Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Too bad you're not premier. You'd see the schedule maps and metro Detroit being lit up with b41 pins.

Maybe you or somebody else could help me become a "premier". There are still a lot of work Sprint needs to do, they've got a long ways to go. Really wish it was Band 26 instead of Band 41, only because I barely get Band 25 at my house.

The site on M-59 east of 23 just had B41 go live last week. It was about a 2 week turnaround after the antennas went up. B41 in Hartland went live back in October I believe. 

I've been trying get people to let me know what's going on around Traverse City/Williamsburg, because I'll be there next week and I wouldn't want to report on anything others have already reported on. Anything?

Maybe you or somebody else could help me become a "premier". There are still a lot of work Sprint needs to do, they've got a long ways to go. Really wish it was Band 26 instead of Band 41, only because I barely get Band 25 at my house.

Blame the generals who lost war of 1812.
  • Like 1

Why is it that AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless able to have 700 Mhrz? Is the IBEZ thing similar to the Channel 51 thing?

Ch51 thing is that 700a block is right next to ch51 and interference would happen if 700a lte was broadcast within a certain distance.

Ibez thing is that Canada and Mexico have not yet reconfigured their 800 band to match USA

Why is it that AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless able to have 700 Mhrz?

Because there are no conflicts in whatever particular bands you are referring to.

Entities in Canada and Mexico (and some US markets) are still using the 800 MHz frequencies that Sprint is deploying on, so those entities have to finish rebanding before Sprint can use them nearby. It's a (slow) process that was started a long time ago, and was originally expected to be finished by now.

-Mike

Ch51 thing is that 700a block is right next to ch51 and interference would happen if 700a lte was broadcast within a certain distance.

Ibez thing is that Canada and Mexico have not yet reconfigured their 800 band to match USA

Because there are no conflicts in whatever particular bands you are referring to.

Entities in Canada and Mexico (and some US markets) are still using the 800 MHz frequencies that Sprint is deploying on, so those entities have to finish rebanding before Sprint can use them nearby. It's a (slow) process that was started a long time ago, and was originally expected to be finished by now.

-Mike

Thank you both. I hope IBEZ and Channel 51 get sorted out pretty soon.

I've been trying get people to let me know what's going on around Traverse City/Williamsburg, because I'll be there next week and I wouldn't want to report on anything others have already reported on. Anything?

I've seen your requests in the W MI forum. Probably no one active on this forum anymore that can answer that. I certainly cannot give any personal accounts since I'm not in, near or around that area.

That being said, you'd likely be the first set of boots on the ground in that area observing on behalf of S4GRU so we look forward to your report!

• Like 1

Found B41 yesterday in the Clarkston, Auburn Hills and I-75/I-696 areas. Must have just been recently turned on and un-optimized because the range is a pile of suck. But it's a start. Auburn Hills around Great Lakes Crossing mall usually sees 3G/4G data ground to an unusable halt.

I definitely plan on giving as much information as possible while I'm up there. I'll be posting it in the West forum seeing as that area is in the western part of Michigan. I might post here, just to let everyone here now as well. I'll do my best to get around up there.

LTE service has been down in Holly for the past couple days. Tower maintenance I'm assuming, but eHRPD is still going "strong". How long does such maintenance usually take?

There is a site in the vicinity that was converted from a GMO to full build with LTE. I haven't been through Holly since Jan 2 so I don't know if the Holly site had LTE come back online (likely) but i strongly suspect LTE was taken offline for tuning of the new LTE site.

• 2 weeks later...

previous posts i mentioned that in Saginaw Michigan on the corner of titabawassee and Michigan that my data speeds were .05 mbs download. i believe this is cell tower 196 in my debug menu, After dealing with sprint on it for months, they are now telling me that this 6 or 7 month old tower is fine and nothing further will be done......... Now they are also saying that in march this tower will have the additional frequency which from my understanding is the 800MHZ.. Isn't this area legally not allowed to used this frequency? IBEZ i think is what it is? Also the problem isn't with my device as i have tested about 8 different phones and all get around the same download speeds.Anybody tell me why they cant or wont do anything?

previous posts i mentioned that in Saginaw Michigan on the corner of titabawassee and Michigan that my data speeds were .05 mbs download. i believe this is cell tower 196 in my debug menu, After dealing with sprint on it for months, they are now telling me that this 6 or 7 month old tower is fine and nothing further will be done......... Now they are also saying that in march this tower will have the additional frequency which from my understanding is the 800MHZ.. Isn't this area legally not allowed to used this frequency? IBEZ i think is what it is? Also the problem isn't with my device as i have tested about 8 different phones and all get around the same download speeds.Anybody tell me why they cant or wont do anything?

Not 800 MHz but Band 41 (2.5GHz). Nothing further can likely be done because the cell site is most likely overloaded. Band 41 will help alleviate that. Nothing Earth shattering with your experience or what Sprint told you. You'll just have to hang on and make sure you have a tri-band capable (Spark) phone. Band 41 is alive and kicking in Flint and the Tri's so if it isn't at that particular site yet I'm sure it will be soon. 

Not 800 MHz but Band 41 (2.5GHz). Nothing further can likely be done because the cell site is most likely overloaded. Band 41 will help alleviate that. Nothing Earth shattering with your experience or what Sprint told you. You'll just have to hang on and make sure you have a tri-band capable (Spark) phone. Band 41 is alive and kicking in Flint and the Tri's so if it isn't at that particular site yet I'm sure it will be soon. 

I do have a tri-band device, However i do not believe it is an over utilization issue. If this was the issue than i would be seeing higher latency on my pings. Also if this tower was rebuild about 7 months ago according to Sprint why would they have not enabled band 41 at that time? Is there a way to see if i can connect to band 41? currently I am on band 25. 

Also if this tower was rebuild about 7 months ago according to Sprint why would they have not enabled band 41 at that time? Is there a way to see if i can connect to band 41? currently I am on band 25.

Sprint is redoing all of its towers, nationwide. But it is being completed in phases, and there was reportedly a shortage of B41 equipment for a period of time. Instead of waiting for B41 equipment, Sprint most likely proceeded with the B25 upgrades so users did not have to wait for LTE. B41 upgrades have started proceeding rapidly across the country since fall.

S4GRU sponsors of various levels have access to maps showing site acceptances and upgrade schedules. You'll need to monitor your engineering screen or use an app like SignalCheck, Signal Detector, or LTE Discovery to see what band you are connected to. In fully upgraded areas, you can be moved between B25/B26/B41 frequently.

-Mike

• Like 3