Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Yes LK airport. The Geico building is right there behind it. If you look towards the airport and look at the huge hanger building you can see 3 small white sections that we fixed. I'm pretty sure that area has had b25 for a while and now b26. I could be wrong though

The range of Sprint B41 vs the old Clear B41 is much better, even with power not turned up all the way.

Considering it is arguably the best available equipment setup in the US, it is expected. 

B41 is integrated at full power (5-6w). What they need to do is optimize the RET settings of the antenna panels. 

• Like 1

Also, is there a difference between the LTE 800kHz and Spark. I get confused how Sprint is branding it. If they are different do we know when 800Mhz roll out will be completed and how far along with it they are now?

Depends what you mean by spark. Sprint PR makes it confusing here spark is band 41(2500Mhz LTE). In basic terms 800 LTE is your coverage/building penetration band and 2500 LTE is your capacity/speed band. 

Depends what you mean by spark. Sprint PR makes it confusing here spark is band 41(2500Mhz LTE). In basic terms 800 LTE is your coverage/building penetration band and 2500 LTE is your capacity/speed band. 

John Saw (Chief Network Officer) has taken steps to clear up the misnaming of Spark. In talking about the RootMetrics results, he refers to it specifically as 2.5GHz.

I am possibly moving to Sarasota this summer how is the LTE Coverage down their??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its ok no band 41 so speeds are not the greatest but its usable in most areas I went to there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hand offs between towers has been horrible the past week. I don't know if it has to do with the 8t8r activations or what. I drop to 3G several times a day now and unable to call out several times. I think the hand if from a 8t8r to Clear is not optimized or ehrpd is not enabled correctly. Idk.

• 1 month later...

I agree it is much better even for the uniband Note II that I have from what it was...  I am hoping the next nexus device is like the current 5 in that it will work on Sprint and T-Mo.  Because I figure I will buy it and see how Tri-band works for me.  If I still have issues in all my regular locations I might end up jumping ship, and that would be a big deal for me because I have been with Sprint since 1997

OK so I finally jumped to a multi-band N6.  Was, hoping this is going to fix my woes.  So far my speeds have increased in my usual spots but nothing to brag home about, Sable Park getting just over 1Mb/sec during prime buisness hours. (early morning is blistering up to 13Mb/sec but my old Note II would do the same) Home in the Trinity area, it is still as dreadful as always. no service at all inside my home without my Airave, which has to be rebooted almost daily. but most of the Trinity area you are lucky to get 250K if anything at all.  Ybor, still dreadful, and IP still dreadful. (Seems the Airport tower has been under construction for 3 years now)

I am giving it another couple months and then, if still no improvement in where I go the most then, I am going to move to Tmo, I believe.  pending an invite for Google fi of course. Because there are some rural areas I visit ocassionally where Sprint works great but TMo doesn't even have voice signal. Ocala State Park and Mayaka are 2 examples. Google fi would fix that in that it hits Sprint and Tmo networks simultaeously.

I think it is great that some of you guys are getting 35Mb/sec in some locations, and I know I get really great speeds near USF and in Holiday.  but I would rather get a consistent 5Mb/sec everywhere than rediculous speeds in a few spots and mediocre speeds in most others. 

OK so I finally jumped to a multi-band N6. Was, hoping this is going to fix my woes. So far my speeds have increased in my usual spots but nothing to brag home about, Sable Park getting just over 1Mb/sec during prime buisness hours. (early morning is blistering up to 13Mb/sec but my old Note II would do the same) Home in the Trinity area, it is still as dreadful as always. no service at all inside my home without my Airave, which has to be rebooted almost daily. but most of the Trinity area you are lucky to get 250K if anything at all. Ybor, still dreadful, and IP still dreadful. (Seems the Airport tower has been under construction for 3 years now)

I am giving it another couple months and then, if still no improvement in where I go the most then, I am going to move to Tmo, I believe. pending an invite for Google fi of course. Because there are some rural areas I visit ocassionally where Sprint works great but TMo doesn't even have voice signal. Ocala State Park and Mayaka are 2 examples. Google fi would fix that in that it hits Sprint and Tmo networks simultaeously.

I think it is great that some of you guys are getting 35Mb/sec in some locations, and I know I get really great speeds near USF and in Holiday. but I would rather get a consistent 5Mb/sec everywhere than rediculous speeds in a few spots and mediocre speeds in most others.

There is a new tower in Ybor that is a couple months old that helped. All the other places I agree. I am so tempted by the devil to switch to Att or Verizon where the price would be equal because of my wife's 20% discount.

If B26 isn't helping you guys down there, you probably should go.  You are in a market with all three bands.  B41 deployment on Sprint sites will continue.  But it's going to be one here and one there.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 1

B26 may improve if Sprint will bump all the people off of it that are within B25 range too.  Some network optimization will get B26 humming again.  Right now it is parking far too many people on B26.

• Like 1

B26 may improve if Sprint will bump all the people off of it that are within B25 range too. Some network optimization will get B26 humming again. Right now it is parking far too many people on B26.

It seems like it’s sprint’s only band with the overload on b26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am trying to stick it out and be loyal to Sprint (have been with sprint since the 90s)but am getting tempted by the better speeds and lower price of Tmo

Well if you're more than a one phone family (and you're trying to stay loyal) you could move to TING and have a phone on Sprint's network and one on TMO :)

• 2 months later...