Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

That's what I expected. I've been with them since 2007 and other than some Nextel sites coverage has never been expanded in my areas. Probably time to move on. Too much 3G still and too often service that isn't useable in buildings. The pitfalls of doing business with a company that never seems to have any money I guess.

Yea an iPhone 5 is not reflective of Sprint's performance in the slightest. Without Band 26, I can imagine there would be drops to 3G all the time. Try a newer phone (one with CA if possible). I'm confident your impression of Sprint will be changed dramatically.

Yea an iPhone 5 is not reflective of Sprint's performance in the slightest. Without Band 26, I can imagine there would be drops to 3G all the time. Try a newer phone (one with CA if possible). I'm confident your impression of Sprint will be changed dramatically.

I have the lg stylo 2 and even though lte is creeping to my house it still isn't there yet...band 26 is very weak but it works and is more consistent

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Sorry about that but the phone in my profile is wrong. I'm using an iPhone 6S Plus. The reality is that Sprint has neglected the market for so long now that a ton of work needs to be done and they don't have the resources to do it. The LTE rollout isn't even complete. You would think a densely populated state like NJ wouldn't be that hard to cover. Luckily I just went out of contract last month so I'm not obligated to stay.

Sorry about that but the phone in my profile is wrong. I'm using an iPhone 6S Plus. The reality is that Sprint has neglected the market for so long now that a ton of work needs to be done and they don't have the resources to do it. The LTE rollout isn't even complete. You would think a densely populated state like NJ wouldn't be that hard to cover. Luckily I just went out of contract last month so I'm not obligated to stay.

along the i95 corridor LTE for most parts is consistent with LTE and some parts are 3G or no service

I would look at AT&T or Verizon. If you are not happy with Sprint coverage, then you will most likely not be happy T-mobile either. Of course, that is only my opinion.

• 4 months later...

To my surprise, the last tower around me without LTE just got LTE. I mapped it on Sensorly. It's on the NJ turnpike north of exit 7 but below 195 right behind the rest stop on the water tower. Only problem I have is there are still areas around me without LTE. And the areas with LTE are a weak B26. Hopefully Sprint will continue to improve this area.

4C81D2F8-649F-4438-B103-85EE55F9719C.JPG

• Like 2

To my surprise, the last tower around me without LTE just got LTE. I mapped it on Sensorly. It's on the NJ turnpike north of exit 7 but below 195 right behind the rest stop on the water tower. Only problem I have is there are still areas around me without LTE. And the areas with LTE are a weak B26. Hopefully Sprint will continue to improve this area.

Sprint needs to fix NJ in its entirety

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It seems that almost all the New Jersey people that had posted here have left Sprint. I'm I the only one here still on Sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that almost all the New Jersey people that had posted here have left Sprint. I'm I the only one here still on Sprint?

Yes unfortunately you are. I have seen miniscule improvement with Sprint on my block and if they improve I may go back to them.

N

Nope still plenty around, but there either ok with there service left or stopped tracking.

N

Nope still plenty around, but there either ok with there service left or stopped tracking.

It feels like the upgrades for GMOs have stopped

I personally switched to Verizon when they came out with their unlimited plan. In NYC Sprint was great but in NJ it needed much improvement. So far so good with Verizon but Sprint has improved A LOT in NYC and hopefully they continue to do so.

I personally switched to Verizon when they came out with their unlimited plan. In NYC Sprint was great but in NJ it needed much improvement. So far so good with Verizon but Sprint has improved A LOT in NYC and hopefully they continue to do so.

I switch to Verizon myself much better than Sprint on my block. The GMO site still hasn't been upgraded near me so service is still very poor data is even worse. But in the rest of town. Sprint pretty good

GMO's everywhere are beginning to see upgrades finally..

My Township though is very tough with cell phone carriers and all the upgrades they need to do so they might never get to upgrade that Tower

Maybe the network will be better for you now. Lol. All jokes aside. I hope sprint does something

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So true. I finally gave up though. After a bit more than 8 years they still couldn't manage to expand coverage in any way whatsoever. Too many highly developed areas with sub par coverage or service.

Decided to see what T-Mobile is like and if they don't work we'll switch over to Verizon. It's only been a few days but it's more or less a lateral move coverage wise though T-Mobile has been adding new sites which means they care about the market. The big difference is how useable the signal is. The other day I had one bar of 4G but webpages loaded in a second or two. A similar Sprint signal would've been unusable. Sprint does offer roaming but I've found it useless the past few years. And of course it's nice to have VoLTE now instead of waiting another year or two. 

• Like 2

So true. I finally gave up though. After a bit more than 8 years they still couldn't manage to expand coverage in any way whatsoever. Too many highly developed areas with sub par coverage or service.

Decided to see what T-Mobile is like and if they don't work we'll switch over to Verizon. It's only been a few days but it's more or less a lateral move coverage wise though T-Mobile has been adding new sites which means they care about the market. The big difference is how useable the signal is. The other day I had one bar of 4G but webpages loaded in a second or two. A similar Sprint signal would've been unusable. Sprint does offer roaming but I've found it useless the past few years. And of course it's nice to have VoLTE now instead of waiting another year or two.

I have Sprint Prepaid now and after all the years they start Network Vision here I still don't have LTE on my house I have to go out to the street to get it CDMA band 10 is nonexistent pretty much don't know why. But on the main Highway the band 41 coverage has improved quite a bit

Yeah. They really have a lot of work to do in Central Jersey especially with the other carriers not standing still for the past number of years. The budget just isn't there I guess. 

Yeah. They really have a lot of work to do in Central Jersey especially with the other carriers not standing still for the past number of years. The budget just isn't there I guess.

Yes that's true I guess you don't have a budget anymore and with Verizon offering unlimited data Sprint's in serious trouble. So they have less money to work with and their debt load is huge. So I guess Sprint has a very uncertain future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it looks like they have done some cdma refarming
  • Like 1

it looks like they have done some cdma refarming

Their doing that everywhere that they can. I think it's a great move. I don't know their holdings there

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk