Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Not if the macro is still using that spectrum for CDMA. It would interfere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ya, these are band 25 only 5x5 .. all macros are running 2xca band 25, but most of these a and the monopoles on the military base are doing 5x5 band 25 only

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not if the macro is still using that spectrum for CDMA. It would interfere.

That stinks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That stinks.

They can use the second carrier that is on the macros. Eventually Sprint will refarm more PCS for LTE. In a lot of markets they're down to only 5x5 of CDMA, so no advantage to shut down more until they're ready to cram CDMA into the LTE internal guard bands (or add a 3x3 B25 carrier).

They should be able to fit a single CDMA carrier between each 2 contiguous B25 carriers. They're already doing this with the Airave 1x carrier (T-Mobile does it as well with GSM). I suspect we'll see that at the evdo shutdown, and it will probably remain on existing sites until the equipment is replaced.

49 minutes ago, ingenium said:

They should be able to fit a single CDMA carrier between each 2 contiguous B25 carriers. They're already doing this with the Airave 1x carrier (T-Mobile does it as well with GSM). I suspect we'll see that at the evdo shutdown, and it will probably remain on existing sites until the equipment is replaced.

Sprint should not and will not split contiguous spectrum into multiple carriers. Performance is much worse—dozens of studies have been done regarding this. 

Sprint should not and will not split contiguous spectrum into multiple carriers. Performance is much worse—dozens of studies have been done regarding this. 
Oh I know they shouldn't. But they currently are (Pittsburgh is 5x5 + 10x10 contig instead of a 15x15). Or in a situation where Sprint has more than 20x20 contig (if that exists), since that's the maximum LTE carrier width.

15 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Oh I know they shouldn't. But they currently are (Pittsburgh is 5x5 + 10x10 contig instead of a 15x15). Or in a situation where Sprint has more than 20x20 contig (if that exists), since that's the maximum LTE carrier width.

That’s because equipment isn’t yet certified for 15x15 operations. As soon a second it is, I’m sure Sprint will switch over to 15x15. 

I agree that what you’re saying would make sense in cases where Sprint has greater than 20 MHz FDD of contiguous spectrum. But I think those will be few and far between. 

That’s because equipment isn’t yet certified for 15x15 operations. As soon a second it is, I’m sure Sprint will switch over to 15x15. 
I agree that what you’re saying would make sense in cases where Sprint has greater than 20 MHz FDD of contiguous spectrum. But I think those will be few and far between. 
Samsung equipment was recertified for 15x15 in January apparently. I'm pretty sure it's live in some Samsung markets. Pittsburgh got the second 5x5 carrier a couple months ago, so after the recertification.

2 hours ago, ingenium said:

Samsung equipment was recertified for 15x15 in January apparently. I'm pretty sure it's live in some Samsung markets. Pittsburgh got the second 5x5 carrier a couple months ago, so after the recertification.

15x15 contiguous is not th same as 10x10+5x5.

There is apparently a holdup with the Samsung equipment as well. They are  running into errors in testing which they still have not resolved. 

What post are you replying to?
I just saw this now. It was multiple. I thought I qouted them all but, it didn't work. [emoji54]

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Drastic change in Albuquerque.. Sprint more then doubled speeds in the 2nd half of 2018.. with more work on the way.. wow

This is due to band 41 available about 30 to 40% of the places I go now. I consistently get 100mb at Whole Foods.  Its crazy.

In some places, I think I have found higher QAM.  I have an iphone so I can't completely confirm. Just does not make sense on the speeds that i have seen. This has been seen in my MB as well. I am consistently getting 30 to 40mb from my MB now when I first got it I was getting 5 to 10.  This is now faster than my centurylink 40 package (highest I can get for my neighborhood, comcast just got 100).

Finally, all of the GMO's have been completed and are doing band 25, so my assumption the rating increased as loss of LTE has significantly gone done in my experiences.

The biggest change is my wife does not complain about service. She face times a lot and it is a constant connection now as well as her web-browing use is consistent every time. I would have probably rated Sprint higher than the figures show but those are my real world experience.

2 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Drastic change in Albuquerque.. Sprint more then doubled speeds in the 2nd half of 2018.. with more work on the way.. wow

One wierd thing I saw was that Sprint took a hit in Call Performance. Interesting. I have not noticed this. Perhaps I missed a Calling Plus or VoLTE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jroepcke51 said:

One wierd thing I saw was that Sprint took a hit in Call Performance. Interesting. I have not noticed this. Perhaps I missed a Calling Plus or VoLTE.

It's due to refarming of CDMA carriers. Hopefully VoLTE will be solid(from my early testing it seems to be) once it's launched.

17 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

It's due to refarming of CDMA carriers. Hopefully VoLTE will be solid(from my early testing it seems to be) once it's launched.

I would normally agree with you but that happened over a year ago with the second band 25 carrier. 

Ill do do some tests today to see what is on 1x and 3g. 

I would normally agree with you but that happened over a year ago with the second band 25 carrier. 

Yes and root uses Samsung phones so they could of likley used the calling plus feature

4 hours ago, jroepcke51 said:

Refarming is still ongoing, some markets are seeing 10x10+5+5 and 15x15.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:
Another band 26/41 upgrade in progress 2 for the day

Are these sites that only had B25 before?

Yes all sites were only band 25 before

Nice that should improve coverage B26 and capacity B41

25 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Nice that should improve coverage B26 and capacity B41

They are preparing for B26. It can't be brought online yet, but they are working very quickly to have it on every site once the spectrum is cleared.