Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Can anybody tell me if I'm getting close?

Look at your RSRP. Here is the scale:

Better than -96dBm is a great signal

Between -97dBm and -107dBm is good

Between -108dBm and -114dBm is fair

Worse than -115dBm is poor

Also when you round the tower that 484 is going to change to 315 and/or 146. Be sure you are doing a Map Trip started with Sensorly too as that's another easy way for us to tell as we get signal readings from all sides. The deep purple on the map gives it away.

well with an RSRP of -82db,you cant be very far from it. The lower the number the stronger the signal. I was right at a tower with -63dbm.

Yeah I was just looking at your screenshot from earlier and I was going to say you must have been right there directly in line with the panel with that kind of excellent signal. He's definitely VERY close.

I am about to break a rule.. Mother nature sucks! C'mon doesn't she know she's delaying our crews? You gave us enough last week! Not another week of this.

40..windy and raining.. Perfect for tower work!

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Site ID from I-10 and Alvar St.

Ok.. That's the site ID we are looking for! I see you don't have a strong signal so it might not be exactly the one you think it might be.

Signed up to help

Mapped the northern part of the Causeway Bridge on my way home from work today.

I'm so close to that tower in Kenner/Metairie..but not close enough. The tower on Clear view and West Metairie cannot go live soon enough!

Signed up to help

Mapped the northern part of the Causeway Bridge on my way home from work today.

I'm so close to that tower in Kenner/Metairie..but not close enough. The tower on Clear view and West Metairie cannot go live soon enough!

I just saw that on Sensorly. Please get the Serving Cell IDs from your LTE Engineering screen. Refer to this post in case you missed it: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__90231

Please get both the north and south sector IDs if you can as this is a 2 sector only tower. Always an interesting one to look at on google street view. Would love to get pics of this one but it is kinda hard to stop and gawk ;)

Welcome to the club and thanks for the help!

Now that's an awesome tower to have LTE on ;)

• Like 1

I tried going into Algiers Point and I didn't get anything. I also tried Manhattan Saturday after I read someone say they were getting a signal, but I didn't get anything there as well.

WELL... I live close to Belle Chase Hwy and Whitney ave. and I had a LTE connection this morning when I got up, but I had to be on my porch to be connected, but I don't have anything now. I'm about to leave for a little bit and will see if I can get a connection and screenshot it for a cell ID

I tried going into Algiers Point and I didn't get anything. I also tried Manhattan Saturday after I read someone say they were getting a signal, but I didn't get anything there as well.

WELL... I live close to Belle Chase Hwy and Whitney ave. and I had a LTE connection this morning when I got up, but I had to be on my porch to be connected, but I don't have anything now. I'm about to leave for a little bit and will see if I can get a connection and screenshot it for a cell ID

Download and use Sensorly. It will show you exactly where others have picked up LTE signal and the strength.

Well if it isn't the belle Chasse tower, there are three in the vicinity of Whitney and Belle Chasse, but the last time I went hunting none had been touched.

I can not reasonably believe that the belle Chasse tower is reaching that far after my tests yesterday.

Looks like I'm going hunting tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well if it isn't the belle Chasse tower, there are three in the vicinity of Whitney and Belle Chasse, but the last time I went hunting none had been touched.

I can not reasonably believe that the belle Chasse tower is reaching that far after my tests yesterday.

Looks like I'm going hunting tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh it is definitely not that site. The post above from the iPhone off another sector helps me narrow it down. I have some map/signal analysis I am going to post in a bit in the sponsor area. Another theory...

• Like 1

Did anyone ever hear back from 15th? His screenshot showed -80 something, so I know he was closer than anyone else has been (I think)!

Don't think so. Been looking for his report on where he got that strong signal but haven't seen his reply yet.

Download and use Sensorly. It will show you exactly where others have picked up LTE signal and the strength.

Been having it. Closes place that has it near me is down Manhattan past Lapalco. Nothing is showing around me. I mapped it where I stand to show it being here. I'm bout to upload the screenshot of debug page.

Sorry guys. Its cold out there and raining off and on.

I took a shot at where the site is at...but it's a huge guess. Eagerly awaiting your data ;)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/579-network-vision-site-map-new-orleans-memphis-gulf-coast-east-texas-mississippi-and-louisiana-markets/page__view__findpost__p__91828

Been having it. Closes place that has it near me is down Manhattan past Lapalco. Nothing is showing around me. I mapped it where I stand to show it being here. I'm bout to upload the screenshot of debug page.

If you do have 4G, drive around with it and map it out in your area. That way others can see where the coverage is at as well. The screenshots of the debug page are determine the exact site that you are on so we know if it is a duplicate site or not.