M-21.  I don't think any of the towers around me have 1x800 equipment.  Maybe I will have to take a closer look.

I've been reporting this area a lot for poor coverage and data speeds over a few years. I used to get -95 to -115, now I get around -85 to -105 db.

Surprisingly my AirAve is still being useful as my phone for some reason connects to it via EVDO and 1X800 via the tower. 

• Like 1

I don't know if this is news or not but today I noticed my S7 Edge picking up 1X800 near Novi / Farmington Hills today.

This is actually very good news.  Network performance around there is absolute crap.  The area around Twelve Oaks Mall and the Fountain Walk shopping center is weird and spotty.  It will be -95 signal with LTE and then -117 if you take three steps.  EVDO is strangely useless, where it just gets stupid and waits forever, then kicks you back to 1x repeatedly even though you could have a -90 signal.

I just hope they fix the stupid way Sprint phones handle 1x800 in most cases.

• Like 2

To see channel 476 1x800 (the default channel) only 37km from the Canadian border is very good news. Columbus has channel 526 about 160km from the border, which then restricts us to b26 LTE 800 3x3 at best (21.7Mbps maximum). Any B26 LTE 800 is welcome, but the possibility that you might get regular B26 LTE 800 5x5 is a great future option.

Enjoy the better in-building and low spot usage and fewer dropped call of 1x800. Great find!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...