Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Went to Pechanga last night and it's the first time I saw 4G on my phone. I was standing on the top level of the parking structure when I noticed it. I did not have any 4G inside so I didn't get to see how fast things were.

60% of the time it works every time!

*Sprint HIGH Speed 3G/LTE Nexus*

Does anyone know what is going on in the Coachella Valley area (i.e. Palm Springs) wrt LTE rollout? There was a lot of work being done until February and now everything is really quiet. Not a single LTE tower in operation yet. Is the backhaul not ready? Meanwhile San Diego and Orange County are firing up cells like crazy!

Hello I'm part of the Coachella valley (Thermal, Ca to be more precise). So Far all i have seen change is that a tower in Indio, Ca seems to have the RRU's that lte Towers should have. The Tower is RV40XC711 on Highway 111.

Here are two pic of tower RV40XC711. One from Google maps showing it before NV and the other from April 5, 2013 were I believe those boxes to be RRU'S.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1365490386887.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365490422448.jpg

Here are two pic of tower RV40XC711. One from Google maps showing it before NV and the other from April 5, 2013 were I believe those boxes to be RRU'S.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The setup for this tower looks like the one in Menifee on Haun Road they are still working on the tower for some time and cant wait to get LTE cause I just got the Note 2 and gave my sis Evo LTE

Receiving a strong 4G signal at Starbucks in "The Crossings at Corona“. Not sure how many other shops the signal covers. Very nice. Makes SB Wi-Fi look like dial up! Will try to map a bit on my way out.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Hello I'm part of the Coachella valley (Thermal, Ca to be more precise). So Far all i have seen change is that a tower in Indio, Ca seems to have the RRU's that lte Towers should have. The Tower is RV40XC711 on Highway 111.

Thanks for the report! It appears that many if not most of the towers in the area have been upgraded but none are operating in LTE mode. That leads me to suspect the backhaul isn't ready yet. I saw a contractor (Pacific West Communications) installing fiber at the end of last year so I'm hopeful we'll be up and running soon.

Anyone have more details?

• Like 1