Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Ooo' date=' it seems like they finally upgraded the tower on campus. However, there doesn't seem to be any changes in speed and ping.

Sent from my SPH-D710

[/quote']

They haven't hooked the new back haul up yet. Maybe its not ready yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I am mapping Temecula at the moment looking directly at the tower with a -76 rsrp signal hitting 20-22 down doesnt seem to cover much of the area could it not be running at full stregnth or what?

Running at full strength, most likely engineered to be a small cell to maximiza capacity rather than coverage. There are probably several sites close to each other right there, so until more go live, you will only see LTE in small patches.

Running at full strength, most likely engineered to be a small cell to maximiza capacity rather than coverage. There are probably several sites close to each other right there, so until more go live, you will only see LTE in small patches.

why so much difference in signal stregnth 3g was at -53dbm and lte was going -76 to -80.. and maybe so it was pointed at the freeway also.

why so much difference in signal stregnth 3g was at -53dbm and lte was going -76 to -80.. and maybe so it was pointed at the freeway also.

Do you mean your 1x connection? Technically 3G, but usually 3G is used to refer to the data connection. 1x/3G and LTE are not measured the same way. You will never see 1x/EVDO and LTE with the same numbers. 1x/EVDO is reported in RSSI, while LTE is reported in RSRP. Also, it's highly likely that you weren't connected to the same tower for 1x/3G and LTE.

Do you mean your 1x connection? Technically 3G, but usually 3G is used to refer to the data connection. 1x/3G and LTE are not measured the same way. You will never see 1x/EVDO and LTE with the same numbers. 1x/EVDO is reported in RSSI, while LTE is reported in RSRP. Also, it's highly likely that you weren't connected to the same tower for 1x/3G and LTE.

Well yea i put my phone into cdma only mode and the signal stregnth for that was -53 i figured they were measured different definetley connected to the same tower for 1x/3g and lte.. theyre were no other towers i could find..

Ok, I wasn't sure if you we're looking at EVDO or not, since you can't have that and LTE and same time :tu:

It's still very hard to know for sure that you are connected to the same tower for 3G and 4G. You're never as isolated as you think you are.

I followed the map where the NV 3G/4G complete tower was on the sites completed map and like i said standing next to that tower i got -76 LTE and -53 cdma 1x/3g after i toggled to cdma only 3g speedtest was around 1.8Mbps.

-76dBm RSRP LTE signal is extremely strong. Not going to get much stronger than that unless you are in front of the panel.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

How do you tell which tower has been done with 3g/4g upgrades?

S4GRU Sponsor maps show completed site locations.

Yeah cause evrytime I go to the s4gru maps I got to my city and it just show tower locations and when I click on the tower it doesnt show if it has been completed or not

You're probably looking at the wrong map. This is the NV Sites Complete map: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/user/1-s4gru/

Does anyone know if there is lte in the la quinta area?

As of Friday, there were no Sprint sites with LTE accepted in the Palm Springs/Indio area, including La Quinta. However, there are several sites in the area where work has started. It may not be very long at all before the first Sprint LTE site goes live in the area.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD