Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

Sitting here with my fiance on our day off.  She just looked over and said "4G?" 

It's not the first time she's had it, but it has never been in or around the Trenton/Mercer County NJ area before.  

I looked, and it's true!  For her at least....  Despite all my attempts my phone wouldn't connect yet.  Still on 3G

I ran a speedtest on her phone and she had pretty 3G-ish DL speeds of 300KBs  but UL blasted to 15MBs!!!

I still have nothing.... Guess they're testing the towers!!!

Effing finally!

p.s.  She doesn't truly understand my joy here and she had to run some errands before I could get a screen grab.  I'll try to post as soon as I have one from her or myself.  What's up TRENTON!!

Edited by toastedjelly
  • Like 1

Sitting here with my fiance on our day off.  She just looked over and said "4G?" 

It's not the first time she's had it, but it has never been in or around the Trenton/Mercer County NJ area before.  

I looked, and it's true!  For her at least....  Despite all my attempts my phone wouldn't connect yet.  Still on 3G

I ran a speedtest on her phone and she had pretty 3G-ish DL speeds of 300KBs  but UL blasted to 15MBs!!!

I still have nothing.... Guess they're testing the towers!!!

Effing finally!

p.s.  She doesn't truly understand my joy here and she had to run some errands before I could get a screen grab.  I'll try to post as soon as I have one from her or myself.  What's up TRENTON!!

Sounds like they are testing it.... 

Been having real problems with the signal in Mt. Laurel, in Eastgate by the Home Depot, corner of Lenola and Nixon.  I pull into the parking lot and the signal jumps from 3 to 4G and back again.  The speed jumps from 0.02 to 5.60 Mbps.  Last night I couldn't even run a test, came up connection issues.  This has been going on for a month, seems ridiculous to ruin the network while claiming they are improving it.

If history tells me anything. This means I should have legit Sprint LTE in 08619 in.....2-3 years..

I don't know about that. The very first 4G signals picked up in my market (Philadelphia) were in March 2013, and it was officially launched less than 6 months later. Obviously results vary, but once they start rolling it out, coverage tends to come in clumps. Now if by legit you expect a blanket covering 100% of the area then you might be right. But you shouldn't be surprised to see your 4G experience improve fairly quickly from here on out.

I see all three parts of NJ are merged, not sure why, those weirdos in South Jersey are their own country :P

All jokes aside, I'm glad that LTE is slowly creeping its way through northern NJ. My cousin just moved back from Chicago, and complains daily.

His exact words "what's this 3G BS on my iPhone, I'm used to LTE".

• Like 1

are they live with lte

Aren't you a sponsor?  You can see which sites have been 4G accepted on the map.  And seeing that he did map them with Sensorly, it does show that they are up.  Of course, it's entirely possible they could be testing those sites, too.