Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

On 12/29/2018 at 4:29 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint going back to band 41 sites and installing new panels.. this is the most active sprint has ever been lol this panel I haven’t seen before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you certain that's new? That looks like a PCS only antenna. Unless there is a SMR capable antenna there as well, I don't see why that would have been installed, if it is in fact a Sprint antenna. 

Are you certain that's new? That looks like a PCS only antenna. Unless there is a SMR capable antenna there as well, I don't see why that would have been installed, if it is in fact a Sprint antenna. 

Yes brand new .. this was a Nokia site prior

9 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Yes brand new .. this was a Nokia site prior

Not sure what you mean by that. Nokia is still there. Ericsson was the original and continued provider of B25 and B26 equipment for your area, and now provides B41 equipment as well. Where is the NV (B25/26) antenna?

Not sure what you mean by that. Nokia is still there. Ericsson was the original and continued provider of B25 and B26 equipment for your area, and now provides B41 equipment as well. Where is the NV (B25/26) antenna?

Ya that why I asked .. sprint removed that antenna and placed this ticket phat one

Where is this site? Are there any other antennas visible?

The site is at the Marriott hotel on Montana and airway .. the only 2 panels that are visible on each side are the 2 in this picture.. the rack on the top is T-mobiles

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

7af42e27c00444a02242467a476b9b24.jpged074238b8b47daa7437ef7d297a7344.jpg
Sprint co location taking place in El Paso.. I’ll get better pics, but I hope it’s not a band 25 only set and received band 41/26 later.. hope they add it all to the site

What kind of antennas are those?

On 1/24/2019 at 2:20 AM, Dkoellerwx said:

No it appears they're using 16 port antennas, so tri-band. M-MIMO antennas will be separate and much smaller. 

Octoport 8 port 4T4R 800 (2x RRUS11) + 4T4R 1.9 (RRUS32)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

No 2.5 ?

Doesn't appear so but they do have two hybrid cables snaking up the tower. Second hybrid cable is usually used for 2.5 so keep an eye out in the near future for an 8T8R RRUS82 setup or AR6468. 

El Paso and Las Cruces are night and day from when I was there a little over a year ago, especially Las Cruces.

Yup, and as far as I know that’s still with out band 26 and sprint went ahead and launched volte here as well

On 1/27/2019 at 7:38 AM, tyroned3222 said:

Yup, and as far as I know that’s still with out band 26 and sprint went ahead and launched volte here as well

I believe my phone actually picked up B26 in Las Cruces, at least signal check displayed that. I’ll be back there in February, I’ll verify if it was a true hit on B26. B41 runs at 40+ Mbps and B25 at 20+ Mbps, hardly any slow spots in Las Cruces.  I imagine El Paso still has some bad areas, but at least around Bowie Bakery I had useable service whereas before it would just timeout.

• Like 1

Doesn't appear so but they do have two hybrid cables snaking up the tower. Second hybrid cable is usually used for 2.5 so keep an eye out in the near future for an 8T8R RRUS82 setup or AR6468. 

30fc4ba44c2cceef9306b021ac469298.jpg028dfa781078320efd33889e6b6e7b91.jpg
The co location appears to be done .. cables are connected crews left

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:
Yeah doesn't look like there is any B41 at this point. Where is this site exactly? Any live signals yet?

4652 Barney St, El Paso, TX 79905. The site is close to the university medical hospital where sprint has the DAS inside.. no signals live yet, but will help fill in coverage much needed. I guess sprint will return at a later time to add band 41

On 2/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint is now done ripping out the equipment that was there prior and adding this new thicker panel on all 3 sectors

It appears to be another 8 port B25/26 antenna. What was there previously?