Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Alcatel Lucent starts deploying markets with 3G first and then starts bringing online LTE over the same sites a few months later. Your market should be starting up LTE soon, since San Diego is starting to go live now. I'm guessing in the next week or two.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so happy about this, I just did the truffle shuffle!!!

Alcatel Lucent starts deploying markets with 3G first and then starts bringing online LTE over the same sites a few months later. Your market should be starting up LTE soon, since San Diego is starting to go live now. I'm guessing in the next week or two.

The next week or so you're expecting some LTE sites to go active in Riverside/San Bernardino area? Thats awesome!

Alcatel Lucent starts deploying markets with 3G first and then starts bringing online LTE over the same sites a few months later. Your market should be starting up LTE soon' date=' since San Diego is starting to go live now. I'm guessing in the next week or two.

[/quote']

I will start mapping once I see some lte! I've been on the hunt for a while now lol

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Can anyone or preferably Robert please confirm when Fontana will be able to have LTE? I'm not asking for a 100% completion, just when it starts and is able to be used. And can anyone tell me how fast their 3G speeds are in fontana? Thanks!

We don't have information as to when any specific place will see 4G until a tower in the area gets upgraded. We just know that work is going on across the whole area, and that eventually every site will get upgraded.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply Dkoellerwx. I guess I can't ask for specifics, and I know Roberts ETA is spring of this year, but since we are at 9% when should we start expecting in one of these areas LTE to pop up?

As Robert said a few posts up, we would expect LTE to begin to be turned on with some of the towers that have had 3G upgrades here in the next couple of weeks. Especially since San Diego has seen the switch to LTE now, this area shouldn't be too far behind. Of course, that's only a guess and only time will tell. But that's what we are expecting right now.

The towers that have had work are already ready for 4G, so it won't take long to get them broadcasting once they start working on 4G.

• Like 1

As Robert said a few posts up, we would expect LTE to begin to be turned on with some of the towers that have had 3G upgrades here in the next couple of weeks. Especially since San Diego has seen the switch to LTE now, this area shouldn't be too far behind. Of course, that's only a guess and only time will tell. But that's what we are expecting right now.

The towers that have had work are already ready for 4G, so it won't take long to get them broadcasting once they start working on 4G.

Once again, thanks a lot for a quick reply. I do not have sprint yet, but I will be switching to it on the 27th due to expenses with other carriers. How can I know which areas have been upgraded/prepared for LTE and is just waiting to be launched? And according to the deployment page, San Diego is only at 15%, so we aren't too far behind. But sensorly doesn't show any active LTE in San Diego?

But sensorly doesn't show any active LTE in San Diego?

Perhaps you are looking at it wrong? There are 4 or 5 patches of LTE showing in San Diego now. It's not widespread, but they've only been turning on 4G sites for less than a week now. It will cover more ground over the next several weeks.

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=san diego

Also still wondering if anyone can show me or state how fast the 3G service is here in Fontana/Bloomington

I wouldn't know, but I would imagine there are spots where it's on average 1-2Mbps, and places where it's closer to 0.1Mbps. However, as more sites are converted to NV, you should see 3G speeds of 1-2Mbps almost all the time.

You're right, I see some spots, but only in La Jolla and La Mesa. Still, that does mean they are expanding pretty quickly.

And so, if I get around 1-2 Mbps, does that mean I'm connected to a tower that's ready for 4G when they launch it?

It depends. There's an off chance that you could connect to an unburdened legacy site, but chances are pretty good that if you're getting 1.5+Mbps that you're connected to an NV site, which would mean that LTE would not be too far behind. Just FYI, the "Launch" date really doesn't mean much, as LTE coverage will be the same the day before the launch as the day after. It's just the day that Sprint adds LTE to their coverage maps, and issues a press release. Sprint is allowing connections to their LTE towers as soon as they are complete, instead of making you wait until the whole region is complete.

• Like 1

I get the whole launch date press release thing, that's why I'm going more towards what Robert says in his own anticipation, which is about 45 days according to this thread. But, I do want an update just for the area of Fontana/Bloomington, but i understand thats sponsor only. Just so I can have an idea when I'll have access, rather than just the whole entire region of SB. I just hope by march I'll be able to have access to LTE. Thanks for all the info by the way.

I get the whole launch date press release thing, that's why I'm going more towards what Robert says in his own anticipation, which is about 45 days according to this thread. But, I do want an update just for the area of Fontana/Bloomington, but i understand thats sponsor only. Just so I can have an idea when I'll have access, rather than just the whole entire region of SB. I just hope by march I'll be able to have access to LTE. Thanks for all the info by the way.

There are several 3G Upgraded towers in your local area. 3 in particular bordering Fontana/Bloomington. Once LTE starts going live, I would imagine that it wouldn't take very long to see some decent LTE coverage in your area.

• Like 1

There are several 3G Upgraded towers in your local area. 3 in particular bordering Fontana/Bloomington. Once LTE starts going live, I would imagine that it wouldn't take very long to see some decent LTE coverage in your area.

Thank you so much for this information. I was worried that when I go to sprint on the 27th of Feb I was gonna get stuck with .5 Mbps internet on my new iPhone 5. This has reassured me that I won't be waiting for that long for LTE to maximize my phone and unlimited data usage. Do you know what is required for sprint to finally allow these upgrade towers to have LTE?

Thank you so much for this information. I was worried that when I go to sprint on the 27th of Feb I was gonna get stuck with .5 Mbps internet on my new iPhone 5. This has reassured me that I won't be waiting for that long for LTE to maximize my phone and unlimited data usage. Do you know what is required for sprint to finally allow these upgrade towers to have LTE?

That I don't know. AlcaLu just seems to do 3G only for several months before starting to turn on 4G. I don't know if this is something Sprint has them do, or just the way they do it.