Google Nexus 4 by LG

Mondays In Flames

One thing I was kind of blown away by the Tmo store was how it focused on a brand experience. I felt like I was in a trendy place and Tmo was the coolest club in town. You felt immersed in the brand everywhere, from the lighting to the displays. It was like I walked into a Tmo smartphone. It seemed like Carly was going to pop out of the back at any moment and everyone was going to cheer her and a round of drinks were on the house. Music would start pumping and the disco ball would drop from the ceiling.

Oh, no, it is happening. Robert is already going T-Mobile prepaid. Pretty soon, he is going to start becoming "younger and edgier," wearing pink, and thinking that T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray is a "rock star."

Dan, help us...

:P

AJ

• Like 2

This Note is a listing of every single Protection Site in America (work in progress) and a confirmation whether it is working or not. This note will be updated daily as information changes and/or is discovered. Do your part! If you live in or near one of the areas needing confirmation, confirm the signal and post results to Sensorly website via their Android app and post in this forum. Thanks!!!

This made me start a coughing fit. :lol:

If it makes you feel better, I passed on my cooties to the Tmo people. I went to their store with a raging cold. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I ordered the phone from Google. Should be here Thursday. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I was only speaking about activating the SIM card.

One thing I was kind of blown away by the Tmo store was how it focused on a brand experience. I felt like I was in a trendy place and Tmo was the coolest club in town. You felt immersed in the brand everywhere, from the lighting to the displays. It was like I walked into a Tmo smartphone. It seemed like Carly was going to pop out of the back at any moment and everyone was going to cheer her and a round of drinks were on the house. Music would start pumping and the disco ball would drop from the ceiling.

Nothing like going to a Sprint store at all. Sprint stores are boring vanilla and very corporate feeling. I assumed all wireless carriers were that way. The Tmo store set up doesn't really appeal to me, but I can see why it would to so many. It definitely is more "cool."

apparently some t-mobile stores are already selling the nexus 4 unlocked, but for 499 :(

Thought you were feeling eager and paid up, heh.

I think the t-mobile 30 dollar plan will get a lot of sprint subscribers to go on seasonal standby while they wait for network vision to roll through.

I can't believe people are angry the AT&T/T-Mobile deal fell through. I, personally, love choice and will never use AT&T.

apparently some t-mobile stores are already selling the nexus 4 unlocked, but for 499 :(

Thought you were feeling eager and paid up, heh.

I think the t-mobile 30 dollar plan will get a lot of sprint subscribers to go on seasonal standby while they wait for network vision to roll through.

I can't believe people are angry the AT&T/T-Mobile deal fell through. I, personally, love choice and will never use AT&T.

Yeah, $499 is ridiculous. Maybe there is some truth to the rumors that Google is subsidizing some of the phone costs. Maybe $200?

The store in Santa Fe had no Nexus 4 in inventory. I asked, because I wanted to look at one. AT&T has much better coverage in my area than Tmo. But even with just a toy on the side, I couldn't give those creeps a penny. Besides, the $30 Tmo prepaid deal is so cheap, I can't afford not to do it.

Yeah, $499 is ridiculous. Maybe there is some truth to the rumors that Google is subsidizing some of the phone costs. Maybe $200?

The store in Santa Fe had no Nexus 4 in inventory. I asked, because I wanted to look at one. AT&T has much better coverage in my area than Tmo. But even with just a toy on the side, I couldn't give those creeps a penny. Besides, the $30 Tmo prepaid deal is so cheap, I can't afford not to do it.

If not at an explicit loss, certainly an implicit one. I am guessing the component cost + assembly/packing/delivery is probably right around 300. Amazing they are doing this.

Supposedly, T-Mobile has very solid coverage in and around Boston. I am anxious to find out.

T-Mobile still offers its Classic plans, which include periodic device subsidies. But T-Mobile is really pushing its Value plans, which are cheaper, do not include periodic device subsidies, but allow subs to pay off their devices at $20 per month. That is the rationale behind the $499 Nexus 4 price at T-Mobile. Some people cannot afford $299 upfront at the Google Play store. Those people probably should probably save their money for more pressing needs, but T-Mobile will sell them the dream for only $19 down plus an extra $20 per month for two years.

I give T-Mobile some credit for this, as wireless carriers need to stop being subsidized electronics retailers. If device subsidies were to go away, competition and affordability would force the so called $600 prices of these devices to drop. But distant third place T-Mobile acting alone is not going to enact such a sea change in the industry. So, Value plan subs just pay off the inflated prices of their devices over time.

AJ

• Like 2

I ordered the phone from Google. Should be here Thursday. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I was only speaking about activating the SIM card.

Nothing like going to a Sprint store at all. Sprint stores are boring vanilla and very corporate feeling. I assumed all wireless carriers were that way. The Tmo store set up doesn't really appeal to me, but I can see why it would to so many. It definitely is more "cool."

Next up, Robert starts posting how HSPA± is just as fast if not faster than LTE. Not to mention how great HSPA+ is on battery life. Posts about how LTE is overrated and not necessary.

;)

Sent from a phone using an app. That is fancy!

Next up, Robert starts posting how HSPA± is just as fast if not faster than LTE. Not to mention how great HSPA+ is on battery life. Posts about how LTE is overrated and not necessary.

;)

That's hard for me to imagine with how spotty Tmo FauxG is in my area. Tmo is not colocated on my site next to my house. Nearest Tmo site is 6 miles away and EDGE only. The closest HSPA+ site is 12 miles away and there are hills between us. I pretty much will only have Tmo "4G" if I am in town in Española or in Santa Fe/ABQ.

That's hard for me to imagine with how spotty Tmo FauxG is in my area. Tmo is not colocated on my site next to my house. Nearest Tmo site is 6 miles away and EDGE only. The closest HSPA+ site is 12 miles away and there are hills between us. I pretty much will only have Tmo "4G" if I am in town in Española or in Santa Fe/ABQ.

I was more mocking every LTE story on other tech sites where all the Tmo people flood the comments with stuff about LTE being overrated.

I came from T-Mobile. They had excellent coverage in Albuquerque and I averaged about 8Mbps down. The thing I couldn't stand is that they seem to only have 3g in cities. If I ever traveled to santa fe the edge network was unusable due to the how slow the latency was and the fact that I was traveling 75 on the highway. If t-mobile would have pushed for converting all of their towers to 3g intially, I think they would be a lot better off and probably wouldn't have lost me as a customer.

I came from T-Mobile. They had excellent coverage in Albuquerque and I averaged about 8Mbps down. The thing I couldn't stand is that they seem to only have 3g in cities. If I ever traveled to santa fe the edge network was unusable due to the how slow the latency was and the fact that I was traveling 75 on the highway. If t-mobile would have pushed for converting all of their towers to 3g intially, I think they would be a lot better off and probably wouldn't have lost me as a customer.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I spend a lot of time in rural areas. Sprint works great in the I-25 corridor between ABQ and Santa Fe. They recently did an upgrade at the Budaghers site and I am now getting over 2Mbps speeds on it. Also, they upgraded the site at the Relief Road and I-25 and I now get 2Mbps+ speeds there too. The Algodones site runs around 1Mbps, as does the Waldo Canyon Blue Missile site. However, Sprint is pretty lame inside Santa Fe, except the golf course net tower and the Downtown East Plaza site (which runs 1.5-2.5Mbps).

Robert

Ok, so who is backordered?

I guess I am. I still haven't received a tracking notification, which Google says will happen when it ships. However, they also say they will not charge my card until it ships, and they charged my card immediately at time of purchase. I don't know what to think. But I can tell you nothing arrived today like I was hoping.

Robert

I guess I am. I still haven't received a tracking notification, which Google says will happen when it ships. However, they also say they will not charge my card until it ships, and they charged my card immediately at time of purchase. I don't know what to think. But I can tell you nothing arrived today like I was hoping.

Robert

The charge is only pending, not officially "charged". Once you go to "charged" you are shipped.

The charge is only pending, not officially "charged". Once you go to "charged" you are shipped.

My Credit Union credit card online account shows Pending and Completed for transactions. And the pendings are totaled into a Card Authorization total. For my Google Nexus 4 purchase it says, "Completed." And the amount of authorizations is just $20 from another purchase. I assume that it is no longer an authorization and now charged.

Robert

My Credit Union credit card online account shows Pending and Completed for transactions. And the pendings are totaled into a Card Authorization total. For my Google Nexus 4 purchase it says, "Completed." And the amount of authorizations is just $20 from another purchase. I assume that it is no longer an authorization and now charged.

Robert

lucky duck - sounds like you are good to go.

Both of mine are still pending :(

lucky duck - sounds like you are good to go.

Both of mine are still pending :(

I won't feel good until either I get a shipping email or a package arrives at my door. Although my new Samsung Victory is supposed to arrive today, so not all is lost. :tu:

Robert

Although my new Samsung Victory is supposed to arrive today, so not all is lost. :tu:

Is the "Victory" really deserving of that moniker? Could we rename it the "Good Effort" or maybe the "Near Upset Victory"?

:P

AJ

• Like 4

I won't feel good until either I get a shipping email or a package arrives at my door. Although my new Samsung Victory is supposed to arrive today, so not all is lost. :tu:

Robert

On the plus side, it seems like it ships out of the same facility that Sprint uses (out of kentucky). Seems like it should be a similar experience to the gnex preorder. I suspect you will have it tomorrow if you've been charged.

• Like 1

On the plus side, it seems like it ships out of the same facility that Sprint uses (out of kentucky). Seems like it should be a similar experience to the gnex preorder. I suspect you will have it tomorrow if you've been charged.

I'm hoping so. I haven't received the dreaded "delayed" email from Google, yet. And I have been charged. :fingers:

Robert

I came home from work hoping my Nexus 4 would be on my doorstep. And there was indeed a package. But it was just my new Samsung Victory. So I'm playing with that tonight. Daydreaming of my new Nexus 4.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

I am not surprised. Most store employees do not eat, drink, and breathe wireless the way that many of our members do. For most store employees, it is just a job, and one that they may not particularly like. But it is a means to a paycheck.

AJ

They really should try harder. I've convinced my boss that reading these forums on my spare time during work is a Good Thing. That I'm learning, that I'm better prepared to deal with customer's questions, and I can relate what's going on around the country.

To be fair, this is all pretty much true, and it's a lot better than scrolling through Facebook.

Sprint uses a company called Brightpoint. However, there is also a huge UPS warehouse in Kentucky. Could be similar, if not the same one.

It is on its way!!! Not yet on UPS Tracking Site. Hopefully it will show up on Monday.

Thank you.

Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS #… Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Order number: …

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 10:28:23 AM PST

Payment method: MASTERCARD xxx-7310

Purchased from:

Google, Inc.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View

CA

United States

Ship to:

Robert D Herron

Espanola

NM

United States

Shipping Status Quantity Item Price

Shipped

UPS #...

1 Nexus 4 (8GB) 299.00

Shipping: 13.99

Tax: 1.04

Total: 314.03

The terms and conditions which apply to your purchase can be found at https://play.google.com/intl/en_us/about/device-terms.html

• Like 2