Slimboutit

Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Is the GPS off on that mark? Thought you were 2 blocks over?

Sent from my little Note2

Started a new job 3 months ago. I'm now in One American Place.

Cool.. I might have to cross the street. ;)

What side of the building are you on? Guess you can figure where i am at by the pics I posted.

Insane..across the street and we still haven't chit chatted. I am sure we have seen each other, as I go walking for exercise everyday.

Digi I just flashed your 33010 PRL to see if I could get 800 smr off of the Behrman tower. This is what I got. The sreenshots are from the 1x Engineering Protocol screen and lordsutch's Signal Detector app.

34rf9cp.png2052ts5.png

Doesn't seem like you got SMR; you almost certainly would have landed on a 224xx SID if you had. Not sure where in the GS3 service menus the 1X band shows up (if at all)...

Doesn't seem like you got SMR; you almost certainly would have landed on a 224xx SID if you had. Not sure where in the GS3 service menus the 1X band shows up (if at all)...

Thanks, I was hoping for a 22XXX SID, but I got kind of confused when I saw 4159. I didn't know if I was looking at the right thing because I expected that even if I didn't see 22XXX that I would at least see something that was 5 digits and not a 4 digit number.

Yes, that is one give away the SID. On the 1X RF screen you probably would have noticed a 25 or 50 or some other PCS channel for voice. 476 or 526 will be SMR.

Yes, that is one give away the SID. On the 1X RF screen you probably would have noticed a 25 or 50 or some other PCS channel for voice. 476 or 526 will be SMR.

Yep channel 50

3g speed test indoors today and history of recent results from same spot.

post-5581-0-72813400-1360357914_thumb.png

post-5581-0-90308200-1360357951_thumb.png

What site?

What site?

Digi, I know how to pull up the debug menu on my phone but I don't know how to tell which site I'm pulling from. I ran the speed test at my house in Edgard so I'm either connecting to the tower on hwy 640 here in Edgard, the tower on 3127 in Killona, or the one on W. 10th street in Reserve.

Speaking of the debug menu, when I open the LTE engineering screen it lists a serving cell a, a DL and UL band, and some other info. It also says my connection is idle and I have no IP addy. Could I be picking up signal from a tower that isn't allowing connections?

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

I was on the corner of Perkins and Essen and when I looked at my phone I had a very weak lte signal..... Then it switched back to full bars 3G any ideas on what site that lte might have been?

Dbrow, what kind of phone was that on? I go through that intersection 4 times a day and have never picked anything up.there is a tower real close but I doubt it is it.

Dbrow, what kind of phone was that on? I go through that intersection 4 times a day and have never picked anything up.there is a tower real close but I doubt it is it.

I'm on an iPhone 5, I was stopped at the light and saw 1 bar of signal with LTE instead of 3g. I drove by the Picardy tower and that wasn't it. I'm going to look at the map and when I leave work I'm going to see if I can stop by some of the other towers near by

I'm on an iPhone 5, I was stopped at the light and saw 1 bar of signal with LTE instead of 3g. I drove by the Picardy tower and that wasn't it. I'm going to look at the map and when I leave work I'm going to see if I can stop by some of the other towers near by

Did u check what cell site it was?

I strongly suspect that it is the Sherwood/Florida Blvd site. It seems they have just adjusted the two current towers to maximize coverage at the expense of usefulness and that certain phones will latch on to a much weaker signal. If it isn't either of the two known 4g sites, the only other possibility would be on the building at United Plaza.

Did another tower go active? There is a lot of purple on sensorly at siegen and i10

Did another tower go active? There is a lot of purple on sensorly at siegen and i10

That would be great. If someone can swing by there and get the serving cell number we could know for sure.

That would be great. If someone can swing by there and get the serving cell number we could know for sure.

If someone can snag it, I bet it will be 81 or 91. Only other site it could be is the Burbank & Highland site but I'm sure Basil would have posted by now and there would be a big track on Sensorly. Everything else in the area that it could be hasn't been worked on yet.

Gpt weak signal on siegen here is the info what tower is that?ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360715031.885836.jpg

My bad... I meant 419 or 429. Those are sectors of the 2 LTE sites facing that direction. Look in the NOLA spreadsheet, I list the serving cells of the two sites. 419 is the Flannery/Old Hammond site.

I really wish I could say there was another tower active, but...that strip of purple really hasn't changed over the last week or so and I've been by it a number of times with no 4G to be found on my EVO LTE. There just seem to be a number of over-achieving phones out there picking up the two sites that we know to be active. This town is being covered with stray purple dots and stripes of 4G that isn't usable. My theory is that they have sites set to have the greatest coverage right now at the expense of usability until more sites come on line. It gives the appearance of greater activity.

Is that a new site on w Esplanade and Division St?

Yes. On the sheet, kevins669 confirmed and updated the serving cell IDs.

• Like 1

Is that a new site on w Esplanade and Division St?

I figured it has been so dead around here for a few, I figured I would see who would notice Sensorly or the worksheet first... he he he :) I am surprised it took this long!