Google Nexus 4 by LG

Mondays In Flames

I'm no LG cheerleader, but my LG Viper has been pretty solid. Except for some strange reason the 1x signal is usually 10dBm weaker than EVDO. Even in a remote location, with only one site for miles and I am standing next to it. Wait...maybe my Viper hasn't been so solid? :P

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

same with my iPhone 4S there's always been like a 10dbm difference which I thought was weird.

Wow. 8GB or 16GB with no external memory. The rest of the specs are on par with what was reported. BUT NO LTE and no announcement for CDMA version.

http://www.gsmarena....l-news-5013.php

There isn't exactly an lte standard so I doubt they would spend the extra money on the added hardware to make it lte compatible with most carriers like what apple did with the iphone 5.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that the Nexus 4 won't be on Sprint EVER. As well as any future Nexus phones it seems..

Was it announced that it won't be on sprint ever?

• Like 1

No, but this article makes it seem that way: http://www.theverge....not-have-4g-lte

Well this is no different than the international one x, gs3, gnex etc... that didn't come with lte yet their U.S. carrier branded versions did. I guess its just a wait and see approach but in either case I am sure sprint will have a nexus with lte.

• Like 1

Well this is no different than the international one x, gs3, gnex etc... that didn't come with lte yet their U.S. carrier branded versions did. I guess its just a wait and see approach but in either case I am sure sprint will have a nexus with lte.

I sure hope you're right

You would think that LTE was a worse service than HSPA+ from all the Android defenders out there today! They also seem to think that including LTE would add $300 to the device. It seems like society today is so willing to pick a side and defend it to the death, instead of reasonably look at benefits and negatives. One side of peoples' mouths say 10x10 LTE is the only LTE fast enough for them, and the other side says HSPA+ is better than LTE, because Google says so!

I'm done rambling and I probably just stumbled on to the wrong Android/T-Mobile enthusiast site.

Folks, the Nexus 4 is aimed at the at the global market (of which the US is only one part). For example, including AT&T's band 17 LTE or Sprint's band 25 LTE on the phone would do nothing for any other carrier in any other country. The phone cannot accommodate enough LTE bands to satisfy all carriers and countries. And that is why LTE is left out.

As for Sprint, if you want the equivalent to this handset, just get the LG Optimus G. It is the same damn phone but appears to have better aesthetics and build quality.

AJ

• Like 2

It's looking less and less likely that an LTE version will be released with this phone... http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nexus-4-Google-LTE-Smartphone,18804.html

It's looking less and less likely that an LTE version will be released with this phone... http://www.tomshardw...hone,18804.html

Yeah it seems that way, in either case though, the optimus g is the exact same phone on sprint just with lg's ui and 13mp camera so getting an aosp/aokp rom on that particular phone shouldn't be too difficult at all. But of course that depends on how popular the phone will be with the dev community.

So Sprint gets the square version of the One X' date=' and now the square version of the Nexus? Blech

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

[/quote']

What a square world we live in, :lol:

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

So Sprint gets the square version of the One X, and now the square version of the Nexus? Blech

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Wouldn't they be more of a rectangle than a square?

I took a 360 photo with the new camera app. Interesting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Is the front of the station wagon really missing at the wheel, or is that just an effect of the app on the photo?

Robert

a6y6avu9.jpg

I took a 360 photo with the new camera app. Interesting.

Now, that is one creepy photo. It is like your own personal scene from "The Shining."

AJ

• Like 2

Sprint and Google seem to have a pretty good relationship so I'd be surprised if Sprint doesn't end up with an LTE version eventually. I think Google just wants to be able to sell that particular version of the nexus device at that price through the play store and they also want to sell one that they can push upgrades for. Both of those things won't happen on the Sprint version (if it does come).

Also- those photos above...I thought they were supposed to have a google streetview type viewer?

Sprint and Google seem to have a pretty good relationship so I'd be surprised if Sprint doesn't end up with an LTE version eventually. I think Google just wants to be able to sell that particular version of the nexus device at that price through the play store and they also want to sell one that they can push upgrades for. Both of those things won't happen on the Sprint version (if it does come).

Also- those photos above...I thought they were supposed to have a google streetview type viewer?

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking about the exclusion of LTE and CDMA, and it mirrors what happened with the gnex and nexus s. Sprint ended up with both...

However, I can't say that I am particularly drawn to a LG device...

Edit: The unlocked version comes in at a really low price, I wonder if the CDMA/subsidized version would see a lower price as well... Might work to change some perceptions of LG (and get some people to try a non-forked version of android) if it was a flagship at a midrange price.

For those who have been noisily clamoring for a quad core smartphone, the performance gains are underwhelming and at the expense of battery life. Watch what you ask for -- you just might get it.

I do wonder if the Snapdragon S4 Pro is a bit too much for a smartphone, and is better suited for a tablet at 28nm.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6425/google-nexus-4-and-nexus-10-review

AJ