Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

I don't know where in East Brunswick you live, but I was there a couple of days ago visiting a relative who's unfortunately in a long-term care facility off of Cranbury Road (CR 535) and that seems to be an almost dead spot (which is the complete opposite for how coverage is driving along Route 18).  Occasionally I'll get 1 or 2 bars of 3G (or it'll switch over to 1X), and sometimes it will roam onto Verizon.  I think the closest tower from that place is the one off the Turnpike, and according to the sponsor maps it's still a legacy tower.  Not sure if that's the closest tower from your place.

the closest one to me is by the brunswick square mall its a stealth site and i usually have 3G but sometimes roam on to verizon but the signal has had some noticeable improvements

I'm getting sporadic 4G signal in the 3 to 5 bar range in my living room in Hillsborough. It can't be long now before it's official.

I would think that our market will officially be launched soon.  I don't know what the exact threshold of LTE sites accepted that would make that happen (or POPs), but it can't be much longer.  Though to be realistic, the current "polar vortex" can't be helping things all that much.

Also, is there any other way to figure out which specific sites get accepted for LTE or 3G (from legacy)?  It's considerably easier when there are multiple sites that get accepted in a report, but a little bit of a challenge if it's, say, just 1 site acceptance in any given market.  I wasn't sure if there was some sort of automation that would help indicate whether a site is newly accepted and then after the subsequent update, those pin colors would revert to what they are on the legend.

I apologize if this has been answered in advance.  If there isn't anything that can be done, then taking a current screenshot of whatever part of the map is needed and using that to compare future acceptance reports will do just fine.  Thanks in advance!

Lte acceptance going up fast . Delaware and south jersey started same time . De only at 20 towers lte . Southjersey just did that in a week.

Delaware may have even started a little earlier... In fairness there are more sites in South Jersey. Still 20 LTE acceptances in one week would be awesome in Delaware.

I would think that our market will officially be launched soon.  I don't know what the exact threshold of LTE sites accepted that would make that happen (or POPs), but it can't be much longer.  Though to be realistic, the current "polar vortex" can't be helping things all that much.

Also, is there any other way to figure out which specific sites get accepted for LTE or 3G (from legacy)?  It's considerably easier when there are multiple sites that get accepted in a report, but a little bit of a challenge if it's, say, just 1 site acceptance in any given market.  I wasn't sure if there was some sort of automation that would help indicate whether a site is newly accepted and then after the subsequent update, those pin colors would revert to what they are on the legend.

For a market to be considered for an official launch, they have to surpase 40% POPs coverage, and have the center of the main city covered. For Jersey... not sure how that'd work. Maybe just a POPs thing for your area.

As far as recently updated, there's now a map for that! Check the NV Sites Complete thread, and scroll down a couple posts.

For a market to be considered for an official launch, they have to surpase 40% POPs coverage, and have the center of the main city covered. For Jersey... not sure how that'd work. Maybe just a POPs thing for your area.

As far as recently updated, there's now a map for that! Check the NV Sites Complete thread, and scroll down a couple posts.

here in east brunswick central jersey network vision is in full swing

I gotcha.  Well Camden, NJ is the first "market" in NJ to officially be launched, and since it looks like all of the sites there are 4G accepted, that would make sense.  I'm hoping whatever city in the Central Jersey market "launches" soon, because I've come across a couple of towers that have been 3G/4G accepted for months now yet still can't get an LTE signal from them.  Or maybe they'll be live as soon as the market is launched?

And I just saw the new map!  That helps me (and I'm sure plenty others) a great deal.  Looking forward to seeing more yellow and green pins in Jersey soon (less red pins and legacy dots, too).

This is at the Walmart/Office Depot on Route 1 in North Brunswick. Not sure if this is live or just testing, but I think this is from the tower not too far away near the Rt 1/130 exit.  The tower is still being shown as 3G, so I'm hoping to see it in the list of LTE acceptances soon.

post-12952-0-08385100-1390928517_thumb.jpg

This is at the Walmart/Office Depot on Route 1 in North Brunswick. Not sure if this is live or just testing, but I think this is from the tower not too far away near the Rt 1/130 exit.  The tower is still being shown as 3G, so I'm hoping to see it in the list of LTE acceptances soon.

I was in the area on Saturday, and picked up that tower. Unfortunately once I turned down 130 and drove to the Shoprite, coverage dropped to <1 bar, roaming.

They really need to bring 800mhz onair there.

I was in the area on Saturday, and picked up that tower. Unfortunately once I turned down 130 and drove to the Shoprite, coverage dropped to <1 bar, roaming.

i ve noticed that sprint deployed 800 smr voice on a tower nearby

Yeah, every once in a while I'll go to that Shoprite and I notice the same thing that you do.  It appears that there's a tower that would be better served for that area (which is just north of there on 130), but it's a legacy site.  So just having it brought to NV would be a great help (but even better of course with 800).  It's just good that there's a tower in North Brunswick that's on (and it happens to serve a couple of strip malls and the Shoppes across Route 1).

I'm getting sporadic 4G signal in the 3 to 5 bar range in my living room in Hillsborough. It can't be long now before it's official.

For the past few days there has been work going on at the site on Rt. 206 South near Camplain Rd. Not sure if it's Sprint for sure as all the carriers seem to be on it but I'm hoping since it's one of the turd sites. 

Over the past week the 4G signal has been getting stronger.  I'm consistently getting 3-5 bars in the house.  I also got a SMS from Sprint notifying of network improvements.

do you have a triband device ?

so my tower is broadcasting band 25 LTE but the signal is bad its giving off -112DBM is this pre testing? :rasp:

Since you're a sponsor, you can see on the map if the closest site to you has been LTE accepted.  Is that the case?  Also, about how far are you from it?  My nearby tower is only 3G accepted but it's broadcasting one bar of LTE.  I'm not even 1/4 mile away from the site, and I only get one bar of LTE, so I know they're still in the testing phase of things.

Over the past week the 4G signal has been getting stronger.  I'm consistently getting 3-5 bars in the house.  I also got a SMS from Sprint notifying of network improvements.

Which SMS did you get?  Was it the one that said "Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area"?  If so, pretty much everyone got it.  Even in markets that are FAR from completion, so take it with a grain of salt.  This site is the best resource to figure out how far along the rollout is where you live.

Hey, all:

Was poking around the Virgin Mobile coverage map (they use Sprint) and got a surprise today. It looks like Camden and Burlington Counties now have LTE! I double checked Sprint's actual site and it seemed to confirm this.

Can anyone back this up, or am I still hung over from last weekend?

Hey, all:

Was poking around the Virgin Mobile coverage map (they use Sprint) and got a surprise today. It looks like Camden and Burlington Counties now have LTE! I double checked Sprint's actual site and it seemed to confirm this.

Can anyone back this up, or am I still hung over from last weekend?

Camden and Burlington counties DO have LTE, but it's not complete yet.  There are still a number of sites in both counties that have yet to have LTE turned on.

• Like 1