Google Nexus 4 by LG

Mondays In Flames

Is T-Mobile using the band that nexus 4 is capable of with their lte rollout?

Yes, exclusively, against my good advice.

AJ

• Like 5

I have intentionally not accepted updates to my Nexus 4 because I knew this was going to happen. I'm keeping my LTE capability until they pry it from my cold dead hands!

I'm holding out too, although I probably will give in at some point unless T-Mobile's LTE deployment gets near me in the not-too-distant future. Certainly I'll be upgrading whenever Key Lime Pie hits, since that's 50% of why I got the Nexus 4 (20% was for new hotness to play with, and 30% was to have a modern GSM smartphone for when I travel to Canada and Europe in the next year or so).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I get "access denied" when I click on the link.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I get "access denied" when I click on the link.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The link was working last night. :x

http://androidandme.com/2013/04/smartphones-2/is-google-really-working-on-a-32gb-nexus-4-with-lte-for-io/

Here's another link with similar rumors. We'll 100% find out during Google I/O.

From the Android and Me link:

While there is a sizable user base to be captured with CDMA devices in the US, the amount of negotiating, update hassles and AOSP headache needed outweigh the benefits. Right now, there’s simply no easy way to craft one device, and have it work everywhere.

A non-GSM Nexus? I'll pass.

I've had the two previous devices on Sprint, both terrible.

The Galaxy Nexus I'll agree with you on that, but I disagree with your stance on the Nexus S 4G. That phone rocked!

• Like 1

The Galaxy Nexus I'll agree with you on that, but I disagree with your stance on the Nexus S 4G. That phone rocked!

Naaa, I had two of those, one Wifi worked ok, one Wifi hardly worked.

Once they updated the firmware to 4.0, the phone crawled to a halt.

Naaa, I had two of those, one Wifi worked ok, one Wifi hardly worked.

Once they updated the firmware to 4.0, the phone crawled to a halt.

Ah, I used the phone from 2.3.4 to 2.3.7 then I got my GSII. I was never around for the 4.0 update. :P

• 1 month later...

Just bought a T-Mobile Nexus 4 off of craigslist of $200, to take to the Philippines.  .  Activated a SIM card on the $30  100min/ 5GB plan.  :)

Unfortunately it already had 4.2.2, so I can't test the T-Mobile LTE until I get back and put a different ROM on it.

Just bought a T-Mobile Nexus 4 off of craigslist of $200, to take to the Philippines. . Activated a SIM card on the $30 100min/ 5GB plan. :)

Unfortunately it already had 4.2.2, so I can't test the T-Mobile LTE until I get back and put a different ROM on it.

Why would Google not want users to have access to the LTE band? I just find that if Google advertised it supported T-Mobiles LTE that it'd sell even better. Is there some kind of logical explanation as to why Google wouldn't want people on T-Mobile LTE?

Why would Google not want users to have access to the LTE band? I just find that if Google advertised it supported T-Mobiles LTE that it'd sell even better. Is there some kind of logical explanation as to why Google wouldn't want people on T-Mobile LTE?

It's not certified for Band 4 LTE. 

It's not certified for Band 4 LTE.

Bingo. Not authorized. Illegal. Bazinga!

AJ

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 4 by LG