Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Around central Florida band 26 is literally everywhere including boondocks. More towers have it than not. I see no 8t8r action at all though.

Happy New Year to all of those in the Tampa market!  I have run across two sites so far with 8t8r action going on, one of them is near me.  I don't know how I missed them, but I've been pretty busy and sure it didn't take them long to add it to the site.  Now just waiting for them to make final updates to the airport.  Some work has been done there, but other carriers have been at the airport updating their equipment lately.  Let's hope for a great network new year.

Happy New Year to all of those in the Tampa market! I have run across two sites so far with 8t8r action going on, one of them is near me. I don't know how I missed them, but I've been pretty busy and sure it didn't take them long to add it to the site. Now just waiting for them to make final updates to the airport. Some work has been done there, but other carriers have been at the airport updating their equipment lately. Let's hope for a great network new year.

May I ask where they are located?

• 2 weeks later...

Just outside of the Panther Trace subdivision near Rhodine Rd. in Riverview. If you want, next time I ride my bicycle near there, I will snap a pic.

It's ok, I was just wondering if there on non former Clear sites. The 8t8r I've seen are all on former Clear / Wimax sites. 1 on Busch Blvd, another on Dale Mabry. There is one on US 301 near the junkyard never had any Clear equipment that has 8t8r

• 2 weeks later...

It's ok, I was just wondering if there on non former Clear sites. The 8t8r I've seen are all on former Clear / Wimax sites. 1 on Busch Blvd, another on Dale Mabry. There is one on US 301 near the junkyard never had any Clear equipment that has 8t8r

I know most of you know I work at the airport, and that the site here is in the center of a number of sites that are completed.  I wanted to just bring something up about one of those sites, specifically the UHaul site on Hillsborough Ave near the airport, just west of Dale Mabry.  

I was at a work bowling function yesterday after work at Pin Chasers.  As I headed down Hillsborough towards Dale Mabry I looked over to the small site there (short tower).  On glancing I saw a crew up there installing the additional 8t8r antennas there.  So, I would imagine they are now all in place and that site will have those going in the near future.  Another 8t8r site in Tampa in progress.

I found my first 8t8r in a "non wimax/Clear" former area on SR 39 in Plant City.

I took a motorcycle ride the other day and was surprised to see so many sites near me that are "non wimax/Clear" sites to have 8t8r already installed on them.  Ones I saw were in Riverview as well as south of Sun City Center on 301, and others. 

• Like 2

Anyone having data problems? Unless I'm being throttled for some reason which I shouldn't be, data has been down at several towers even though I have a signal.

Yes, on both B41 LTE and eHRPD/EVDO. Absolutely zero data in spite of healthy signal. My sister encountered the same just after 12pm. I'm in Brandon north of the Best Buy with an iPhone 6 Plus. She's in Riverview by 301 and Causeway with and iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Software update are being implemented on all frequencies, all bands, all technologies, and affects every vendor so expect some service disruptions while they work out the kinks. 

• Like 1

I guess I am no longer part of the country. ;)

Or this is slowly rippling through the network....

It's long needed protocols for band selection that should increase speeds and coverage on Spark/Triband devices nationwide.

• Like 5

It's long needed protocols for band selection that should increase speeds and coverage on Spark/Triband devices nationwide.

That is great to hear - is it just on Samsung equipment or is there a version for each OEM?