Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think you found a new LTE site in your area? Please help us by getting some information from the site. If you find a new LTE site in the market or what you may think is a new site, drive close to wha

And of course I saved the best of last, the Addis, LA site (interesting site). Only 2 sectors on this one by design since there's really nothing on the backside of this one except for marsh/fields, e

The legacy site that just won't stop. Downtown Baton Rouge legacy rebuild.  New single band antennas, new coax, and legacy cabinets moved from the roof to the sidewalk during the building construction

Posted Images

Just checked out the no east site. It's good, I mapped it good with sensorly. Can't get cell ids etc as I'm on cm10.1 and can't get to those screens. Sorry.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

One of the cell ids on berhman hwy is 190

I'll scope it out after work.

Yes, a member in the sponsor section posted pics a week ago of it with the panels on the ground by the crane. Amazing that it turned on so quickly. He mapped a bunch of it and sent the serving cell IDs which are 21, 190, 359. In case anyone forgot, they are 169 apart on the same site.

Sent from my little Note2

Just checked out the no east site. It's good, I mapped it good with sensorly. Can't get cell ids etc as I'm on cm10.1 and can't get to those screens. Sorry.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You need a nandroid backup of a simple clean stock setup, just backup the current and hit restore.

Do we have to use a custom prl to get the 800? How do we know if it is broadcasting 800?

Yes, there are ones posted in the sponsor section for testing. You will know by looking at the 1x engineering screens. You will be on a 224xx SID if connected.

• Like 1

I did a lot of mapping around the Behrman tower yesterday and today. The other serving cells are 21 and 359. I couldn't believe how fast it's come up. I posted pics about a week ago with the panels still on the ground at the tower. The 190 serving cell seems to cover a lot of area. I can get 20 megs down inside of my condo from this site and I'm at the back of Park Place.

I did a lot of mapping around the Behrman tower yesterday and today. The other serving cells are 21 and 359. I couldn't believe how fast it's come up. I posted pics about a week ago with the panels still on the ground at the tower. The 190 serving cell seems to cover a lot of area. I can get 20 megs down inside of my condo from this site and I'm at the back of Park Place.

Thanks for the confirmation! I had you on the sheet as credit for confirming LTE and the pics but wasn't sure of sharing that outside of the sponsor forum since you did mention it there. This really makes me lean towards that they are ramping up here as the crews get the process down pat in this area. Then it just becomes a backhaul/permitting waiting game.

Will have to keep an eye on the site that one of the Baton Rouge members found that I posted pics of the backhaul not hooked up. I did notice today downtown BR that there was an AT&T truck parked at the door that leads to the Sprint site that covers downtown. There really is no other reason to be there as the building is 100% empty and only Sprint is on the rooftop. The door to the building was propped open a bit. I circled around but didn't see anyone the second time I passed either. I'm really hoping he was there to hookup a new backhaul connection and not just working a ticket for a wonky T-1 line on this site. As we do have a problem with one of the EVDO channels on this site but I figure that would be on the Ericsson side of things and not AT&T. I would personally take the week off and help the contractors for free all week to get this site going!

• Like 1

Yea, I was thinking that they may be ramping deployment up also, at least that's what I'm hoping. It's amazing how a site like Gonzales can sit there accepted by Sprint for so long and another site can come up in a week. Your theory from another post about them just moving on to sites with the more reliable backhaul vendors is seeming more accurate. It seems Ericsson may be moving faster than some of them can keep up. On another note, has the Behrman site been reported to Robert as accepted yet? And, what are the chances that a site that comes up so fast is just up for testing and will go back down. It has been broadcasting for at least 30 hours straight that I know of.

It probably has if it is transmitting.

I would love to take a peek around the NV war room they talk about and see what's going on in our market.

i got lte from cell tower 263 most likely behind popeyes. the signal is very strong as i receive LTE on chef from Read Blvd all the way down to the drangizer bridge.. same cell tower

If this is a repost sorry i havent been on much and havent been reading..

i got lte from cell tower 263 most likely behind popeyes. the signal is very strong as i receive LTE on chef from Read Blvd all the way down to the drangizer bridge.. same cell tower

If this is a repost sorry i havent been on much and havent been reading..

Since you have an iphone be sure and post the LTE engineering screen. I'm looking for the cell identity and the serving cell since you can see both. I will mark this site as tentative , 94, 263, 432

Thanks for the warning digi... saved me a little gas lol

Now this is weird. I know I live WAY closer to Behrman Hwy, but when I'm home, My phone is still connecting to the tower by the Navy base <_<

Thanks for the warning digi... saved me a little gas lol

Now this is weird. I know I live WAY closer to Behrman Hwy, but when I'm home, My phone is still connecting to the tower by the Navy base <_<

What warning?