Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

Hello all i have a few questions... why is there only one network vision tower in my town and the rest are all legacy towers why is all the towers besides that one legacy towers my internet speeds are that of a 56 k dial up modem if not worse ... the coverage is horrible can someone please give me a idea of whats happenening in my area thanks a bunch dan lodish

Some punctuation would help :)

To answer your questions:

why is there only one network vision tower in my town and the rest are all legacy towers

Because each tower gets worked on based on permits, equipment availability and a whole host of other concerns.

why is all the towers besides that one legacy towers my internet speeds are that of a 56 k dial up modem if not worse

Because those towers are all running multiple T1 backhaul, which is very limited based on the number of users. The NV towers have ethernet backhaul which offers much higher throughput.

the coverage is horrible can someone please give me a idea of whats happenening in my area

All the towers in the area are being worked on, so coverage will only improve as times goes on.

• Like 1

I would think most Sprint customers at this point would be used to the slow speeds.  I have now been with Sprint for 2 years but have seen nothing but improvements.  When i first switched from the evil red company, data speeds and coverage were horrible, voice quality was always great.  Now my coverage is much stronger and consistent and my data speeds are consistently faster.  With the progress of NV in my area i dont think its long till the Sprint of old is a thing of the past!

i m coming from big blue......so i m used to the high speeds and the i only get one bar and its driving me nutts and old bridge has lte but not east brunswick and atts lte here in east brunswick is spotty at best

i m coming from big blue......so i m used to the high speeds and the i only get one bar and its driving me nutts and old bridge has lte but not east brunswick and atts lte here in east brunswick is spotty at best

Old Bridge has LTE because it was part of a FIT. The rest of the Central Jersey market is no just starting deployment. Additional LTE sites probably are 30-45 days from starting to go live. And they will likely go live one at a time over a period of six months.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Excellent service at Six Flags, data speeds were consistently fast, everything was snappy. I miss it already.

556293093.png

And my phone's battery actually lasted all day without me having to dim the screen all the way and turn off cellular data.

We had the first 4G LTE site accepted in Central Jersey market yesterday since the FIT a year ago.  It's near Flemington.  Hopefully this mean LTE expansion is currently starting to get moving in the Central Jersey market.  Maybe Southern Jersey soon?

Robert

• Like 1

i havent seen any LTE, but i have noticed faster 3G speeds on certain towers, and not sure if its my imagination or not but i seem to have a much steadier signal everywhere.

on another note, now that i look i have noticed that where i have been getting 4-5 bars it will drop to 1-2 bars like the tower im usually on was taken off line or something, not sure if its the beginning of NV in my area, HOPE SO!

i havent seen any LTE, but i have noticed faster 3G speeds on certain towers, and not sure if its my imagination or not but i seem to have a much steadier signal everywhere.

on another note, now that i look i have noticed that where i have been getting 4-5 bars it will drop to 1-2 bars like the tower im usually on was taken off line or something, not sure if its the beginning of NV in my area, HOPE SO!

where do you live at in central new jersey my service has gotten progressively worse...

where do you live at in central new jersey my service has gotten progressively worse...

im in and around middlesex and somerset counties.  Was in bridgewater on 202 the other day inside a store where i usually cant even get a webpage to load and when i run a speedtest inside its around .07mbps down.  Internet is useless, but the other day i was there and hit my email and it opened instantly.  I ran three speedtests and they were 1.05/.80,,1.88/.76,,1.67/.79.  Amazing for inside that store or in that area at all.

• 3 weeks later...

nice improvement in 3 weeks, moved up from 38% to 50% NV acceptance.  LTE is still low at 9% nut i have a feeling that will start growing by leaps and bounds in the next month.  Saw some tower work being done in north plainfield off of Rt. 22 WB the other day and could not get any data even though my iphone showed 3G..... NV in progress!!!! Love it.

Thanks again Robert for the great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed some LTE the other day in Montgomery just inside Somerset County north of Princeton. I was waiting at a gas station there and noticed 3G seemed unusually quick so I ran a speedtest and got 1.8mb/s. Turned on LTE and it popped up. Seems to have spread in the past week too. Also found some in Bridgewater near the ballpark. 

Edited by WillM

Just noticed some LTE the other day in Montgomery just inside Somerset County north of Princeton. I was waiting at a gas station there and noticed 3G seemed unusually quick so I ran a speedtest and got 1.8mb/s. Turned on LTE and it popped up. Seems to have spread in the past week too. Also found some in Bridgewater near the ballpark.

I noticed on sensorly in the last few days LTE seems to be exploding in this part of the market,,,finally been waiting forever!