Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

2 hours ago, jroepcke51 said:

Yes you are correct about the holdings. However, I don't have the specific date but the C block of 30mhz total was leased to AT&T.  I will have to check the spectrum dashboard if the lease expired and has since returned to sprint.

Edit. Obviously something has occurred as the picture posted is in the C block. Also Band 25 G block is deployed down there so it could be that a sliver of the C block has been returned and subsequently the G block has been expanded.

Was that part of the spectrum swaps that occurred earlier this year/last year? I don't remember all of the locations affected.

My guess would be the loss of the extra 1x carriers that are now used for the second B25 carrier. The remaining 1x carrier is likely overloaded, resulting in dropped calls or failed calls. 1x800 in some markets (Pittsburgh, SF) is so overloaded that calls are compressed to the point of being unintelligible at times. 1x1900 fairs better, but still shows signs of being overloaded at times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My guess would be the loss of the extra 1x carriers that are now used for the second B25 carrier. The remaining 1x carrier is likely overloaded, resulting in dropped calls or failed calls. 1x800 in some markets (Pittsburgh, SF) is so overloaded that calls are compressed to the point of being unintelligible at times. 1x1900 fairs better, but still shows signs of being overloaded at times.

I guess we will hit another rough patch in sprints network

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's been this way for a couple years for me, but getting worse. It can't really get worse than it is now unless Sprint adds more customers, since they've already thinned CDMA down to the minimum. The addition of calling plus and VoLTE will take load off of CDMA, so it should start to improve actually.

It's been this way for a couple years for me, but getting worse. It can't really get worse than it is now unless Sprint adds more customers, since they've already thinned CDMA down to the minimum. The addition of calling plus and VoLTE will take load off of CDMA, so it should start to improve actually.

Ya I think I will start using calling plus more .. I just hope it doesn't cause more people to leave

I can't wait until LTE is dense enough to shutdown CDMA. VZW has all their PCS Spectrum in alot of areas on LTE now. I wish Sprint could do that but, can't

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I can't wait until LTE is dense enough to shutdown CDMA. VZW has all their PCS Spectrum in alot of areas on LTE now. I wish Sprint could do that but, can't

Same here! Comparing sprints density to Verizons in El paso it's not even close. Verizon can shut off cdma anyday now .. sprint still lot of work to do

27 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

This is a new sprint site by utep covering the sun bowl and Don Haskins Center.. currently only live with band 25 2xca. Happy thanksgiving Everyone ! 

It's a cow.  moooooooooooooooooo! :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

I've been tracking permit under Sprint, crown castle and American tower ... Sprint is finally aggressive.. They should have el paso done with band 41 by summer

I like the optimism but I would slow the boat a little. I have seen sprint apply for more for Albuquerque which I believe B41 but I don't believe it will be enough to blanket the city with B41.

• Like 1

Hopefully 2018 will be a Hugh B41 year. They need it.

Ya they have 10 towers live now 14 more permits.. With another upgrade coming they just sent out the commercial tenant approval .. so another upgrade is in the works

Ya they have 10 towers live now 14 more permits.. With another upgrade coming they just sent out the commercial tenant approval .. so another upgrade is in the works

Hopefully small cells by Summer

• 2 weeks later...
More info?

Sent from my LG G6

I was at the basset mall yesterday and noticed that band 41 showed up with unusually low DBM signals. The other 2 sites that are marked are 3.4 miles apart which at the mall usually results in phone bouncing back and forth. Now the site on airway does have band 41, but when connected to it it's at much higher DBM signals...

So I ran a speed test in the areas and some really high speeds it said I was connected to a mini macro, but when forcing the phone on band25 it connected to a site much further away .... The area in the past has been a dead spot 63ea9962f765461c32ca9e6dc2572215.jpg8315ccaa2fb02db788223c5c09bf9330.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/10/2017 at 8:12 PM, tyroned3222 said:

I'm thinking sprint is brodcasting band41 from this panel addition.. this is Google maps I will get a better picture

Sprint is on that building, but I don't see any Sprint equipment right there.

There is not a new site going in west of the mall, there is already a macro site right there on that building.

There may be a new small cell eventually just north of the mall at the Sprint store.

Sprint is on that building, but I don't see any Sprint equipment right there.

There is not a new site going in west of the mall, there is already a macro site right there on that building.

There may be a new small cell eventually just north of the mall at the Sprint store.

I will track pci tonight ... In that area i have never had a low DBM signal until that day .. that area was 3G for the longest when sprint went LTE during network vision

4 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I will track pci tonight ... In that area i have never had a low DBM signal until that day .. that area was 3G for the longest when sprint went LTE during network vision

Further notes...  I think one of the sectors for the Sprint equipment is on the far left in the image you posted. If there is any B41 equipment, it would share the same space.