Evo LTE serious problems or bull?

gangrene

So far I'm very happy with the update. Seems to have solved my spontaneous rebooting issue. I have to say its strange that after all the complaining about having to wait for Jelley bean that nobody has mention that the EVO was the first HTC One device stateside to get the update. That should put to bed any doubts about Sprints commitment to the EVO line.

• Like 4

I'm just getting LTE here but I got a taste of the connection issues other were having. The update I believe solved all of it. My phone connects within seconds of entering a deployment area. Tonight as a test I started running CM10 and had the same experience with fast connect.

Was also able to run sensorly on 3G and have it connect to LTE and record with no issues

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

I was a little worried about my Evo as I could not pick up LTE were it had been previously detected. I would sit in a deployed area for up to 15 minutes while cycling airplane mode with no results. Then yesterday i picked up LTE without having to cycle at all. No connection issues at all!

Here's my bull from the EVO LTE ;)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__97262

Funny part is from the post above, the site she is located exactly 1 mile from is now LTE enabled. She said she saw it switch to 4G when she got of the car this morning but went to roaming when she went in the building. I saw the usage today, 2 kilobytes of 4G used and racked up another 6 meg or so of roaming. Pretty funny if you ask me. And no, there are no other sites that will cover this area even after 100% of them are LTE upgraded.

Also had a member that couldn't get LTE right next to the site even after cycling airplane mode, he had to force it to LTE only to finally snag it.

Here's my bull from the EVO LTE ;)

http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__97262

Funny part is from the post above, the site she is located exactly 1 mile from is now LTE enabled. She said she saw it switch to 4G when she got of the car this morning but went to roaming when she went in the building. I saw the usage today, 2 kilobytes of 4G used and racked up another 6 meg or so of roaming. Pretty funny if you ask me. And no, there are no other sites that will cover this area even after 100% of them are LTE upgraded.

Also had a member that couldn't get LTE right next to the site even after cycling airplane mode, he had to force it to LTE only to finally snag it.

Maybe the building was blocking the signal? Also are you sure that no other tower will cover that area?(assuming you are talking about my post).

No I was talking about the example. Signal is bad outside too. Just had RF design of the network for that area combined with a poor performing phone.

Sent from my little Note2

Ahhhh. I do have to say that I am satisfied with my reception. Maybe I had comparably underperforming phones before. Edited by centermedic
  • Like 1

Ahhhh. I do have to say that I am satisfied with my reception. Maybe I had comparably underperforming phones before.

Same here, I haven't had any issues with my evo's RF performance at all.

What was the name of the app in the market to force it on LTE only? I know about the code. Just wondering about the other way

Sent From EVO LTE

in your dialpad mark *#*#4636#*#* choose phone info, roll down and chage the otionto LTE only

So the worse thing happened today. My girlfriend went to Sprint and asked for an early upgrade and got the Note 2. Why is that bad? Because as much as I thought my LTE had improved with the update a month or so ago, to see it next to the Note was a slap on the face. I haven't had a chance to play with it but her Note picked up and held the LTE signal far longer that my LTE. Longer as in miles. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet with Sprint but I'm pissed of course. My girl says she thinks the phone is too big so she is willing to trade but I don't want her to have an inferior phone either.

Makes me wonder how good my coverage might be.

The Note2 LTE coverage is downright crazy. I keep accidentally picking up a site that is about 7 miles from one location. Pulls about 3 mbit on download.Saw another random Sensorly dot on the south side of town. Sure enough. Same site about 5 miles away. That site isnt some crazy guyed antenna boomer either. A monopole site in the middle section of town.

• Like 5

The Note2 LTE coverage is downright crazy. I keep accidentally picking up a site that is about 7 miles from one location. Pulls about 3 mbit on download.Saw another random Sensorly dot on the south side of town. Sure enough. Same site about 5 miles away. That site isnt some crazy guyed antenna boomer either. A monopole site in the middle section of town.

I know you guys have been talking about it well before I found this sight and it's not like I didn't believe what you guys were saying, but when you see it side by side it's unbelievable. I'm looking at my phone and I'm like you got to be kidding me.

Compared to my wife's S3 it's similar in most cases or acceptable. I have noticed at our house she'll get 4G throughout while mine will go in and out of 4g. It's definitely better and more consistent than it has been and it's pretty much in line with how her phone performs so I'm satisfied. I'm sure it'll improve once our city launches.

I can't really complain yet about LTE connectivity as my area is still "under construction"....

That being said, I think once more towers are up and running, perhaps nearing 100% completion, the issue with the EVO will be minimal....or.... until then, there might be some more attempts by HTC/Sprint to release and update to improve LTE connectivity.

So the worse thing happened today. My girlfriend went to Sprint and asked for an early upgrade and got the Note 2. Why is that bad? Because as much as I thought my LTE had improved with the update a month or so ago, to see it next to the Note was a slap on the face. I haven't had a chance to play with it but her Note picked up and held the LTE signal far longer that my LTE. Longer as in miles. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet with Sprint but I'm pissed of course. My girl says she thinks the phone is too big so she is willing to trade but I don't want her to have an inferior phone either.

Makes me wonder how good my coverage might be.

If your girl wants to trade go ahead. One its your girlfriend so both of u will have access to each other phones anyway. Second because that's not a bad trade regardless.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

If your girl wants to trade go ahead. One its your girlfriend so both of u will have access to each other phones anyway. Second because that's not a bad trade regardless.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Well I'm not sure she should get stuck with an inferior phone either. If it was my son that might be a different story because his need for data is limited so that may make more sense. I just got off the phone with Sprint about 15 min ago. They wanted me to pay 250 early upgrade. Needless to say I didn't take that well

Well I'm not sure she should get stuck with an inferior phone either. If it was my son that might be a different story because his need for data is limited so that may make more sense. I just got off the phone with Sprint about 15 min ago. They wanted me to pay 250 early upgrade. Needless to say I didn't take that well

You could easily sell the EVO for that much. Jump on it before a new Sprint variant is announced.

Also, if you don't mind, could you do a video comparing the two phones in terms of coverage and speed? I'm curious to see for myself, as I'm sure a lot of us are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I know you guys have been talking about it well before I found this sight and it's not like I didn't believe what you guys were saying, but when you see it side by side it's unbelievable. I'm looking at my phone and I'm like you got to be kidding me.

I don't know if its fair to compare a phablet to a phone. I have heard that the Note 2 is even significantly better than the S3 when it comes to LTE reception.