Network Vision/LTE - Central and South Jersey Markets

mrradic

i live in the heart of central jersery market, i was wondering if anyone else in this area has seen any NV work being done on any towers any where in this market. i do alot of driving around and havent seen anything. I see they are still making progress but just wanted to actually see some work in progress on a tower to see the equipment first hand. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

When I pulled into my parking lot at work today in Camden, NJ (across the river from Philly), I had a full 4G signal. I took this screenshot when I was in the lobby of my building. I wonder if this market is next to go live.

post-6552-0-87862100-1366646284_thumb.png

• Like 2

The signal most likely came across the river from Philly. LTE work has not started in South Jersey market yet. But probably will in the next month or two.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

That's what I was figuring. More interesting is that the tower (or towers) responsible seem to be switching on and off. I had no 4G Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, but it re-appeared Tuesday afternoon.

I'm guessing they're doing post-install checkouts and will eventually turn them on and leave them on. Good to see it is progressing, though :)

• Like 1

Major Tower Events ... not quite sure what that means In Philadelphia just a tad north of center city.... which have been going on.for sometime... apparently .. data is faster although my voice was effected for a while Sprint gave me 25 $ [per line off my bill for 2months] I can only hope when i get my new phone G4 , it is working nice as I have been holding on wimax I need to be able to talk , read emails. , documents for my job....

• Like 1

I live in Piscataway. I assuming NV update is complete or half way here as I get good speed with my S3. Just wait for LTE I just get different answer three times I called.

well if there is upgrades in the area will i notice an increase the signal because the QOS with them on my block is practically zero

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out the best "market" forum for South Jersey. Since the towers id Themselves as "Philadelphia" market. I have been following that thread. I consider South Jersey Philly metro. Having said that I will now also monitor this thread. I live in North Wildwood, and eat often at the Dragon house Chinese restaurant. It is at the corner of Pacific and Lincoln avenue. Right across the street is a an old NJ Bell office. They have a tower their. The sprint network vision map shows a voice update. I can confirm that service on 3g in building increased by about 500%, no 4g signal, but Im hoping.

South Jersey is a 3rd round market, I dont expect to see any lte for at least another 6mo. Luckily I live close to enough to philly that I can pick up a bit during my commute.

well this was posted in the Philly market, I dont know what to make of it

There are sites that have been fully lit with just T1 backhaul (Delaware Avenue across from Pier 70 comes to mind) so the process is moving.

Onto other news, my company is now focusing on South and Central Jersey with the majority of the work that still have to be done is new fiber construction, which slows things down considerably. We are focusing mostly on coastal communities and several of those sites have directional LTE arrays (the one site in particular in Margate has all three LTE attennas on a rack together all facing towards Wildwood instead of AC.) Philly itself has taken a slight back burner temporarily since Sprint and Alcatel-Lucent wants those sites on yesterday!!

@s4gru from another post you told me that the completed percentage for central jersey would def have to be higher than %40 to go live due to the density in this area, so it is possible that alot of sites have been upgraded but sprint isnt flipping the switch because the coverage would be way to spotty?

On a side note for anyone, anywhere in Jersey our state is not the easiest when it comes to pulling and receiving permits, getting road closures to dig and add fiber, getting town, county state permission, that with the delays from the lovely hurricane Sandy last year im sure is not making Sprints life easy in New Jersey.

Did a bit of mapping today, it mostly looks like bleedover from philly (Glo City/Camden) but at least its something ;)

Did a bit of mapping today, it mostly looks like bleedover from philly (Glo City/Camden) but at least its something ;)

About 3 weeks ago, I carried/mapped LTE over the Betsy Ross Bridge, down Rt 90 to Rt 73,and then maybe another 1/2 mile south of there. It's definitely carrying over the river, but the connection in the Pennsauken area was good enough for speeds in the 2-4 Mbps range.

Also, I was in the Winslow/Hammonton area on Wednesday when I picked up a "phantom" LTE signal on my EVO according to the SignalCheck Pro app. I've used the app long enough to know that there's a reason for the phantom signal...pretty sure it's a locked LTE signal for testing purposes. I was picking up similar phantom signals around my neighborhood in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia shortly before seeing LTE towers go live. I'm definitely not saying any towers are going live soon, but it looks to me like there is activity in the area.

For the record, the area where the signal showed up was along Rt 561 @ Rt 143 just south of Ancora State Hospital.

LTE is live in Old Bridge New Jersey only 10 mins from me network vision is scheduled to start in my area soon and also its live along route 516 ! i m happy i mapped it on sensorly and i even have a screen shot :)

LTE is live in Old Bridge New Jersey only 10 mins from me network vision is scheduled to start in my area soon and also its live along route 516 ! i m happy i mapped it on sensorly and i even have a screen shot :)

quick ? how do u know its scheduled to start in ur area soon, im in the northern part of the  county and am waiting for some NV love!

Hello all i have a few questions... why is there only one network vision tower in my town and the rest are all legacy towers why is all the towers besides that one legacy towers my internet speeds are that of a 56 k dial up modem if not worse ... the coverage is horrible can someone please give me a idea of whats happenening in my area thanks a bunch dan lodish

Hello all i have a few questions... why is there only one network vision tower in my town and the rest are all legacy towers why is all the towers besides that one legacy towers my internet speeds are that of a 56 k dial up modem if not worse ... the coverage is horrible can someone please give me a idea of whats happenening in my area thanks a bunch dan lodish

where exactly is your area?

Glad to see with the recent deployment update that central and northern NJ have mad %10 progress since last month.  %10 a month is a pretty good rate.  I havent seen any LTE in my area yet, but i have def gotten some much better 3G speeds at some of the towers i spend alot of time near at or over 1mbps d/l.  And i seem to be getting a very consistent 3+ bars everywhere i have been.  Not sure if LTE will be live around here before August but i checked Sensorly and see that when we goto Disney World in August i will def get to experience it all over the resort,,, Cant wait.

Robert love the updates, keep up the great work!