Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

Im actually surprised how quiet this thread gets, especially based on how crowded Jersey is. My area is still the same. Most has been upgraded to LTE but there's still those areas that drop to 3g like my home tower. The 3g is decent though, 1-1.5 Mbps.

my tower has gotten nothing and LTE is sporadic

Same thing lower delaware near beach , think they get moving near beach tmobile verizon and att all there for awhile. Guess i just stop looking for fast results. Long as they turn band 41 on. they just installed antennas 3 weeks ago getting ready .

Same thing lower delaware near beach , think they get moving near beach tmobile verizon and att all there for awhile. Guess i just stop looking for fast results. Long as they turn band 41 on. they just installed antennas 3 weeks ago getting ready .

there is band 41 all around me and my tower is just a basic 3g network vision tower......mine hasnt be touched in almost 3 years

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was last in Ocean City 2 years ago and had terrible roaming service on Verizon. I think they were replacing the equipment at the time. We came for the day today and all three bands are active here. What a difference!

For the locals: Had to have some Manco's pizza while I was here. I wish someone could make pizza like that around where I live.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

I was last in Ocean City 2 years ago and had terrible roaming service on Verizon. I think they were replacing the equipment at the time. We came for the day today and all three bands are active here. What a difference!

For the locals: Had to have some Manco's pizza while I was here. I wish someone could make pizza like that around where I live.

Sent from my Note 4.

where you able to hook up to smr

Yeah. I wasn't paying attention to which tower it was but I did notice it a couple times. There's only 2 towers here so I guess at least 1 of them has it.

Edit: I just connected to 800 again on the north end of the boardwalk so the more northern tower must have all 3 bands (it's not really a tower but antennas on a building). Not sure about the more southern tower.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

Yeah. I wasn't paying attention to which tower it was but I did notice it a couple times. There's only 2 towers here so I guess at least 1 of them has it.

Edit: I just connected to 800 again on the north end of the boardwalk so the more northern tower must have all 3 bands (it's not really a tower but antennas on a building). Not sure about the more southern tower.

Sent from my Note 4.

lucky you lol mine is just PCS for everything and no lte

lucky you lol mine is just PCS for everything and no lte

I'm sure your closest tower will get upgraded soon enough. I was on LTE for 90% of the trip from Philly to Ocean City, NJ. Only a part of the Atlantic City Expressway just had 3G. 

• Like 1

Nice to see you report some South Jersey B41. I have the same problem with a home tower not being upgraded from 3g but it's still nice to see some upgrading getting done in this area.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nice to see you report some South Jersey B41. I have the same problem with a home tower not being upgraded from 3g but it's still nice to see some upgrading getting done in this area.

We try to go there every year for at least a day. We really like the family atmosphere there. I didn't get there last year, but I was impressed at the difference 2 years made.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

mine is just network vision 3g..... is that a good sign though....even though it hasnt been touched for 3 years now

We try to go there every year for at least a day. We really like the family atmosphere there. I didn't get there last year, but I was impressed at the difference 2 years made.

Sent from my Note 4.

I'm sure your closest tower will get upgraded soon enough. I was on LTE for 90% of the trip from Philly to Ocean City, NJ. Only a part of the Atlantic City Expressway just had 3G. 

Network vision never on track to first plans , too many problems with backhaul providers and sites hard upgrade. They are on plan y now lol.

when i see that my tower has decent upgrades i ll be happy :)

• Like 2

I was at Johnson Park on Sunday for a BBQ, and it was awesome to see B41 and B26 coverage there. Had Spotify streaming for about 4 hours on a BT speaker with no hiccups. 

Fun time for all!

• Like 2

I was at Johnson Park on Sunday for a BBQ, and it was awesome to see B41 and B26 coverage there. Had Spotify streaming for about 4 hours on a BT speaker with no hiccups.

Fun time for all!

really that's great :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from Atlantic city from a 2 day stay. Ladies and gentleman band 41 is up and running. I stay at Cesar's but also went to Bally's and the Borgata. All had band 41 outside and band 25 inside. Unfortunately the new 8T8R radio was not optimized nor had the proper backhaul. The several speedtest I ran, the most I got for DL was 5 MB.

• Like 3

I just came back from Atlantic city from a 2 day stay. Ladies and gentleman band 41 is up and running. I stay at Cesar's but also went to Bally's and the Borgata. All had band 41 outside and band 25 inside. Unfortunately the new 8T8R radio was not optimized nor had the proper backhaul. The several speedtest I ran, the most I got for DL was 5 MB.

well at least they are improving ....just give it time and where in new jersey are you from....

Backhaul upgrades are lacking every were. I know sprint got some new funds so hopely all backhaul will increase for 2 band 41 aggreation.they still need speed up fiber rest sites way over due.