Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Bbspot, I know you been tracking the b26 sites. Do you know where these 2 are coming from? I got this briefly in the city.

8cbf73b9627f01f79cae4ee8d6acb86d.jpg

I rarely go into the city, sorry. I know all the sites in foster city, San Mateo, and along my daily commute along the 101 south, down to 237.

I rarely go into the city, sorry. I know all the sites in foster city, San Mateo, and along my daily commute along the 101 south, down to 237.

I start in SF, but that's largely my commute. How much b26 is there along 237? I saw they finally accepted the last 3g only tower along 237, but it wasn't broadcasting LTE yet last week.

I start in SF, but that's largely my commute. How much b26 is there along 237? I saw they finally accepted the last 3g only tower along 237, but it wasn't broadcasting LTE yet last week.

all sites along 237 have b25.  Only a few have b26.  I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough.

Almost all clearwire towers have b41.

Saw this report on the east bay about law enforcement using stingrays to Intercept cell signals. This is only a gsm problem right?

http://m.ktvu.com/news/news/local/2-investigates-cell-phone-surveillance/nhRSR/

They can intercept everything. Remember, you don't want your stuff known, go off the grid. Wipe your google history frequently and disclose no information online.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow so much info to process! If anyone is interested tonight is the night! So many new maps to look at!

Thank you for purchasing the personal map and upgrading to Premier Sponsor.  Enjoy!

Robert

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of B26 alive at the San Jose Airport and throughout the city.

In Hayward, Sprint must have gone 8T8R because and shut off some Clearwire B41 sites because I used to get a nice signal and all I get now is a weak B41 signal from a site with 310 120 ID.

There is a lot of B26 alive at the San Jose Airport and throughout the city.

In Hayward, Sprint must have gone 8T8R because and shut off some Clearwire B41 sites because I used to get a nice signal and all I get now is a weak B41 signal from a site with 310 120 ID.

I know of two co located sites where they removed the clear signal. Maybe they need some time to optimize the sites.

Why would Sprint remove Clear B41 signals already? Wouldn't it be better to incorporate the sites into the Sprint network as 4G only? The site I am talking about is on McKeever Ave on top of an office building

Maybe they are converting it into a full build or 8T8R?  Do you see any  8T8R or NV antennas?

Sorry if this has been asked before (or if it's only permitted in the Sponsor's forum), but in the East Bay some sites have site IDs that start with SF, whereas others start with FN. Does anyone know what the distinction is? What does FN stand for?

Sorry if this has been asked before (or if it's only permitted in the Sponsor's forum), but in the East Bay some sites have site IDs that start with SF, whereas others start with FN. Does anyone know what the distinction is? What does FN stand for?

No noticeable difference. It was just how the network ID's were assigned. 

Just feel like the network feels less stable on the 880 between San Jose and the 92. I used to coast nicely on B41 (Clear) and now I jump between a weak B26 signal, blinks of B25 and stretches of B41.

Sprint turns off Clear and Sprint LTE sites or sectors when they are testing a nearby site or a new LTE carrier on another frequency. 

No noticeable difference. It was just how the network ID's were assigned. 

Sprint turns off Clear and Sprint LTE sites or sectors when they are testing a nearby site or a new LTE carrier on another frequency. 

I hope so that this will be done soon because it kills my battery. It jumps between B25/B41 all the time even if the phone is stationary on my desk

• Like 1

I noticed my phone parked on B26 a lot of the time yesterday in SF. If it wasn't B26, I was on B41. Looks like they finally launched it! 

I took this speedtest at the Iron Cactus restaurant on 4th and Townsend with full signal last night.

1028079128.png
  • Like 4

I noticed my phone parked on B26 a lot of the time yesterday in SF. If it wasn't B26, I was on B41. Looks like they finally launched it!

I took this speedtest at the Iron Cactus restaurant on 4th and Townsend with full signal last night.1028079128.png

I live on 5 th and King and started noticing B26 as well. That tower needs some B 41 to handler the crowds that come and go on each train. There's a tower a block west that still hasn't gotten any love. Upgrading that one would relieve some load from 4th and King.