Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Oh, you know, I got a voicemail message for this thread...

El Paso called. It thinks that this thread should be titled "El Paso market (including Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell).

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Oh' date=' you know, I got a voicemail message for this thread...

El Paso called. It thinks that this thread should be titled "El Paso market (including Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell).

;)

AJ[/quote']

I'm surprised the site didn't crash with Roberts excitement!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I just stopped at the Los Lunas site. There are no new cabinets or RRU's or panels present. But it looks like a new MW radome was installed with conduits running to the Sprint cabinets.

Oddly, this site has four sectors. I've never seen that before. It looks like it was a two sector highway site originally and they added sectors facing the two opposite directions from the highway when demand required it. Los Lunas was a rapid growth area in New Mexico until the recession.

I will go to the Los Alamos/White Rock site tomorrow to see what I can see.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just stopped at the Los Lunas site. There are no new cabinets or RRU's or panels present. But it looks like a new MW radome was installed with conduits running to the Sprint cabinets.

Oddly, this site has four sectors. I've never seen that before. It looks like it was a two sector highway site originally and they added sectors facing the two opposite directions from the highway when demand required it. Los Lunas was a rapid growth area in New Mexico until the recession.

I will go to the Los Alamos/White Rock site tomorrow to see what I can see.

I will keep my eyes open at abq sites.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

This couldn't be coincidence. I think they are thanking you for converting angry people (no wimax) like me into Sprint evangelists. They have most definitely seen a reduction in hate mail/hate calls due to this site.

I agree with this as well. No coincidence at all. I'm sure it was easy to find his name with billing.

I've always said Sprint should embrace this site. Robert has done a great job at filtering the data down to the masses and not releasing anything that would hurt the company. The manner it was done in created excitement with everyone and helped make the "wait" much easier. I'm sure this site has saved many people from switching to another carrier. I know as a public company Sprint has to take the stance of not endorsing this site, but I'm a firm believer in this is one of the ways of quietly embracing the site.

Now how do I get them to embrace the sites by my house? ;)

• Like 4

This doesn't really pertain to network vision but I hope someone can answer this for me. I work for a small city outside of Cleveland and on our property is a tower that features Verizon, at&t, T-Mobile, revol wireless and supposedly sprint according to a guy that was looking at the tower. He was from T-Mobile btw. He said sprint is on this tower. I said your crazy. I've got one bar of service. He even took me over to show me the door into the little building. What could it be? Nextel?

Robert' date='

Isn't your tower a decent lattice self support tower?? Wonder why no rrus on the tower?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner[/quote']

It could be that there are high winds in the area and the people who issue permits don't feel that the support braces are strong enough to keep the RRU's attached to the tower

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

It could be that there are high winds in the area and the people who issue permits don't feel that the support braces are strong enough to keep the RRU's attached to the tower

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

that's all of New Mexico!

• Like 1

I had to laugh at the rru mount they did near my house. I never would have thought they would have done that.

I saw another tower where they simply had panels strapped to the legs of the water tower. Can't wait to see the rru install for this one.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

• Like 2

Robert. So you said no 800, meaning no 800 lte or 800 voice, or both?

Not on my site. Sites with Ground Based RRU's don't get 800MHz deployment based on info I've seen in the past. And the guy at the site today confirmed that. I do have a list of which sites get Ground Based RRU's for about 2/3 of markets. I will be posting that info in the Premier Sponsor thread soon.

• Like 2

Robert,

Isn't your tower a decent lattice self support tower?? Wonder why no rrus on the tower?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

It's really tall. About 300'. And the gauge of materials feels kind of wimpy for such a boomer. Also, winds can be ferocious in the area. I live between two tall parallel mountain ranges. The Sangre de Cristos to the East get above 13,000 feet, and the Jemez Mountains to the West are over 11,000'. Winds from the North get funneled in between the ranges. Especially in late Winter and through the Spring.

Additionally, my cell is very small for a rural site. The seam to the next cell to the north is 3/4 of a mile and the seam to the south is about 2 miles. My sector only covers about 30 homes and 2 miles of rural highway. And all my neighbors use Verizon. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on my sector. That's another reason why I'm shocked to see my site up first. I figured it would be last. It has to be one of the least used sites in New Mexico.

Anyways, even at the seam edge of my site, signal is still -82dBm or better for 1x and EVDO. We don't need 800MHz on this site at all. Don't need it for capacity, penetration or distance. I'm sure I will never see a TD-LTE hotspot at this site either. As wonderful as 90Mbps speeds would be.

Also, I would prefer LTE where I go, not at my house. I have WiFi at my house. But it will aid in LTE device testing. That's for sure. But I am not going to look a gift horse (gift Hesse) in the mouth!

It actually may make sense to kick off deployment at a site in a new market in one of the least used sites. That way, as workers are in the learning curve and more prone to make mistakes, they will affect the least amount of customers. I look forward to all the pains everyone has encountered with NV deployment so far.

I'm still shocked. But smiling from ear to ear. I would have expected 12/27/2013 before 12/27/2012.

Robert

Edited by S4GRU
Changed the cardinal directions to adjacent mountains...DOH!
  • Like 6

It's really tall. About 300'. And the gauge of materials feels kind of wimpy for such a boomer. Also, winds can be ferocious in the area. I live between two tall parallel mountain ranges. The Sangre de Cristos to the West get above 13,000 feet, and the Jemez Mountains to the East are over 11,000'. Winds from the North get funneled in between the ranges. Especially in late Winter and through the Spring.

Additionally, my cell is very small for a rural site. The seam to the next cell to the north is 3/4 of a mile and the seam to the south is about 2 miles. My sector only covers about 30 homes and 2 miles of rural highway. And all my neighbors use Verizon. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on my sector. That's another reason why I'm shocked to see my site up first. I figured it would be last. It has to be one of the least used sites in New Mexico.

Anyways, even at the seam edge of my site, signal is still -82dBm or better for 1x and EVDO. We don't need 800MHz on this site at all. Don't need it for capacity, penetration or distance. I'm sure I will never see a TD-LTE hotspot at this site either. As wonderful as 90Mbps speeds would be.

Also, I would prefer LTE where I go, not at my house. I have WiFi at my house. But it will aid in LTE device testing. That's for sure. But I am not going to look a gift horse (gift Hesse) in the mouth!

It actually may make sense to kick off deployment at a site in a new market in one of the least used sites. That way, as workers are in the learning curve and more prone to make mistakes, they will affect the least amount of customers. I look forward to all the pains everyone has encountered with NV deployment so far.

I'm still shocked. But smiling from ear to ear. I would have expected 12/27/2013 before 12/27/2012.

Robert

It is seeming like in alot of the new markets, they are starting in rural areas to get there feet wet I guess. I bet you where like i was back on March 28th...now 9 months ago....when I found one of the few NV sites in construction. So hope it goes live soon!

It's really tall. About 300'. And the gauge of materials feels kind of wimpy for such a boomer. Also, winds can be ferocious in the area. I live between two tall parallel mountain ranges. The Sangre de Cristos to the West get above 13,000 feet, and the Jemez Mountains to the East are over 11,000'. Winds from the North get funneled in between the ranges. Especially in late Winter and through the Spring.

Robert

I think you have your mountains mixed up, sangres should be east and jemez west ;) just to keep informed the rest of the forum who care about the exact location ;)

• Like 1

I think you have your mountains mixed up, sangres should be east and jemez west ;) just to keep inform the rest of the forum who care about the exact location ;)

You are right. I can't believe I did that. I am Captain Geography! Man, oh man, that really hurts!!! I'm facing South now. Maybe that's why I screwed it up? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Robert

• Like 1

You are right. I can't believe I did that. I am Captain Geography! Man, oh man, that really hurts!!! I'm facing South now. Maybe that's why I screwed it up? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Robert

I wouldn't know directions without my precious mountains. They always guide my way, can't imagine getting around without them ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't know directions without my precious mountains. They always guide my way, can't imagine getting around without them ;)

Moving from Colorado to Kansas really messed my directions up. I couldn't understand how people got their directions right. And then I realized, most of them don't ;)

• Like 1

So I am new to this whole thing. Does this mean we're gonna get 4G sometime soon in the Las Cruces, NM area?
it's hard to say exactly when. But, once with starts in a market its safe to say that it should spread. Being that las cruces is one of the bigger cities in nm I would guess that work should start within a reasonable time period.

This doesn't really pertain to network vision but I hope someone can answer this for me. I work for a small city outside of Cleveland and on our property is a tower that features Verizon, at&t, T-Mobile, revol wireless and supposedly sprint according to a guy that was looking at the tower. He was from T-Mobile btw. He said sprint is on this tower. I said your crazy. I've got one bar of service. He even took me over to show me the door into the little building. What could it be? Nextel?

You are probably better off starting your own thread about this or post in your market area. Pics would really help too.