Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Arghhh I jynxed it... I got stuck on Channel 100 now. Dead data.... now rebooting my phone over and over and over for the past 5 minutes trying to get off 100 and get my data working again. Why did they not fix this channel 100 when they were there???!?!?! Its not like they didn't have any tickets on it. :mad:

Night and day... from 2.4 megabits to 0. Luck of the draw of what you get when you are here.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think you found a new LTE site in your area? Please help us by getting some information from the site. If you find a new LTE site in the market or what you may think is a new site, drive close to wha

And of course I saved the best of last, the Addis, LA site (interesting site). Only 2 sectors on this one by design since there's really nothing on the backside of this one except for marsh/fields, e

The legacy site that just won't stop. Downtown Baton Rouge legacy rebuild.  New single band antennas, new coax, and legacy cabinets moved from the roof to the sidewalk during the building construction

Posted Images

Arghhh I jynxed it... I got stuck on Channel 100 now. Dead data.... now rebooting my phone over and over and over for the past 5 minutes trying to get off 100 and get my data working again. Why did they not fix this channel 100 when they were there???!?!?! Its not like they didn't have any tickets on it. :mad:

Night and day... from 2.4 megabits to 0. Luck of the draw of what you get when you are here.

I have the damndest time getting my Note 2 to rehash to another EVDO carrier. I get stuck on Channel 375 here a lot and its the poorest performing EVDO channel on our multi carrier sites most of the time.

In our area, every site has an EVDO channel 375, and a 1x carrier at 325. Even the lowest capacity rural sites. Then sites that have additional need for carriers add from this baseline. So there are lots of two carrier and three carrier EVDO sites that perform better on Channel 400 or 425, but I can't get off 375 no matter what on my Note 2.

I can cycle airplane mode until the cows come home and it will choose 375 over and over. Hard reboot can sometimes get it to choose another EVDO channel, but it will take several tries and at 3-4 minutes a pop, that can be annoying and time consuming.

Seems like it is easier to acquire another channel with other devices. But the Note2 is driving me bonkers in this regard.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Same experience here. I finally got over to 75, the typical evdo channel here, but can't get back over to the coveted 175 here.

Firing off some info to the network guys with screenshots about 100 here. I am sure they will get pissy and tell me to call 1st level again. Tired of discounts and playing on the phone for an hour, just fix that channel 100. Dead data is no fun when you just want to pull up something real quick.

Sent from my little Note2

Same experience here. I finally got over to 75, the typical evdo channel here, but can't get back over to the coveted 175 here.

Firing off some info to the network guys with screenshots about 100 here. I am sure they will get pissy and tell me to call 1st level again. Tired of discounts and playing on the phone for an hour, just fix that channel 100. Dead data is no fun when you just want to pull up something real quick.

I was on 100 when I got to work and data wouldn't work. I'm now on 175 and it's working great.

I got pretty good speeds from it yesterday. 10 down 4 up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I like hearing that from the EVO LTE. Are you on the new software/firmware update that came out last week?

I like hearing that from the EVO LTE. Are you on the new software/firmware update that came out last week?

Yea I flashed the new firmware and radio only. I'm running cm10.1. I was passing on the fire truck and took a quick speed test.

Yea I flashed the new firmware and radio only. I'm running cm10.1. I was passing on the fire truck and took a quick speed test.

Cool. Thanks. I am going to flash the updates tomorrow (I am running sense) and wanted to make sure the new radio, pri, prl etc are working well.

Dunno maybe your holding it wrong....>_>

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I don't think thats the problem, an Apple Genius thought me how to hold it right. Maybe it was because i was on the Sprint network and not roaming.

I will trade you my channel 100 for your crappy 4g signal.

DOWNTOWN100.png

Ouch that's gotta hurt. I'm happy to have LTE at home, but I don't need it here because of Wifi. That almost looks like what I used to get at the ex's house in Algiers. I hated sprint when I used to go there a lot. Most of the time I couldn't even run a speed test or connect to anything until late at night or very early in the morning. Her house is like right outside of the edge of the Behrman tower that I get LTE off of now. 3G has improved on the tower closest to her, but nothing to get ecstatic about. I'm really looking forward to getting 4G at work and places away from home that I go to the most.

That's the fun channel 100 that they refuse to fix and keep closing tickets on. At least they added another data channel so now you have a 1 in 3 chance that your phone won't work downtown.

FYI, the spot of LTE on Sensorly in Downtown BR is from the conference room in my building. I totally forgot to get the sector info, but it's got to be from the Florida and Sherwood site. I pulled around 4 Mb with a weak signal.

Was wondering If I might have known you from way back in elementary/middle school. There was a J Zeto who was the same age as my brother at St Jude.

Was wondering If I might have known you from way back in elementary/middle school. There was a J Zeto who was the same age as my brother at St Jude.

Nah, I grew up in St. Charles Parish and then moved to Germantown, TN when I was 7. Came back to LA in 1998 to go to LSU.