Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

In contrast, Southern Jersey market has had only 3 updates since March. People in Central and North Jersey markets should feel good about their markets' progress.

Maybe they've gotten more lately but all three markets are still at about a 70% acceptance rate for LTE. You would think it would be higher given how long it's been going on. I love seeing updates but to be honest these markets won't really improve until they get the densification program going. 

• Like 1

Maybe they've gotten more lately but all three markets are still at about a 70% acceptance rate for LTE. You would think it would be higher given how long it's been going on. I love seeing updates but to be honest these markets won't really improve until they get the densification program going.

The acceptance rates have not been updated since March. I'm sure there is a difference now between the 3 markets since Southern Jersey has stagnated. However, a few percentage points is not a big deal.

You are correct that the big difference will occur when they add small cells and new towers to fill the gaps. The newer suburbs, like the one I live in, do not have adequate coverage.

From my experience, the densely populated areas have great LTE coverage. But the further you go out, data speeds go downhill fast. Voice is good almost everywhere.

The acceptance rates have not been updated since March. I'm sure there is a difference now between the 3 markets since Southern Jersey has stagnated. However, a few percentage points is not a big deal.

You are correct that the big difference will occur when they add small cells and new towers to fill the gaps. The newer suburbs, like the one I live in, do not have adequate coverage.

From my experience, the densely populated areas have great LTE coverage. But the further you go out, data speeds go downhill fast. Voice is good almost everywhere.

My part of town on my block where I live doesn't have adequate service period but I know it will improve its just a matter of me being patient lol...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

South Jersey is approaching the 2 year LTE anniversary. End of August 2013 was when we first got LTE in South Jersey.

how is the deployment going there

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

As i recall mount laurel was first site to get lte , i work around there for 3 years and was waiting with my note 2 that i just got lol , now we are on the note 5. One first map on sensorly and did most mapping in upper delware market too. No lie i though we be compltete by new 100 percent band 25 but still have legacy sote out there. Even dan hesse blames vendors , i blame lousy backhaul providers more.

As i recall mount laurel was first site to get lte , i work around there for 3 years and was waiting with my note 2 that i just got lol , now we are on the note 5. One first map on senaorly and did most in upper delware market 2.

I m heading to Delaware in 2 weeks...comon sprint

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

South Jersey is approaching the 2 year LTE anniversary. End of August 2013 was when we first got LTE in South Jersey.

I was in Ocean City, NJ the first week of July 2013 and had no Sprint service for a few days while on vacation there. I remember roaming on Verizon, then getting Sprint service back before I left. I'm guessing that's when they were replacing the old equipment with NV stuff.

Sent from my Note 4.

What about lewes beach...do they even have lte

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I would check out the Sensorly maps. They seem to be fairly accurate as far as LTE coverage is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

So i visit friends in princeton nj today. 4g was not great going up 295 band 26 was not great still underpower and i had toggle alot get back on lte. Now i see why sprint will not have volte anytime soon. Band 26 not even close ready for coverage .so much fone tuning needed.

So i visit friends in princeton nj today. 4g was not great going up 295 band 26 was not great still underpower and i had toggle alot get back on lte. Now i see why sprint will not have volte anytime soon. Band 26 not even close ready for coverage .so much fone tuning needed.

In new jersey it isnt to good ...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I use work mountlaurel been year now since i left and almost same coverage and band 26 not that much better.its like 4g drops to 3g all over place.

Due to new jersey being anal about cell tower involvement its not surprising

Due to new jersey being anal about cell tower involvement its not surprising

That's just an excuse. Sprint just hasn't bothered to expand in a lot of areas.

Sounds like my area, B26 is terrible and is just as strong as B25 it sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It be good when they figure it out but how long people going wait , if people keep dropping 3g all the time then they will go somewere else. I seen when band 26 and 41 is optimized is really good , i am kind of amazed how good i get band 41 at work.

hey guys i have a question...i pick up a really weak lte signal and then signal check pro says cdma is disabled while hooked up to that very far tower...what does that mean....

It be good when they figure it out but how long people going wait , if people keep dropping 3g all the time then they will go somewere else. I seen when band 26 and 41 is optimized is really good , i kind amazed how good i get band 41 at work.

Sounds like my area, B26 is terrible and is just as strong as B25 it sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

hey guys i have a question...i pick up a really weak lte signal and then signal check pro says cdma is disabled while hooked up to that very far tower...what does that mean....

Phones generally hook into LTE and stay connected to just LTE because it's easier on the radio and easier on battery life. LTE gets a special signal that tells it to disconnect and connect to CDMA for phone calls, which is circuit switch fallback.

Phones generally hook into LTE and stay connected to just LTE because it's easier on the radio and easier on battery life. LTE gets a special signal that tells it to disconnect and connect to CDMA for phone calls, which is circuit switch fallback.

But there is a huge hole for lte because of the non upgraded tower i finally got good pictures 7bb5df5cb12b6a366f41a4391acccde8.jpgef9913cb453a01f3030832d5c58e7bbe.jpg3d7fa2d8b9f83cc550bfef392cae0a01.jpgdb3bac472e12ad7d525cac32467dc1e6.jpg4121e1e4f15b3f8020cb502241a6c75a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk