Slimboutit

Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

I gotcha buddy.I;m in no way trying to say anything I don't know about. Just when you've gotten LTE on your commute, in belle chasse at work, and in other locations your use to getting it, and now not getting it and even the 3g is kinda wonky, you just wonder whats up. . Will just wait it out I guess . Thanks 

Edited by TigerNamedTony

My morning . Thank God for Wi-Fi

Edited by TigerNamedTony

I gotcha buddy.I;m in no way trying to say anything I don't know about. Just when you've gotten LTE on your commute, in belle chasse at work, and in other locations your use to getting it, and now not getting it and even the 3g is kinda wonky, you just wonder whats up. . Will just wait it out I guess . Thanks

I have the same issues as you. Do yourself a favor and download Network (Philipp Mangelow) from the play store. It will get you quickly to the screen where you put your phone into LTE only mode. This will force LTE connection but disable all calls and texts. After you do this, dial ##33284# and then go to LTE Engineering. This will show you the LTE Band you are connected to. Take note of every area that you are connecting to Band 26 so you know where you will always lose the connection. Also take note of where you are connecting to Band 25 so you know where you can reconnect by toggling Airplane mode. I have done this for the past few days and have it down to a science. Or you can just do what Sprint keeps suggesting I do, put the phone into CDMA only mode... Because 3G data is so reliable here.....

Yeah i think its something with the phone...  I have a buddy sure a new one for me gonna head out and exchange it now. 

I have the same issues as you. Do yourself a favor and download Network (Philipp Mangelow) from the play store. It will get you quickly to the screen where you put your phone into LTE only mode. This will force LTE connection but disable all calls and texts. After you do this, dial ##33284# and then go to LTE Engineering. This will show you the LTE Band you are connected to. Take note of every area that you are connecting to Band 26 so you know where you will always lose the connection. Also take note of where you are connecting to Band 25 so you know where you can reconnect by toggling Airplane mode. I have done this for the past few days and have it down to a science. Or you can just do what Sprint keeps suggesting I do, put the phone into CDMA only mode... Because 3G data is so reliable here.....

The New Orleans folks should coin a new term to add to the many they already did, Ericsson hoops ;)

Yeah i think its something with the phone...  I have a buddy sure a new one for me gonna head out and exchange it now. 

Great!  Let us know how the new one works out. 

The New Orleans folks should coin a new term to add to the many they already did, Ericsson hoops ;)

Most of my coined terms are not able to be repeated here but I have change my Email signature to include my name followed by:

Sent on the Sprint *Now Network

*Just not right now (Likely sent via WiFi or Smoke Signal)

• Like 3

I'm sorry David, I am afraid we can not do that...

>.>

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sorry David, I am afraid we can not do that...

>.>

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The niche group that understand the avatar!

• Like 2

The niche group that understand the avatar!

It's all fancy and stuff! ;)

Sent from my Lil White Galaxy

Alright got new HTc One m8  I am back in Belle Chasse getting Band 25  LTE  not bad   17 Down 5 Up  my last speed test.   Was having issues in metairie/kenner with no 3g /te and constant roaming...  Went to workout in metaire where i normally get lte/ 3g  and it was not there so i'm sure its tower they are working on.  Hopefully the gym has Wi-Fi    i stream my gym music 

• Like 1

Alright got new HTc One m8 I am back in Belle Chasse getting Band 25 LTE not bad 17 Down 5 Up my last speed test. Was having issues in metairie/kenner with no 3g /te and constant roaming... Went to workout in metaire where i normally get lte/ 3g and it was not there so i'm sure its tower they are working on. Hopefully the gym has Wi-Fi i stream my gym music

Being in front of that tower helps.

Where I work at it depends on where I'm at on the property on what speeds I get. Where I'm at now I'll get 1 mb down. When I'm in the back where I see that tower I get from 15 - 20.

Sent from my Lil White Galaxy

Yeah Dem. Also checked earlier on and I am getting the Band 26 .  i think it was like 15 down and 7 up  

Yup they seem to have added the necessary software patch to the active B26 towers, unfortunately my phone still seems to prefer Band 25 until it goes to about -110, only then will it switch over to Band 26.

So a year after my last post I am posting I have found a B41 site in Metairie. It was just random that I was running a Speedtest at the Mellow Mushroom on Vets when I go close to 30Mbps down and 8Mbps up. Knowing Sprint's current LTE in Nola couldn't even come close to those speeds I had to see what I was on and sure enough there was a B41 tower! Screenshot_2015-04-29-19-51-04.png

• Like 2

So a year after my last post I am posting I have found a B41 site in Metairie. It was just random that I was running a Speedtest at the Mellow Mushroom on Vets when I go close to 30Mbps down and 8Mbps up. Knowing Sprint's current LTE in Nola couldn't even come close to those speeds I had to see what I was on and sure enough there was a B41 tower! attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-04-29-19-51-04.png

Tell digiblur! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell digiblur! Lol

He wouldn't care unless it was Baton Rouge, on every site and they started infilling with new sites in between too.  And I wouldn't blame him.

He wouldn't care unless it was Baton Rouge, on every site and they started infilling with new sites in between too.  And I wouldn't blame him.

Still have my email notifications on this thread I see :)  Yes, it would take a bit of work to swing back the yellow side.  I still keep an eye on the Nextel sites around town to see if they are making a move yet.  The kicker for me is still the downtown area is a Sprint wasteland combined with the no coverage inside the house.  However I did notice they finally converted to a full build by the house instead of the LTE GMO configuration.  I didn't see any 800 signals from it yet though.

• Like 6

New to the site here. Doesn't look like much has been going on around here lately.

Most members from this market has long left due to sprints network quality so thus there's little to no talk here in this thread anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm sure I'm late to the party but I came across this today. Pardon me if this has been shown elsewhere already. I don't visit the site everyday fcdabbe6ae6a3f0bdb6fa30861dc2eb0.jpg2cf39387705b7e5ff53ffc8e17fc1d3f.jpg

• Like 5

There's b41 out there. In Nola too.

• Like 3

Hopefully the Louisiana market will get b41 in next couple of years

Sent from my HTC M8