Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Not so fast. They have added lots of capacity sites over the years in urban/suburban areas creating many places with tighter than PCS spacing. In those instances B41 may overlap for continuous coverage.

I can confirm this, Sprint added three CDMA sites within the City of Bristol, TV/VA back in 2009/2010.  One is located about a 1 1/2 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway, the other in a subdivision, and the third that sits about a quarter mile from my house.  Their network has certainly tightened up here on the PCS side and even better with all of these sites broadcasting 800 SMR on the CDMA/LTE side not to mention the older sites that were built back in the 90s.  

Sprint has PCS spacing, may be tighter in downtown Detroit.

PCS spacing -> you probably won't be able to maintain a b41 signal everywhere even outside.

"PCS spacing" is a spurious concept.  Does VZW have "Cellular spacing"?  No.

In most well constructed markets these days, the big four operators have quite similar site spacing -- regardless of their respective band/frequency holdings.  That is because capacity concerns trumped basic coverage dictates years ago.

AJ

• Like 1

Speedtest in New Baltimore indoors! Hope this will be the new norm or atleast close to it when spark is finished being deployed. 7b3a35af804147b04ffff2ff8ba4a40d.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Nice, similar to what I get at my mom's place.

• Like 1

Does Sprint work on the weekends, both Saturday & Sunday, in terms of cell tower and working on it's network?

Yes. Crews may go home on weekends if they are near home. If they are far from home, then they will work all weekend until they have finished up their current assignment and head home in a week or two.

Yes. Crews may go home on weekends if they are near home. If they are far from home, then they will work all weekend until they have finished up their current assignment and head home in a week or two.

I'm surprised they are forced to work in the winter, especially with as cold as it's gotten.

I'm surprised they are forced to work in the winter, especially with as cold as it's gotten.

They want to work, they get paid per the job. I agree with you, I saw a crew working on one of thoses cold days. Where the weather was 20 below zero with the wind chill, More power to them and good for us. The more they work, the faster network 2.0 will get done :D

Optimization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised to get Band 41 from the Schoolcraft/Inkster Rd. site, all the way to the Middlebelt/Schoolcraft site. I got about 10 Mbps from it.

I was surprised to get Band 41 from the Schoolcraft/Inkster Rd. site, all the way to the Middlebelt/Schoolcraft site. I got about 10 Mbps from it.

There's very little interference between b41 sites because site spacing is relatively high for b41.

That means you'll get good speeds with very low signal.

There's very little interference between b41 sites because site spacing is relatively high for b41.

That means you'll get good speeds with very low signal.

Seems like Livonia has been getting a lot of love from Sprint.

Once b41 is on all towers, it'll be interesting to see what b25 speeds are

It would depend on the number of Tri-Band device users there are, once that happens. I'm on a plan with my dad and younger sister, and they still have single band LTE devices. Moto X(first gen) and iPhone 5. I use the Samsung Galaxy Mega.

It would depend on the number of Tri-Band device users there are, once that happens. I'm on a plan with my dad and younger sister, and they still have single band LTE devices. Moto X(first gen) and iPhone 5. I use the Samsung Galaxy Mega.

How are their speeds? Lol

Which is ?

It depends where, but at my dads house, he gets up to 5 Mbps, and for some reason, I get up to 3 Mbps. Oh, for some reason, my phone randomly did a profile update by itself just now.

I've been getting Band 41 at my house, it shows up once a day, at most twice. I live at Deering and Pickford, in Livonia. Is there optimization going on, and could anyone tell me which tower I could getting this my cell service from?

It depends where, but at my dads house, he gets up to 5 Mbps, and for some reason, I get up to 3 Mbps. Oh, for some reason, my phone randomly did a profile update by itself just now.

Your dad is getting just about the advertised speed for Sprint's LTE service, 5Mbps is more than enough for smartphone use.  

sprint-lte.jpg

Your dad is getting just about the advertised speed for Sprint's LTE service, 5Mbps is more than enough for smartphone use.

sprint-lte.jpg

The problem with that kind of thinking - which has been heavily hammered here - is that it means that you only have "that much" capacity left, with no additional network investment.

Anyway with spark very close to launch in Detroit, you soon won't have to make excuses for sprint anymore [emoji12]

And FYI, sprint store at 12 mile and telegraph speed tests range from 4mbps right next to window and 0.05mbps on note 4, s5 15 feet from window.

I do want to know if anyones phone randomly, just automatically did a profile update, like my phone did the other day?

Was it a Profile or PRL update? Both are pushed to devices periodically to make sure everything is up to date.