Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

42 minutes ago, jroepcke51 said:

Well I think VoLTE was just launched in ABQ. I was on band 26 and got a call. I took it and then placed my phone on speaker. I looked and it said LTE still. I will try again and get pictures. 

Oh? I thought they forgot about us again, I guess not. Awesome!

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RSC405 said:

late to the party, But looks like they activated VoLTE here Alamogordo. To bad the data speeds have taken a dive.

One thing I’ve noticed since they turned on volte is upped backhaul. Downtown is where I work and the lone b41 tower was always swampped. However, midday now I pull greater than 100mbs. Sometimes 130. I would say they fixed some issues that I had. I also live in far NE Heights ans they have updated a tower to b41. I can’t find it but at my house I have Rsrp greater than 110 and still get 50 to 80 Mbs. I’m hoping the next 6 months this spreads more. 

• Like 1

One thing I’ve noticed since they turned on volte is upped backhaul. Downtown is where I work and the lone b41 tower was always swampped. However, midday now I pull greater than 100mbs. Sometimes 130. I would say they fixed some issues that I had. I also live in far NE Heights ans they have updated a tower to b41. I can’t find it but at my house I have Rsrp greater than 110 and still get 50 to 80 Mbs. I’m hoping the next 6 months this spreads more. 

Is Albuquerque 100% complete? El Paso is now 100% done.. even mini macros have been upgraded to 8T8R equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, tyroned3222 said:

Is Albuquerque 100% complete? El Paso is now 100% done.. even mini macros have been upgraded to 8T8R equipment.

I say no, they still have a few towers that are still needing some work, but I'm wondering if this merger is making them wait a bit now before they continue since the towers are near T Mobile towers.

• Like 2

I say no, they still have a few towers that are still needing some work, but I'm wondering if this merger is making them wait a bit now before they continue since the towers are near T Mobile towers.

Ya, I’m sure a lot is on hold at the moment. Lucky, El Paso is all done

On 7/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, tyroned3222 said:

I would say all towers have received NV update. However, I would say less than 25% of towers have B41. I have found only 4 8t8r. The rest are all mini macros. I can now confirm downtown has been updated to 8t8r as I could only aggregate one additional B41 carrier. It now has 3 and basically all times of day I am greater than 100mbs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

I believe this is the case. Most towers they are the same space. I can only count 5 or 6 in NE Heights where they are not. I am sure there are more though.

Most of the ones I can think of are monopole.

I would say all towers have received NV update. However, I would say less than 25% of towers have B41. I have found only 4 8t8r. The rest are all mini macros. I can now confirm downtown has been updated to 8t8r as I could only aggregate one additional B41 carrier. It now has 3 and basically all times of day I am greater than 100mbs.

Wow, wait ! Only 25% of sites have been upgraded to band 41

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

Thats my best guess. It is pretty pathetic.

Only B26 and two B25 carriers are keeping it going. Speeds are good b/c I think plenty of people have left which makes everything better.

As I noted earlier, I picked up my first B41 signal north of Paseo on Wyoming this past week. I was sitting outside of starbucks with RSRP of 125 and pulled 50mbs. There are two monopole locations along Paseo and those do not have updated tri-panels. I can't seem to find where I picked up that signal.

5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

I would agree with this, a considerable amount of time I spend is off of b41.

One thing to add to the thread, I have had a fantastic time with VoLTE in Albuquerque. There’s a site in the east canyon on my way home that offers nearly 0 data on LTE. However, VoLTE is flawless through LTE drop zones, at least where I travel and spend time on the phone. 

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

No 10x10 B25 either?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

No 10x10. There are 2 5x5 carriers.

Sprints Albuquerque spectrum holdings are very limited.

They have PCS Block B 30mhz, D 10mhz, and G 10 mhz. In addition, they have about 90 mhz of B41 (I finally found third carrier downtown) and 14 mhz of 800.

They have two 1900 1x carriers, two 1900 CDMA Rev A. carriers. I don't think this is necessary as band 26 is pretty wide spread through the city. If they could trim those down and add a b25 carrier, that would be fantastic.

No 10x10. There are 2 5x5 carriers.
Sprints Albuquerque spectrum holdings are very limited.
They have PCS Block B 30mhz, D 10mhz, and G 10 mhz. In addition, they have about 90 mhz of B41 (I finally found third carrier downtown) and 14 mhz of 800.
They have two 1900 1x carriers, two 1900 CDMA Rev A. carriers. I don't think this is necessary as band 26 is pretty wide spread through the city. If they could trim those down and add a b25 carrier, that would be fantastic.
That's enough to allow for 10x10 or even 15x15. Could use D block for CDMA then B on LTE

22 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

That's enough to allow for 10x10 or even 15x15. Could use D block for CDMA then B on LTE

You are correct sir. I think they could even fit the 1x carriers in the gaurd bands. Just get rid of 3G already.

• 3 weeks later...

I upgraded to the Iphone XS max a month back and I have noticed much increased speeds when I have been on Band 41.

Going through the updated field test (which is much different on XS Max than X), I was able to find all of the below.

EARFCN's:

39874- B41

40072- B41

40270- B41

41374- B41

On the iphone, it is too difficult to see if I can aggregate all 4 together but speeds in several locations in town, my iphone can reach 130 to 150 consistently.  Downtown even during middle of day which has never happen. I wanted to know if any one else has seen 41374 lately?

I upgraded to the Iphone XS max a month back and I have noticed much increased speeds when I have been on Band 41.

Going through the updated field test (which is much different on XS Max than X), I was able to find all of the below.

EARFCN's:

39874- B41

40072- B41

40270- B41

41374- B41

On the iphone, it is too difficult to see if I can aggregate all 4 together but speeds in several locations in town, my iphone can reach 130 to 150 consistently.  Downtown even during middle of day which has never happen. I wanted to know if any one else has seen 41374 lately?

Could be a mix of macro sites and Small cells. Small cells have different B41 carriers than macro sites

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Could be a mix of macro sites and Small cells. Small cells have different B41 carriers than macro sites

Good point. Next time I see it I will make a note to see the Site ID.