Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I just upgraded to a Sponsor level.  Are there any maps that show band 41 and band 26 (maybe wishful thinking) deployment status?  I'm in the Downriver Detroit area with an iPhone 5s and LTE is still very spotty on band 25.  Thanks.

I just upgraded to a Sponsor level. Are there any maps that show band 41 and band 26 (maybe wishful thinking) deployment status? I'm in the Downriver Detroit area with an iPhone 5s and LTE is still very spotty on band 25. Thanks.

B41, b26 maps are premier sponsor level.

B26 will not get deployed till late this year cause of ibez interference issues with canadia.

What speed are you seeing with your 5S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B41, b26 maps are premier sponsor level.

B26 will not get deployed till late this year cause of ibez interference issues with canadia.

What speed are you seeing with your 5S?

Pretty slow speeds to be honest.  If I get over 1 Mbps, then I'm doing really well.  Most of the time, it's .30 - 1.2 using the OOKLA speed test app.  I'm wondering how the B41 deployment is going in 48183 and if it's worth it to wait for the end of my contract to get a Spark capable phone.

Pretty slow speeds to be honest. If I get over 1 Mbps, then I'm doing really well. Most of the time, it's .30 - 1.2 using the OOKLA speed test app. I'm wondering how the B41 deployment is going in 48183 and if it's worth it to wait for the end of my contract to get a Spark capable phone.

In addition to current b41 sites, premiers get access to the schedules for each band completion.

When does your contract end?

Though I can't give you premier sponsor info I can hint whether or not it's worth it to wait for your upgrade.

Pretty slow speeds to be honest. If I get over 1 Mbps, then I'm doing really well. Most of the time, it's .30 - 1.2 using the OOKLA speed test app. I'm wondering how the B41 deployment is going in 48183 and if it's worth it to wait for the end of my contract to get a Spark capable phone.

Something else to take into account: when spark does go live, your iPhone 5S speeds will go up a lot because all the people around you with spark phones will be on 2.5ghz thereby freeing up space on b25.

It won't increase your speeds to 20+Mbps but in full spark markets people are saying they see ~3mbps on b25-only phones.

In addition to current b41 sites, premiers get access to the schedules for each band completion.

When does your contract end?

Though I can't give you premier sponsor info I can hint whether or not it's worth it to wait for your upgrade.

Contract ends in September, but I believe I'm eligible to upgrade now to the iPhone 6/6s.

Contract ends in September, but I believe I'm eligible to upgrade now to the iPhone 6/6s.

If you upgrade now, not sure of your experience; Scroll up to see many members' posts about b41 sitings all over SE mich.

By your contract end, if schedules hold up -and they Should since b41 installs are wayyyyyyy faster - SE mich should be a very good spark market.

I've been getting the same crummy sub 2 Mbps down, sub 1 Mbps upload speeds since Oct. 2013 where I live.  I don't see how adding b26 and b41 will help when I doubt Sprint is upgrading back haul like they should be.

I've been getting the same crummy sub 2 Mbps down, sub 1 Mbps upload speeds since Oct. 2013 where I live.  I don't see how adding b26 and b41 will help when I doubt Sprint is upgrading back haul like they should be.

They are trying to upgrade the backhaul, sadly the same thing is happening with backhaul providers. They are sitting on simple upgrade order for few weeks or a few months. It is sad, If I had company that wanted increase in backhaul and I could make more money off them. I would be all over that and then some lol. Band 41 will help out a lot, sprint has a lot more room to grow on band 41. So as long as a lot of people have spark phones, you will benefit from it. Speeds in spark markets are going up on band 25, because a lot of people are using band 41 more now. The overall sprint experience is getting better and better :D

By September I can see Detroit being close to finish with band 41, they are moving at a fast rate right now. If you upgrade to 6/6s, you will get band 41 here and there. So it is really up to, the band 25 isn't going to change and you already get a phone that gets band 26 when that gets turn on. So again it is really up to you. I will say that my experenice with a tri-band, it is like night and day. So when all the bands get turned on, you will love being on sprint

Who does Sprint use as fiber back haul providers in suburban Detroit?  I couldn't see anyone where I live besides Comcast and WOW as being a possibility.

ATT and comcast would be my guess. I know a lot of sites in western Michigan were using att

They recently changed everyone to use 24 month upgrade cycle instead of 20, might want to double check if you are still eligible. A lot of people were upset about it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

c86824e8997410708d7a2f1501015ee2.jpg

Over by the Big House in Ann Arbor tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I love the combination of your screenshot and your avatar. It's like you're saying "check this out, bitches!"

• Like 1

I love the combination of your screenshot and your avatar. It's like you're saying "check this out, bitches!"

Well that's basically me in a nut shell. LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6

Who does Sprint use as fiber back haul providers in suburban Detroit?  I couldn't see anyone where I live besides Comcast and WOW as being a possibility.

Besides your local ISPs in your area Sprint could be using Windstream as well, they have several fiber rings in the Detroit metro area.  

Well that's basically me in a nut shell. LOL

In a nutshell?  Then, you must be awfully small.  I hope that you are okay in there.

AJ

I don't know if anyone can help me, but my phone has been bouncing between LTE and 3G for a few hours now, and has done a few nights in row, like this. Can anyone say what could be the cause? I live at 7 Mile and Inkster, in Livonia.

I don't know if anyone can help me, but my phone has been bouncing between LTE and 3G for a few hours now, and has done a few nights in row, like this.I live at 7 Mile and Inkster, in Livonia.

Use Wi-Fi at home.  Problem solved! You are welcome.

Does Wi-Fi work anywhere with your phone?

It sort of works, but for some reason, it won't stop switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data, like for some reason it doesn't want to stay on Wi-Fi, so I just had my phone forget every network and turned Wi-Fi off. It would overheat and drain the battery within hours. With how I have it now, my phone lasts all day.

It sort of works, but for some reason, it won't stop switching between Wi-Fi and cellular data, like for some reason it doesn't want to stay on Wi-Fi, so I just had my phone forget every network and turned Wi-Fi off. It would overheat and drain the battery within hours. With how I have it now, my phone lasts all day.

Did this start after an update to the phone?  If not, then as much as this may suck but you may have to factory reset your phone to see if Wi-Fi will start functioning correctly.  If Wi-Fi still does not work after a factory reset then it could be a hardware issue with your phone.