Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Not so much that, but why does sprint need to give you a new phone? So the signal is weak. Talk to Samsung.

Sprint does what they need to. Not what you would necessarily like.

All the sprint stores I call, the employees didn't sound like they wanted to offer a replacement :\ bad luck I guess

I have talked to Samsung they say this problem is not common and didn't know how to fix it so I left. Technical support at sprint also didn't think this problem was common. They said if a webpage can load under 30 minutes your phone should be OK.....woooow

30 minutes? That's very unusual for them to say that. :( wow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I called sprint technical support.... they referred me to Samsung.... I talked to Samsung they referred me to sprint... its a never ending cycle..

That sucks. Unfortunately, I always recommend that people research the phone you buy. You will be stuck with it. You could look into the early upgrade program. You could sell your phone on craigslist then buy a new one. I have an EVO lte and sgs2 for sale.

That sucks. Unfortunately, I always recommend that people research the phone you buy. You will be stuck with it. You could look into the early upgrade program. You could sell your phone on craigslist then buy a new one. I have an EVO lte and sgs2 for sale.

Yea I didn't research it enough. It was my first smartphone buy. I'll pass bit thanks.

I had the phone and didn't have a problem. When a person comes to Sprint for a problem with their phone, it is a tough thing to deal with. People are angry and bitter. They blame Sprint and 90% of the time whatever is wrong is because they did it. Maybe through bad software, lack of maintenance, abuse or misuse. It makes it very difficult when someone has a legit problem or complaint. You have a tendency to get lumped in with all the other people. I have been on both sides, and there are no winners. I would just say always look at reviews, and trust the salesman. We get paid the same to sell a phone, no matter what one. We will usually tell you what phones people have issues with. I have not seen any with the GNEX. I do however see issues with the Iphone 5 daily. The 4s seems way more reliable.

why so much difference in signal stregnth 3g was at -53dbm and lte was going -76 to -80.. and maybe so it was pointed at the freeway also.

-76dBm RSRP LTE signal is extremely strong. Not going to get much stronger than that unless you are in front of the panel.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

JLevoLTE, For a recap on the strength differences, take a look at the following,

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-308-rssi-vs-rsrp-a-brief-lte-signal-strength-primer/

Pretty disappointed that we haven't seen any more LTE in the IE yet. I was expecting to see a few more towers by now.

I agree' date=' I'm really skeptical unless someone announces that LTE will be rolled out or when it shows up on sensorly, at least around riverside.[/quote']

You guys just don't understand. Do you truly realize what it takes before work can start? Permits require paperwork to be completed. Then it has to go thru the county or city commission for approval. That can potentially take a month or more depending on the number of building permits backlogged. Then work can start. Then before they can receive approval they have to have a QAA inspection, plus final building inspection, and if there is anything wrong, they are delayed from completing. Then Sprint's hired inspector has to approve it, and if anything is wrong, its delayed further. Then on top of that, Alcatel Lucent has a practice of waiting 45-60 days after the site is 3G complete before they request for Sprint to inspect the 4G. So its a potential 2 to 8 months if any delays occur. Please be patient. They are working and it just takes time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was the Inland Empire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 3

I understand the work involved. I am just impatient. I would have thought another tower or two by now though.

Just so you know, there are permits being issued for work in the Riverside city limits.

I will be building a permit map in the next few days. It will be posted in the Sponsor section due to Site ID's being listed. I'll let you know when I post it.

Edited by MacinJosh
  • Like 3

sorry I didn't mean to sound unappreciative I'm just a really impatient person.

I understand. Just the biggest problem Sprint still faces is building permits. Hopefully things will pick up pace soon.

Back in 2008 my Evdo speeds in North Fontana were anywhere from 2mbps to 2.7mbps. Obviously we are no where near that today and probably never will be again. But a few days ago off of the 210 and Citrus I hit 1mbps consistently. I was waiting for someone and tried to watch a video from the CNN app which is usually an exercise in futility unless I have Wimax or Wifi. But it loaded almost instantly. I was so shocked I cut the video off and checked with my Speedtest app.. Are there any upgardes going on in North Fontana around the 210? I've haven't seen speeds close to 1mbps in years..

Back in 2008 my Evdo speeds in North Fontana were anywhere from 2mbps to 2.7mbps. Obviously we are no where near that today and probably never will be again. But a few days ago off of the 210 and Citrus I hit 1mbps consistently.

I dont see any new upgrades around the 210. Very very few towers upgraded in Fontana

so I finally switched to sprint and got the iPhone 5, and where I live (Fontana) I get about .6mbps through 1mbps but it is a bit jumpy and the upload is just all over the place...does that mean the towers around where I live haven't even got upgraded yet?

so I finally switched to sprint and got the iPhone 5, and where I live (Fontana) I get about .6mbps through 1mbps but it is a bit jumpy and the upload is just all over the place...does that mean the towers around where I live haven't even got upgraded yet?

According to the maps, there are very few towers upgraded in your area. Even though some are upgraded, you might still be connected to a legacy tower.

According to the maps, there are very few towers upgraded in your area. Even though some are upgraded, you might still be connected to a legacy tower.

why am I not connected to an upgraded tower? I checked the sprint map, and there's a tower not too far from me that has received a data speed upgrade

why am I not connected to an upgraded tower? I checked the sprint map, and there's a tower not too far from me that has received a data speed upgrade

The Sprint website shows any maintenance upgrade that has occurred in the past six months, not just Network Vision upgrades. There can also be several sites between you and the one you see on the map. The best way to see what is going on is to become a S4GRU Sponsor and access our comprehensive maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Sprint usually lights up towers in clusters to improve performance in the network. Having 1 or 2 upgraded towers in the area will bring minimal/some improvements.