Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I can only imagine how great it'll be for folks in these areas to one day wake up and see that they're holding onto LTE far better than before or that where they once had 3G only, they now have LTE service.
I gotta say this about Sprint and what they did here and by all means it isnt the best by any means, but without having band 26 this whole time .. sprint really precisely picked out the tower placements of sites that were added back in 2013/2014.. in some areas where more coverage was needed Sprint placed the towers really high in some others where they added band 25 they placed the tower lower as coverage fill and placed small cells to help coverage.. Sprint did stretch pcs band 25 as far as it go to maintain LTE lol.. but not too many drops to LTE that I have seen on Sprint , but b25 speeds did suffer because of it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take any pictures of the sites in Las Cruces, but from what I gathered they replaced their old equipment with 16t16r equipment.  It was a great experience overall, even on B25.  B26 will be a great addition there.

15 hours ago, rackhivee said:

I didn't take any pictures of the sites in Las Cruces, but from what I gathered they replaced their old equipment with 16t16r equipment.  It was a great experience overall, even on B25.  B26 will be a great addition there.

By 16T16R you're referring to the 16 port antennas that have 4x4 B26, 4x4 B25 and 8x8 B41?

1 hour ago, peakbagger said:

Anyone know if they ever installed backhaul to the site at Coors & Montano?

Thanks

When I checked about two months ago it looked like they have the backhaul.

On 9/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, SeanK_ said:

When I checked about two months ago it looked like they have the backhaul.

Since yesterday some work is being done near Coors between Paseo and Montano and the company that is installing is known for installing fiber and building towers so I think they are running fiber to the site. The site already has new cabinets and stuff. I hope it's for the tower and can give it some love.

Since yesterday some work is being done near Coors between Paseo and Montano and the company that is installing is known for installing fiber and building towers so I think they are running fiber to the site. The site already has new cabinets and stuff. I hope it's for the tower and can give it some love.
It definitely needs some love. I try to avoid that area as much as I can because I can barely do anything on my phone. It's hard to hang at the new La Cumbre right there lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, seventy_x_7 said:

It definitely needs some love. I try to avoid that area as much as I can because I can barely do anything on my phone. It's hard to hang at the new La Cumbre right there lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Tell me about it. I live right by it.

8 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Spotted another band 41/26 upgrade a bit out side of El Paso county lines along I-10.. lot of work going on here fc5a6c88de940dc4b386f21d76971002.jpg

Man we’re going to need a service experience review from you. Sprint has done so much in your market in such a very short span of time. 

• Like 1

Man we’re going to need a service experience review from you. Sprint has done so much in your market in such a very short span of time. 

Yes coming soon on the 21st of September.. Sprint has managed to upgrade a high percentage of their current tower grid here in 5 months.. More sites are being upgraded that I still haven't checked on yet.. and the mall sites looks to be getting massive Mimo as that site serves an indoor and outdoor mall that are across the street from each other.. will upload pics as soon as I can get to that side of town (Ericsson market btw ) ..band 26 is up on all those sites which should be turned on any month now.. for Sprint to have a shot at volte with just 60 macro towers a tough task ? I'll have to check and see where drops to 3G happen and evaluate based on that, but more sites are needed Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk 

On 9/16/2018 at 7:55 PM, tyroned3222 said:

Yes coming soon on the 21st of September.. Sprint has managed to upgrade a high percentage of their current tower grid here in 5 months.. More sites are being upgraded that I still haven't checked on yet.. and the mall sites looks to be getting massive Mimo as that site serves an indoor and outdoor mall that are across the street from each other.. will upload pics as soon as I can get to that side of town (Ericsson market btw ) ..band 26 is up on all those sites which should be turned on any month now.. for Sprint to have a shot at volte with just 60 macro towers a tough task ? I'll have to check and see where drops to 3G happen and evaluate based on that, but more sites are needed Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk 

If they update/upgrade all sites with B26, VOLTE should be fine. Of course they might still need more sites for garden variety data.

• Like 2

If they update/upgrade all sites with B26, VOLTE should be fine. Of course they might still need more sites for garden variety data.
For starters.. from knowing areas well Sprint need at least 12 co locations to begin with.. lucky TMO and Verizon already have ton of sites for Sprint to do so

For starters.. from knowing areas well Sprint need at least 12 co locations to begin with.. lucky TMO and Verizon already have ton of sites for Sprint to do so

Once Sprint does keep VOLTE up and running and all phones are using it, I hope this means they can use other carriers Volte and other carriers can use Sprint volte.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

501d9860c44d440b040f52c2219bd39c.jpg
So I was getting this in Hobbs this weekend.
Sprint where is the love for Alamogordo??

This is what I have been getting here most of the day. While downloading does get higher. Upload has always been sub par

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Well well well! We getting some love! Spotted at Montano finally!
4lySTWN.thumb.jpg.0cb4f80c922516444952de6a48683223.jpg

How is sprint doing in Albuquerque? I’ve been checking out some 3rd party testing and it looks like sprint has dropped speed again in Albuquerque by a significant margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk