Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I'm having trouble with reception at the location where my wife works.. is there anybody on this forum who can check status of towers in the area.. perhaps they are being upgraded? If not, is there an ETA for the LTE upgrades in this area?

Thanks!

Cross streets of N. Ramona Blvd and State Street... San Jacinto, California 92582

I've been mapping my area with the RootMetrics app. It's pretty shocking to see how bad Sprint data coverage is. Usually, there is a pretty good signal everywhere but the data speed is ridiculously slow. I'm kind of shocked that she's getting poor reception. Are you talking about dropped phone calls or slow internet connectivity?

I'm having trouble with reception at the location where my wife works.. is there anybody on this forum who can check status of towers in the area.. perhaps they are being upgraded? If not, is there an ETA for the LTE upgrades in this area?

Thanks!

Cross streets of N. Ramona Blvd and State Street... San Jacinto, California 92582

Are you having any Missed calls issues?

Thanks!

LTE sites in the San Bernardino/Riverside market aren't scheduled to start going live until January at the earliest. However, according to network.sprint.com, both towers close to those cross streets are due for data capacity upgrades in the next 6 months. It could just be overburdened cell sites, like I experienced 2 days ago in Tulare, CA where everytime I tried to make a call, all I got was a fast busy.

LTE sites in the San Bernardino/Riverside market aren't scheduled to start going live until January at the earliest. However, according to network.sprint.com, both towers close to those cross streets are due for data capacity upgrades in the next 6 months. It could just be overburdened cell sites, like I experienced 2 days ago in Tulare, CA where everytime I tried to make a call, all I got was a fast busy.

My issue is I recieve calls only 50% of the time. I can call my phone sitting on my desk from the office phone and it will just ring and then go to voicemail while my phone on the desk just sits there and does not ring. Sprint gave me some BS about overburdened towers etc. I told them really, at 5:00 AM there are overburdened towers at five different locations around San Bernardino County? BS. They gave me a $75 credit for the issue I have been having for the past 3 weeks. Go ahead and call them to get your credit. Today I will send my S3 back to Samsung for a replacement. This will at least let me know if this is a Hardware or Network issue. What do you think?

My issue is I recieve calls only 50% of the time. I can call my phone sitting on my desk from the office phone and it will just ring and then go to voicemail while my phone on the desk just sits there and does not ring. Sprint gave me some BS about overburdened towers etc. I told them really, at 5:00 AM there are overburdened towers at five different locations around San Bernardino County? BS. They gave me a $75 credit for the issue I have been having for the past 3 weeks. Go ahead and call them to get your credit. Today I will send my S3 back to Samsung for a replacement. This will at least let me know if this is a Hardware or Network issue. What do you think?

At the fair the other day it was totally network related, because at home I get all my calls. But down in Tulare I missed like 2 or 3 calls (I don't get many calls, btw). Plus the data service took a total plunge and all I could get was 1x data until I finally got to the north side of Tulare on another tower. So it is possible that even at 5am towers could have been over-burdened. And there is the ever so slight chance that it is your phone. Let us know what happens when you get your replacement.

• Like 1

So far we haven't dropped any calls.. that we know of.. but the data speeds are bad.. which is an understatement. I'm willing to wait it out for a while, as long as phone calls aren't missed.. if, in fact, Sprint will be upgrading their equipment... I hope that isn't just lip service to try to keep customers from leaving. I know that if Sprint had a reliably fast and stable network here in San Jacinto and Hemet, in Riverside County.. there would be a LOT more customers using it.

So far we haven't dropped any calls.. that we know of.. but the data speeds are bad.. which is an understatement. I'm willing to wait it out for a while, as long as phone calls aren't missed.. if, in fact, Sprint will be upgrading their equipment... I hope that isn't just lip service to try to keep customers from leaving. I know that if Sprint had a reliably fast and stable network here in San Jacinto and Hemet, in Riverside County.. there would be a LOT more customers using it.

It's not lip service. We have been tracking it all year. Sprint is spending billions, nationwide.

Robert

• Like 1

Excellent to hear! We just moved to Sprint from AT&T whom we have had no problems with for well over a decade.. a big leap.. so we are hopeful that the roll-outs are quick, on-time and smooth with little to no dropouts of service. I know the ones that do the posting are often the ones that are upset so you get a disproportionate amount of complaints... but I'm hopeful.. hopeful to see LTE light up on my phone in the 1st quarter of 2013!

Excellent to hear! We just moved to Sprint from AT&T whom we have had no problems with for well over a decade.. a big leap.. so we are hopeful that the roll-outs are quick, on-time and smooth with little to no dropouts of service. I know the ones that do the posting are often the ones that are upset so you get a disproportionate amount of complaints... but I'm hopeful.. hopeful to see LTE light up on my phone in the 1st quarter of 2013!

We track the latest deployment plans for each market here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Robert

I'm curious.. in my case.. I see Riverside/San Bernardino as listed to begin upgrades early in 2013.. I live in Hemet.. which is in Riverside county.. probably 30 minute drive from Riverside and/or San Bernadino.. Are these upgrades to the city themselves, or to the city plus the cities within those counties??

I'm curious.. in my case.. I see Riverside/San Bernardino as listed to begin upgrades early in 2013.. I live in Hemet.. which is in Riverside county.. probably 30 minute drive from Riverside and/or San Bernadino.. Are these upgrades to the city themselves, or to the city plus the cities within those counties??

It is all the sites in the Riverside/San Bernardino market. Which includes all of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties and part of Imperial County. So the very first sites will likely start coming live in January. There will be enough sites complete to formally launch the market by Spring, and all the sites should be complete by the Fall.

Robert

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update. I jjust recieved a tracking # from Samsung for my phone I sent in for repair because of not recieving calls randomly. Here is what they reported: Passed all functionality testing. Problem Found,No PCS Service. I was so hoping there was something wrong with the phone. Now I have to go back and play Sprint's customer service game again Sheeesh.

Is this upgrade already funded.. in other words.. what are the chances of only 'some' of these markets getting upgraded before Sprint decides they have spent enough?

I don't think anyone knows. Sprint is banking on LTE for their future, they don't have a chance if they don't roll it out to compete with the big 2 & tmo whenever they upgrade.

Is this upgrade already funded.. in other words.. what are the chances of only 'some' of these markets getting upgraded before Sprint decides they have spent enough?

I don't think anyone knows. Sprint is banking on LTE for their future, they don't have a chance if they don't roll it out to compete with the big 2 & tmo whenever they upgrade.

Sprint has said in the Quarterly results that they have all the funding lined out for Network Vision. And given their current cash reserves alone after recent debt sales could cover almost 3/4 of the cost. Also, Sprint stock has been soaring lately. Nothing to be concerned about here.

Robert

• Like 1

When I first moved to this area the download speeds were 350-800 kbps but ever since the EVO and Premium data were forced upon us the speeds have dropped considerably, and things have gotten worse since Sprint got the iPhone, now my speeds are 23-88 kbps (with Pings ranging from 1900 - 10019 ms) most of the time and sometimes when in LA I may get 300+ kbps. I called CS and they tell me that since Sep 27 (really about 2 yrs) service has been interrupted because of upgrades and that they will be finished Oct 3. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or is CS just blowing more smoke?

Blowing smoke.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-inland-empireriversidesan-bernardino-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

They could be talking about the network maintenance upgrades, that are improving the legacy network by adding more backhaul, carriers etc. As far as the network vision upgrades though, no.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LTE maybe coming to this market sooner than we hope, look what my speed test just gave me in North Murrieta/South Menifee,CA area

Test Date: Oct 11, 2012 1:37:43 am

Connection Type: Ehrpd

Server: San Diego

Download: 1.80 Mbps

Upload: 1.00 Mbps

Ping: 108 ms

External IP: 66.87.64.212

Internal IP: 29.152.128.212

Latitude: 33.64016

Longitude: -117.16864

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/265701947.png

• Like 1

LTE maybe coming to this market sooner than we hope, look what my speed test just gave me in North Murrieta/South Menifee,CA area

That would be great! My family just switched to Sprint from AT&T and so far I've gotten nothing but "We should not have gone to Sprint" commentary from all of them... I keep telling them to be patient.. but even I have all but given up using the data when I'm not on Wi-Fi.

:(

I live in Hemet, so hope these updates move quickly.. if they are in fact happening at all.

It is about the time the Network Vision work is scheduled to start mobilizing in this market. So it's not far fetched. Keep an eye on the Sprint towers in the area and let us know if you see something. :fingers:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

It seems that many of the towers are being upgraded Ehrpd, just last night our tower went down completely, we do not know where it is located but my evo lte and my Girlfriend galaxy s 3 both lost all connectivity for at least 2 hours. At times 3g would show and then it would go directly to roaming....Also Ehrpd showed up in Menifee and Perris. In Perris speeds are vastly improving and Here in city limits of murrieta at scott Road Exit at the 215 freeway my phone hits 2Mgbs during non peak hours and 1.5 during peak....

It seems that many of the towers are being upgraded Ehrpd' date=' just last night our tower went down completely, we do not know where it is located but my evo lte and my Girlfriend galaxy s 3 both lost all connectivity for at least 2 hours. At times 3g would show and then it would go directly to roaming....Also Ehrpd showed up in Menifee and Perris. In Perris speeds are vastly improving and Here in city limits of murrieta at scott Road Exit at the 215 freeway my phone hits 2Mgbs during non peak hours and 1.5 during peak....[/quote']

eHRPD is not deployed site by site. It is usually deployed over an entire market at all at once, and sometimes just over a cluster of sites in a market. The arrival of eHRPD is not a sign of imminence of LTE arrival. But it is a step forward.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/page__view__findpost__p__52976

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Yep its good to see progress! But can anyone explain the data outages in my area at 1am or two it happen again...I work graveyard so IM left without Pandora hehe it has been happening more frequently lately....

There are many reasons. It could be issues at the switch, the towers in your area. I don't believe that work has started in your market yet, but it's possible I may be wrong.