4G LTE not working in Wichita KS

dueces1

A tad off topic but after reporting that I could not get an LTE signal from WT03XC027 I think it has gone down completely. Normally I have a strong signal at my house for 3g and voice but now both are very weak and intermittent.

Perhaps there is a more serious problem with the site other than LTE being blocked. I wouldn't think that they would normally have to take the site down to unblock LTE... correct?

• Like 1

A tad off topic but after reporting that I could not get an LTE signal from WT03XC027 I think it has gone down completely. Normally I have a strong signal at my house for 3g and voice but now both are very weak and intermittent. Perhaps there is a more serious problem with the site other than LTE being blocked. I wouldn't think that they would normally have to take the site down to unblock LTE... correct?

Yes. I think you may be on to something.

Robert

Yes. I think you may be on to something.

Robert

Well I'm happy to report that WT03XC027 (13th and West area) seems to be back up and running for voice at least. My data service right around the corner from this site is still extremely slow so I have to think that they are still having issues with that.

• Like 1

I love the new path on Sensorly that shows someone using Sprint LTE on Sensorly on the 1R/19L runway out at KICT on both an approach and take off. Good stuff!

http://sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=wichita,kansas

Robert

• Like 3

FYI, tonight I received a scripted callback on my tickets I opened last week. All I was told was there was a known problem with LTE on those sites with no estimated repair time. She couldn't tell me more and definitely wasn't in-the-know.

Until then, hit and miss signals. This weekend I found Sensorly "locking" on an unusable signal for some distance. I don't know what the threshold is, but I've found it mapping 4G when I had RSRP at -116 and the phone was on 3G. Other times my phone will stay on 3G while Sensorly is running and I can drive right up to a known-live tower but the phone won't switch to 4G until I stop mapping. I know they've updated a few times the past few days--hopefully it's fixed. Maybe just an isolated fluke.

Still no LTE signal coming out of WT03XC027 (13th and West area). :( I'm wondering if I should call sprint and ask for an update to make sure the ticket is still open. I wish I wouldn't have lost the ticket number though...

I was going to open a ticket on the first three the next tine I called. Glad to see it's already been done.

Have you gotten any LTE issues fixed by opening a ticket?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I love the new path on Sensorly that shows someone using Sprint LTE on Sensorly on the 1R/19L runway out at KICT on both an approach and take off. Good stuff!

http://sensorly.com/...=wichita,kansas

I just want to say that I disavow any knowledge of that activity. Though I have lived in Kansas for many years, I have never flown into or out of ICT.

As for my experimental cellphone usage into or out of other airports, I can neither confirm nor deny those rumors.

AJ

• Like 3

I was going to open a ticket on the first three the next tine I called. Glad to see it's already been done.

Have you gotten any LTE issues fixed by opening a ticket?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing has changed based on my tickets. I know that the last two of those towers are not listed as being accepted by Sprint per S4GRU, but I did that to see if I'd get any different story on a still-legacy site vs an upgraded site from which I've received LTE in the past. Unfortunately the stories didn't vary much.

Guys, is opening tickets really worth the "trouble"? The sites will be made accessible, at the very latest, within a few weeks. In the meantime, you are just adding to the bureaucratic backlog.

:td:

AJ

Guys, is opening tickets really worth the "trouble"? The sites will be made accessible, at the very latest, within a few weeks. In the meantime, you are just adding to the bureaucratic backlog.

AJ

Overall, I agree. My reasoning behind it was the tower nearest my house causes my phone to pick up 4G, then lose data altogether for as long as 40 minutes before going back to 3G. Never happens anywhere else in 3G or LTE areas. I offload when I can in the area (like at home), but its a pain when I don't have reliable data service without forcing the phone into CDMA-only.

The other towers tickets, though may be interpreted as abusive since they haven't even been upgraded yet, were just a control to see if I would get a different answer compared to a "live" tower. I didn't, which tells me what is being done (if anything) is behind the scenes and out of reach of customers like me.

AJ

I don't know that that is true. Sprint already shows these sites as active according to their coverage chart. If we, their customers, don't let them know that sites that they claim to be working aren't then how will they know.

I don't know that that is true. Sprint already shows these sites as active according to their coverage chart. If we, their customers, don't let them know that sites that they claim to be working aren't then how will they know.

For whatever reason, Sprint marketing does not know that the sites are not accessible. But, trust me, Sprint engineering is aware. So, you are not likely telling Sprint anything that it does not already know. Now, why marketing and engineering are so disconnected on this issue and why that problem has not been corrected are the proverbial $64,000 questions. Sprint would be wise to own up to S4GRU about the LTE coverage mapping issue, but I doubt that we will ever know the reasons why. The good news is that the issue will go away relatively quickly as more and more sites become live and accessible.

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

I'm with VM at the moment, considering making the jump to Sprint in order to get LTE.

Based on the maps over on Sensorly, it looks like coverage has greatly improved, especially on the east side of town. I don't have ground truth other than those maps, but I would say its safe to make the jump to LTE. Coverage will only get better over the next couple months.

• Like 2

For whatever reason' date=' Sprint marketing does not know that the sites are not accessible. But, trust me, Sprint engineering is aware. Now, why marketing and engineering are so disconnected on this issue and why that problem has not been corrected are the proverbial 64,000 questions. Sprint would be wise to own up to S4GRU about the LTE coverage mapping issue

AJ[/quote']

True.

The good news is that the issue will go away relatively quickly as more and more sites become live and accessible.

AJ

However the site in hesston,.KS is still being blocked after 4+ weeks with multiple tickets on the tower lol.

Sent from my Evo LTE or SSGS3 using Forum Runner

I pick it up more and more places but I'm really thinking there's a problem with the EVO. There's threads on xda about it. Even when I pick it up at my house, usually by forcing lte only or airplane mode the speed has been bad. I used to get 10+ down and just now I got .57 Mbps down tethering to my laptop with a -108 signal. I'd like to test out another phone to see if its the tower or my phone.

I pick it up more and more places but I'm really thinking there's a problem with the EVO. There's threads on xda about it. Even when I pick it up at my house, usually by forcing lte only or airplane mode the speed has been bad. I used to get 10+ down and just now I got .57 Mbps down tethering to my laptop with a -108 signal. I'd like to test out another phone to see if its the tower or my phone.

I've run into a few instances in town where the speeds even with good signal has dropped down to sprint 3g speeds. Such as sub megabit with -90 rsrp. It has fixed itself after a couple days tho.

I'm using a GS3 btw.

Normally, a speed like that would be attributed to a very weak signal. However, if you are getting that speed with that signal (which is fair, not great but not poor) than it may be an issue with the tower. I would try a different tower and see if you still get that result.

The issues with the EVO LTE have been discussed extensively on this site, it is well acknowledged that there is an issue. Once all of the towers are completed, it should be less noticeable.