Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

13 minutes ago, TheCUJuan said:

That’s really interesting, you’d think the evening is when it’d get busier. 

That's what I thought too, but the lunch hour here is so hard on all of the networks since its a busy area for office/industrial lunch breaks. 

3 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

That’s really interesting. I live near Louisiana and Vivian/San Antonio and when I had Sprint back in Feb, I rarely got speeds higher than maybe 3 Mbs.

Just as an update from a few minutes ago, San Antonio and Louisiana, 26 down, 6 up. 

San Antonio and Wyoming, 57 down, 5 up.

17 minutes ago, techcj_manzer said:

Just as an update from a few minutes ago, San Antonio and Louisiana, 26 down, 6 up. 

San Antonio and Wyoming, 57 down, 5 up.

Wow. Thanks for the help man! This is a HUGE improvement from back in the day. I think I’ll be jumping into the free year of service 

19 hours ago, techcj_manzer said:

Anyone else notice that Speedtest.net now prioritizes Sprint servers in PHO and LA? I've never been on a Sprint server while testing here in Albuquerque before!

I've noticed this too. My guess is that they want to test their equipment see the results on their end and not on a random server making it look like they are super slow.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

That’s really interesting. I live near Louisiana and Vivian/San Antonio and when I had Sprint back in Feb, I rarely got speeds higher than maybe 3 Mbs.

Since February band 25 CA has been rolled out so I can verify that is what I get and I live at Louisiana and Luella Anne.

Also the Magic Box at my house has really helped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jroepcke51 said:

Since February band 25 CA has been rolled out so I can verify that is what I get and I live at Louisiana and Luella Anne.

Also the Magic Box at my house has really helped.

That’s awesome, what’s the range of those magic boxes? Is it just the couple of houses near you, or is it more of a larger radius? 

That’s awesome, what’s the range of those magic boxes? Is it just the couple of houses near you, or is it more of a larger radius? 
I remember eating inside at Taco Bell one time and bring connected to a magic box from a store down the street.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I remember eating inside at Taco Bell one time and bring connected to a magic box from a store down the street.

Thats’ really interesting... i wonder if that box’s signal goes all the way to my house or not. Probably not.. i’m guessing  I’m about  1/4 of a mile from that intersection.

6 hours ago, TheCUJuan said:

Thats’ really interesting... i wonder if that box’s signal goes all the way to my house or not. Probably not.. i’m guessing  I’m about  1/4 of a mile from that intersection.

I haven’t tried. I’ll walk test it the next night as I walk the neighborhood looking at lights. Plus that guy on Luella and Louisiana is legit. 

In my experience, it might make it into your neighbor's yard, but likely not indoors (at least not very well). I guess it also depends on how close they are and how strong the macro is. A stronger macro, even congested B26, is preferred when the MB signal gets weak (
For houses, it's basically one per household for proper coverage, but you can easily cover a couple units in an apartment building. Sprint is giving them out pretty freely right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like Sprint is doing some B41 at Coors and Paseo. I keep flipping between B26, B41 MM^2.
Screenshot_20180107-132452.thumb.png.e66b404127073999220844c06b241225.png
Screenshot_20180107-133140.thumb.png.537bffec6c81859adf8b42e6c93a6a45.png
That's good! Hopefully they do a lot of upgrades while they're here. I just wish they would fix the tower on Coors and Montano. It's so terrible.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, seventy_x_7 said:

That's good! Hopefully they do a lot of upgrades while they're here. I just wish they would fix the tower on Coors and Montano. It's so terrible.

I'm hopping too! I'm like right in the middle between the two. With getting B41 my Magic Box should improve service even more.

18 hours ago, seventy_x_7 said:

Well when they came through in the late summer, they were able to get all of the far northeast heights GMO's to LTE. I assume that one is a GMO site as well.

3 hours ago, jroepcke51 said:

Well when they came through in the late summer, they were able to get all of the far northeast heights GMO's to LTE. I assume that one is a GMO site as well.

I was hoping that one of you could confirm that.  It never showed up on any of my lists.  That, and the one just west of Paseo/Coors at the church and Sandia Peak have never appeared on any list as being GMO'd.

Robert

30 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

I was hoping that one of you could confirm that.  It never showed up on any of my lists.  That, and the one just west of Paseo/Coors at the church and Sandia Peak have never appeared on any list as being GMO'd.

Robert

and I cannot confirm the Sandia Peak.

However, northeast is pretty usable. The GMO LTE isn't bad at all either as I trail run train county line to Tower 1 or Tower 2 and stay connected to the cell site at the ice skating rink.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m tracking a lot of activity in El Paso..... currently sprint is going the mini macro route on about 95% of site upgrades. I’ve been noticing some stuff that I wanted to mention. On one site sprint added full build to the site but choose to turn on mini Marco.... another area that I’m tracking sprint added a small cell on the same property that they have a tower on ( the small cell went on a boost mobile store ) could this mean a possible tower being decommissioned or they just added the small cell until they can upgrade the site 618c388810bd991bfb7cf5a1504a44c0.jpg

The red spot is the tower the red circle is the small cell....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:
I’m tracking a lot of activity in El Paso..... currently sprint is going the mini macro route on about 95% of site upgrades. I’ve been noticing some stuff that I wanted to mention. On one site sprint added full build to the site but choose to turn on mini Marco.... another area that I’m tracking sprint added a small cell on the same property that they have a tower on ( the small cell went on a boost mobile store ) could this mean a possible tower being decommissioned or they just added the small cell until they can upgrade the site

Or just densification.

• Like 1

I’m tracking a lot of activity in El Paso..... currently sprint is going the mini macro route on about 95% of site upgrades. I’ve been noticing some stuff that I wanted to mention. On one site sprint added full build to the site but choose to turn on mini Marco.... another area that I’m tracking sprint added a small cell on the same property that they have a tower on ( the small cell went on a boost mobile store ) could this mean a possible tower being decommissioned or they just added the small cell until they can upgrade the site 

I would assume them decommissioning that tower would take a blow to coverage in that area and a waste of money since they did a full build out on that tower as well. So I would guess it's Sprint just beefing up the network in that area. I would keep an eye on that location for sure. Its great that you're seeing a lot of activity going on in El Paso!

• Like 1

I would assume them decommissioning that tower would take a blow to coverage in that area and a waste of money since they did a full build out on that tower as well. So I would guess it's Sprint just beefing up the network in that area. I would keep an eye on that location for sure. Its great that you're seeing a lot of activity going on in El Paso!

It’s just odd that the small cell is literally right next to the tower . I would think it would cause interference

6 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

It’s just odd that the small cell is literally right next to the tower . I would think it would cause interference

Small cells will often use a different channel than the macro sites, so no interference. 

Could you expand on what you mean by "Sprint added full build to the site but choose [sic] to turn on mini Macro..."