Manufacturers purposely releasing small batteries for follow-up sales?

pyroscott

The Galaxy Nexus sells with a 1850 mAh battery, but there is a OEM 2100 mAh available with a new back cover. The difference in thickness is minute, but it makes one wonder why they wouldn't have used the 2100 as the stock battery. Maybe it was to have the thinnest profile possible, or to make a quick buck off customers. The extended battery is only $25, but regular price is $50, and with the NFC chip embedded in the battery, it virtually eliminates any knock off manufacturers products from being very competitive. Let's hope the trend is more the way of the RAZR MAXX with a massive battery instead of the Nexus having a decent battery with a slight upgrade of an extended battery.

Most people wouldn't think of it from your perspective. They will just be happy that there is an accessory they can buy to extend their battery.

But they are being duped.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Most people wouldn't think of it from your perspective. They will just be happy that there is an accessory they can buy to extend their battery.

But they are being duped.

It's one thing if some other company like Seidio releases a higher capacity battery that is roughly the same size, but when the manufacturer releases a high cap battery that is just slightly larger, they should put it in the juice guzzling devices so they can get at least a day of use out of it...

It's one thing if some other company like Seidio releases a higher capacity battery that is roughly the same size' date=' but when the manufacturer releases a high cap battery that is just slightly larger, they should put it in the juice guzzling devices so they can get at least a day of use out of it...[/quote']

Agree completely.

• 5 months later...

...and when they glue in a tiny battery instead of making the device 1-2mm thicker and a few grams heavier, I can find no logic to it.

The new Photon Q LTE 4G with a lighted slide-out keyboard and a 4.3 inch screen has a smaller battery in it than my Moto XPRT. <_<

• Like 1

CoughEVO4Gcough.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

Yup....the extended battery is the first accessory I bought when I got my OG EVO this past summer.

I love it, except for finding cases and holsters is a pain.

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"