Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Going to be driving around New Tampa and New Port Richie today, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for work going on in the outskirts of the greater Tampa Bay area.

I took a trip north on I-75 today on the motorcycle (safely monitoring phone) with the Mrs. on board. Went from Riverview up to SR54, then across on to SR56 and into Tarpon Springs. Left there and headed south on ALT-19, then across 60, the Courtney Campbell, then back to 275, to I-4, then down 75 back to Riverview. No joy on LTE hits, but saw work and lines coming down from what looked like a sprint set of panels with active work going on. If they don't work on Sunday they'll be at that one on Monday. Other than that, the most promising sites I saw were along ALT-19 and they looked completed near Dunedin and into Clearwater. ...... the hunt continues......

I took a trip north on I-75 today on the motorcycle (safely monitoring phone) with the Mrs. on board. Went from Riverview up to SR54, then across on to SR56 and into Tarpon Springs. Left there and headed south on ALT-19, then across 60, the Courtney Campbell, then back to 275, to I-4, then down 75 back to Riverview. No joy on LTE hits, but saw work and lines coming down from what looked like a sprint set of panels with active work going on. If they don't work on Sunday they'll be at that one on Monday. Other than that, the most promising sites I saw were along ALT-19 and they looked completed near Dunedin and into Clearwater. ...... the hunt continues......

I was all in that area today didn't see anything. Where were you exactly so i can keep my eyes open.

I haven't seen any changes in speed at my office off 301 and MLK. I would have thought 3g would also improve before LTE is put in place. I am connecting with eHRPD but down speeds are seldom better that 80k with up to 2 seconds for latency.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any changes in speed at my office off 301 and MLK. I would have thought 3g would also improve before LTE is put in place. I am connecting with eHRPD but down speeds are seldom better that 80k with up to 2 seconds for latency.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

They just started work on the tower south of MLK on the west side of the I-75 expressway. The support lines are coming down from a group of antennas coming down. Expect to see them climbing up and down this over the course of the next week, at least it appears imminent.

My memory might be hazy but I'm pretty sure Wimax was announced in both markets at the same time. Also the announcement a week or so ago mentioned they were working in SW FL now and part of the next 100 day release I think Tampa and Central Florida will fall in that time frame.. What do I know though?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't you think we would see something out of Orlando first?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tampa is the largest metropolitan area in the state so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for work to begin here. I think at this point Sprint would love to say their LTE network covers more people by the end of 2012.

My memory might be hazy but I'm pretty sure Wimax was announced in both markets at the same time. Also the announcement a week or so ago mentioned they were working in SW FL now and part of the next 100 day release I think Tampa and Central Florida will fall in that time frame.. What do I know though?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

100 (+) cities, by the end of the year. Not 100 days. Just clarifying.

Yeah a bit disappointing this morning. On the flip side Sprint is killing this network thing with over 400 sites this week. I have a theory though but I want to look at the maps again to make sure what I'm saying is possibly correct.

• Like 1

Forgot to attach

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

It's hard to judge those at NV just yet.... They certainly may by, but I've pulled 2.0-2.5mbps down in many areas before so it'll take a little more than that to convince me just yet.

Keep up the hunting though!

Wanted to see if I could find an old screen shot of the speeds I used to get, but haven't been able to find one yet.... If I had to guess Tampa must've been one of the few markets that was fiber at that time. I seldom heard of those speeds on Sprint prior to NV.