It appears Sprint is finally starting to hit their stride regarding NV deployment. Lots of threads popping up about LTE sightings in different cities. I think we will start to see those totals increasing rapidly for # of towers completed.

It appears Sprint is finally starting to hit their stride regarding NV deployment. Lots of threads popping up about LTE sightings in different cities. I think we will start to see those totals increasing rapidly for # of towers completed.

Dont count on it. Looks can be deceiving. I thought the same thing when LTE started popping up in San Antonio. But I have noticed that the SA deployment seems to have stagnated. Sprint appears to be trying to get other locations involved with LTE rather than finishing up what they have started here in SA. Im not saying they have done zero, but when you consider the number of towers that have been added since the SA market opened up, especially when you look at other markets. Well I would say that something is up.

Now they could be experiencing issues here that we dont know about, but it sure would be nice if they would give us better updates.

I know S4GRU is doing the best they can to give us info, but it really is Sprints responsibility to inform their customers and not a 3rd party.

Just my view of things at this time. Please dont take this as a rant, it really isnt. Im looking forward to Sprint finishing up NV. I think they have finally figured it out this time and will be successful with the new network.

On a positive note, where I am able to get LTE, it is amazing. :tu:

Patience is a virtue. Im working on this everyday :D

• Like 2

Dont count on it. Looks can be deceiving. I thought the same thing when LTE started popping up in San Antonio. But I have noticed that the SA deployment seems to have stagnated. Sprint appears to be trying to get other locations involved with LTE rather than finishing up what they have started here in SA. Im not saying they have done zero, but when you consider the number of towers that have been added since the SA market opened up, especially when you look at other markets. Well I would say that something is up.

Now they could be experiencing issues here that we dont know about, but it sure would be nice if they would give us better updates.

I know S4GRU is doing the best they can to give us info, but it really is Sprints responsibility to inform their customers and not a 3rd party.

Just my view of things at this time. Please dont take this as a rant, it really isnt. Im looking forward to Sprint finishing up NV. I think they have finally figured it out this time and will be successful with the new network.

On a positive note, where I am able to get LTE, it is amazing. :tu:

Patience is a virtue. Im working on this everyday :D

It's good to see that customers and user's of this forum are starting to gain patience. Just a few months ago, this place turned into a mad house....i felt bad for Robert. But they have cleaned it up, and it's enjoyable again. Believe me, we enjoy users like you.... :) btw, wasn't trying to point you out or anything. Just more of a Thank You

• Like 1

They are, but I haven't been finding it consistent. Here in Baltimore, one week we'll have 30 done and the next week only 10 or so.

You're lucky. Here in DFW they only completed 2 sites last week and they've only completed 18% of sites total. On a really good week they'll finish 8 sites. We were originally scheduled to be finished next month (hah) but now it looks like April 2014 (or worse).

I'd love to have 30 sites per week.

Atlanta has the second best deployment of all. Maybe tied with Boston. But Chicago of course is the best. Dallas has not seen the numbers they should have. San Antonio is probably the worst though of all.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Some have suggested that Ericsson has been having deployment difficulties. Is there anything to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only localized to Dallas and San Antonio? I guess it's possible. But I have not heard that myself. Houston sure seems to be moving along fine.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Well next time the DFW schedule map is updated I will take a look at the ILEC/CableCo overlays... If it is backhaul, maybe it is tied to specific providers. I'm not sure if AT&T wholesale picked up contracts around DFW or not, I know they did pickup some. The other ILEC is Verizon so it's possible that Verizon is dragging their feet, or maybe Time Warner cable since their no-compete deal with Verizon. Who knows?

If Sprint just shared more info it would be fine. Knowing the problem is X or crews were pulled to area Y for reason Z would be way better than a lack of information.

Well next time the DFW schedule map is updated I will take a look at the ILEC/CableCo overlays... If it is backhaul, maybe it is tied to specific providers. I'm not sure if AT&T wholesale picked up contracts around DFW or not, I know they did pickup some. The other ILEC is Verizon so it's possible that Verizon is dragging their feet, or maybe Time Warner cable since their no-compete deal with Verizon. Who knows?

If Sprint just shared more info it would be fine. Knowing the problem is X or crews were pulled to area Y for reason Z would be way better than a lack of information.

No-compete with Verizon? Wouldn't that violate anti-trust laws six ways to Sunday?

• Like 1

No-compete with Verizon? Wouldn't that violate anti-trust laws six ways to Sunday?

Yes, yes it would. In fact, it's something that the SpectrumCo deal was specifically NOT allowed to do.

For what it's worth, Fort Worth's incumbent cable provider is Charter. Incumbent telephone company is AT&T. In Dallas it's TWC/Verizon. In San Antonio and Austin it's TWC/AT&T, but there are a number of alternate providers (Grande Communications, Zayo, Alpheus) that Sprint could buy from if the ILEC/MSO weren't doing a good enough job.