Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

Backhaul upgrades are lacking every were. I know sprint got some new funds so hopely all backhaul will increase for 2 band 41 aggreation.they still need speed up fiber rest sites way over due.

here there is no lte on my block...it's only on the main highway and then it fades out...

• 2 weeks later...

honestly this is depressing... new jersey upgrades have slowed to a snails pace

Yeah there had been no upgrades around my area for a while now. Hopefully we start seeing it pick up again. We just gotta face it, Central/South Jersey are not major markets for them. There is much more important areas for them to be competitive in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah there had been no upgrades around my area for a while now. Hopefully we start seeing it pick up again. We just gotta face it, Central/South Jersey are not major markets for them. There is much more important areas for them to be competitive in.

it seems that sprint has gotten worse on my block
  • Like 1

I think you can make the argument they don't care about the entire state but Central and South a little more so. If you look at the LTE acceptance rates for the markets it's just sad. It's basically a prepaid market for them at this point. Given the population density you would think they could make a go of it. 

• Like 2

I think you can make the argument they don't care about the entire state but Central and South a little more so. If you look at the LTE acceptance rates for the markets it's just sad. It's basically a prepaid market for them at this point. Given the population density you would think they could make a go of it.

there hasn't been any upgrades here in quite awhile...they did a half assed job in my area....shit...my block doesn't even get lte...

My problem is they need to finish up nv 1.0 before they expand. But how sprint operates does not make sense on lot things. They are all over the place still 3 years later.

My problem is they need to finish up nv 1.0 before they expand. But how sprint operates does not make sense on lot things. They are all over the place still 3 years later.

I agree with you on that ....all the other towers are dual band voice and data but for 3 years mine is single band voice and 3G data ....no lte at all...none...

I agree with you on that ....all the other towers are dual band voice and data but for 3 years mine is single band voice and 3G data ....no lte at all...none...

There are a number of reasons for that but mainly, increased backhaul. If it's not in place, they won't turn on LTE. If the NV1.0 upgrades were done, as soon as the backhaul provider delivers the fiber, or a microwave connection can be made to another tower, LTE will be turned on.

Some of the comments above are also puzzling. How does anyone know the subscriber count for a particular market? I'm pretty sure I've never seen Sprint release anything like that. The only market that you can see those numbers is Shentel, as they routinely release their subscriber count for their footprint. I'll just remind you that anecdotal numbers don't really mean anything. Just because your friends may not have Sprint, doesn't mean "nobody" has Sprint in the area.

I know it's frustrating at times but hang in there and the upgrades will get done. Nothing is ever fast enough for us, but it'll come soon enough. And if you can't wait, I'm sure there's other carriers that you can try to see if they're any better.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 3

There are a number of reasons for that but mainly, increased backhaul. If it's not in place, they won't turn on LTE. If the NV1.0 upgrades were done, as soon as the backhaul provider delivers the fiber, or a microwave connection can be made to another tower, LTE will be turned on.

Some of the comments above are also puzzling. How does anyone know the subscriber count for a particular market? I'm pretty sure I've never seen Sprint release anything like that. The only market that you can see those numbers is Shentel, as they routinely release their subscriber count for their footprint. I'll just remind you that anecdotal numbers don't really mean anything. Just because your friends may not have Sprint, doesn't mean "nobody" has Sprint in the area.

I know it's frustrating at times but hang in there and the upgrades will get done. Nothing is ever fast enough for us, but it'll come soon enough. And if you can't wait, I'm sure there's other carriers that you can try to see if they're any better.

Sent from my Note 4.

I mean I love sprint and I want them to succeed but what about a tower that has only 3G nv upgrades but no lte or smr voice....and it hadn't been touched for 3 years what does that mean ?

I mean I love sprint and I want them to succeed but what about a tower that has only 3G nv upgrades but no lte or smr voice....and it hadn't been touched for 3 years what does that mean ?

Backhaul hasn't been increased enough to account for LTE. I'm not entirely sure why 1x800 hasn't been added, but it could be they only did a GMO install and didn't actually replace the antennas (only the base station). The legacy antennas can't support 800Mhz. It's hard to tell without someone going to the site. 

It's a GMO.

GMO sites either did not have the structural integration to support NV equipment, or it's just a low priority.

If it's still a GMO now, it's probably not going to change anytime soon. Complaining about it every 5 seconds will do nothing but get you banned.

• Like 3

Backhaul hasn't been increased enough to account for LTE. I'm not entirely sure why 1x800 hasn't been added, but it could be they only did a GMO install and didn't actually replace the antennas (only the base station). The legacy antennas can't support 800Mhz. It's hard to tell without someone going to the site. 

ok thats understandable i m curious as well but with sprint anything is possible....plus its a stealth site i ll just wait and see .....i cant wait 

ok thats understandable i m curious as well but with sprint anything is possible....plus its a stealth site i ll just wait and see .....i cant wait

Many stealth sites are GMOs. It may get converted eventually, but it'll probably be last on the agenda.

Sent from my Note 4.

Many stealth sites are GMOs. It may get converted eventually, but it'll probably be last on the agenda.

Sent from my Note 4.

i ll be waiting :0 when i see lte come on i ll be jumping for joy :)

Why is that? My in-laws tell me everybody in central jersey has VZW... 

honestly this is depressing... new jersey upgrades have slowed to a snails pace

You say that.  Yet the Northern Jersey market had nearly 30 upgrade updates last month.  More than most other markets.  And Central Jersey had a good showing with 13 updates.  It's still happening.  It's still happening significantly in your market.  They just obviously not gotten to your block yet.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/?p=429409

You're a Premier Sponsor.  You need to pay a little more attention to how the development is going in your market before you make incorrect blanket statements like that.

• Like 4

You say that.  Yet the Northern Jersey market had nearly 30 upgrade updates last month.  More than most other markets.  And Central Jersey had a good showing with 13 updates.  It's still happening.  It's still happening significantly in your market.  They just obviously not gotten to your block yet.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/?p=429409

You're a Premier Sponsor.  You need to pay a little more attention to how the development is going in your market before you make incorrect blanket statements like that.

ok i ll check into it 

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Jackson, NJ at Hurricane Harbor and my network experience was really good! There is one site that covers the whole park and is on park grounds. I arrived before any of the parks were open but people were already there filling up the parking lots. Speeds were 15 down and 9 up. In the middle of the day, when the park was at its most full I got speeds of 4 down and 1 up.

For one site that covers 2 theme parks and a safari, I'm surprised the site held up that well even at its busiest times.

Woodbridge is coated with band 25 and 26, well optimized as I had B26 inside a Walmart. Was impressed. Wegman's isn't too hot, only operating off Clear B41 and NV 3G. Apparently voice quality isn't too hot coming from inside the Wegmans.

Woodbridge is coated with band 25 and 26, well optimized as I had B26 inside a Walmart. Was impressed. Wegman's isn't too hot, only operating off Clear B41 and NV 3G. Apparently voice quality isn't too hot coming from inside the Wegmans.

that's not to far from me...that offers hope for me

In contrast, Southern Jersey market has had only 3 updates since March. People in Central and North Jersey markets should feel good about their markets' progress.

• Like 1

In contrast, Southern Jersey market has had only 3 updates since March. People in Central and North Jersey markets should feel good about their markets' progress.

Yea that's very true

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk