Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

There are some sites near me that, according to the "NV Sites Complete" map, have icons that the "NV Complete" legend defines as "3G = EVDO hardware upgrades are complete and accepted. New backhaul may not be active." The speeds I am getting are not that great - does that mean the new backhaul is not active? Is there anyway to look up if the new backhaul for a site is active?

I thought I attached the picture but I guess not. Anyway I had 2.40 down and 1.00 up and my ping was 120ms. That's the fastest 3G I've ever seen!

How fast was the speed?

I thought I attached the picture but I guess not. Anyway I had 2.40 down and 1.00 up and my ping was 120ms. That's the fastest 3G I've ever seen!

Edit: Here's the detailed results

Date: Mar 1, 2013 7:19:39 am

Connection Type: Ehrpd

Server: Los Angeles, CA

Download: 2.40 Mbps

Upload: 1.00 Mbps

Ping: 120 ms

External IP: 66.87.65.79

Internal IP: 29.154.149.79

Latitude: 34.17991

Longitude: -117.32612

• Like 1

There are some sites near me that, according to the "NV Sites Complete" map, have icons that the "NV Complete" legend defines as "3G = EVDO hardware upgrades are complete and accepted. New backhaul may not be active." The speeds I am getting are not that great - does that mean the new backhaul is not active? Is there anyway to look up if the new backhaul for a site is active?

Sprint brings Network Vision 3G upgrades online in clusters. So backhaul, may or may not be the culprit in your instance. If your site is complete, they will inspect and accept it. But your device will stay on the legacy side until the all the sites within your cluster are done. Then they will do E911 drive testing for the whole cluster. If it passes, they will bring online the 3G Network Vision side and turn off the legacy.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those of you in Riverside, I have posted a map in the Sponsor's section for Riverside Network Vision permits. There aren't many by any means, but soon there should be many more. To view this map, you have to be a Sponsor.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3335-city-of-riverside-network-vision-permits/

To find out how to become a sponsor, visit this link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 2

it seems so ridiculous that you should have to get permits to work on your own cell site! yet another example of a big government out of control collecting taxes from every angle they can think of ...

it seems so ridiculous that you should have to get permits to work on your own cell site! yet another example of a big government out of control collecting taxes from every angle they can think of ...

Agreed, but they establish stuff like this because of people complaining about every little thing. From junk in the yard being a nuisance to the infamous "Cell signals give you cancer". But there has to be some order, so they set up rules like that.

• Like 1

I still think we're at least 45 days away.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Now that 30 days have passed, do you still think we are only 15 days out, or do you have a revised estimate as to when we might get turned on here in the ie?

Now that 30 days have passed, do you still think we are only 15 days out, or do you have a revised estimate as to when we might get turned on here in the ie?

LTE started lighting up in the market over a week ago. First two sites went live. One in Temecula and another in Claremont. They will continue with a few sites here and there and they will likely pick up steam in the next 2-3 weeks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

LTE started lighting up in the market over a week ago. First two sites went live. One in Temecula and another in Claremont. They will continue with a few sites here and there and they will likely pick up steam in the next 2-3 weeks.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Is Claremont considered Inland Empire for Sprint's purposes? I know Claremont is East L.A. County so technically it should be San Gabriel Valley but the neighboring city Montclair is San Bernardino County.

Thanks for the help!

Is Claremont considered Inland Empire for Sprint's purposes? I know Claremont is East L.A. County so technically it should be San Gabriel Valley but the neighboring city Montclair is San Bernardino County.

Thanks for the help!

Sprint has Claremont in the Riverside/San Bernardino market, even though it is technically just barely inside LA County.

Robert

• Like 1

Sprint has Claremont in the Riverside/San Bernardino market, even though it is technically just barely inside LA County.

Robert

That makes sense the L.A. County cities near Claremont have Inland Empire Area Codes.. But that's good news for me! Hopefully I'll be able to send a donation you guys way pretty soon!

• Like 1

If you go back to September there was no LTE in LA at all. Now there is LTE everywhere. I know it is tough to be patient, but Robert has told us many times that things will start happening fast. He has been correct everywhere so far. I am just glad to have this website to let us know what to expect and when. At least we know a ballpark. B)

• Like 5

Knowing LA has LTE everywhere and is only at 43 and we're at 23 or halfway, is making me wonder that we just might see LTE pop up everywhere all at once. Just a thought. Wonder if that's how LA felt?

Not likely. Pretty much all the sites inspected and signed off as complete from Sprint are currently live. The odds of them going out and inspecting 100's of sites all at once and turning them on immediately is very, very low.

They haven't done anything like that in any market so far with the Network Vision program. And the most LTE sites ever accepted in one week is about 50-60. And even that is very uncommon.

Not likely. Pretty much all the sites inspected and signed off as complete from Sprint are currently live. The odds of them going out and inspecting 100's of sites all at once and turning them on immediately is very, very low.

They haven't done anything like that in any market so far with the Network Vision program. And the most LTE sites ever accepted in one week is about 50-60. And even that is very uncommon.

so why do we seem so close yet far away? haha

• Like 1

wait okay this should've been a better comparison: San Diego is at 24%, and according to sensorly there's a good amount of LTE coverage for that amount. We're at 23% and all I see is temecula barley lighting up and San Dimas. Not to sound like a 6 year old who won't get his toy, but. What gives?

wait okay this should've been a better comparison: San Diego is at 24%,

I think the percentage is refered to the amount of NV sites completed, not the amount of LTE coverage nor active LTE Sites

• Like 1

I know this isn't inland empire, but is there lte at Knott's berry farm? I saw some lte on sensorly on beach blvd right next to it but not inside it. The late signal from that road should reach there right?

Edited by drewminerforgold

I know this isn't inland empire, but is there lte at Knott's berry farm? I saw some lte on sensorly on beach blvd right next to it but not inside it. The late signal from that road should reach there right?

I would think so, but the only way to know for sure is for someone to go in there and map it. Better take your charger with you, and an extra battery, lol.