Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Just curious, what's the difference if any between Sprint Spark vs Sprint's LTE Plus?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Spark was the initial tri-band network with band 41. LTE Plus is carrier aggregation on band 41.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in San Diego again after a long time last week and I was not really impressed with the speeds. Still had a lot of times 3G on my iPhone 6s and speeds were slow. We traveled from the Airport to Lakeside, and Vijeas (which paid essentially for my trip) and back and along the 52, I was more in 3G as 4G. Sprint really needs B26 running soon because the canyons kill the service.

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded to LG G5 from G3. Now able to get B41 x2 inside my home. Not all the time. But looking good.

On another note, not very many postings on this site lately. Everybody happy or things have slowed down in improvements? Everyone waiting for LTE 800?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Upgraded to LG G5 from G3. Now able to get B41 x2 inside my home. Not all the time. But looking good.

On another note, not very many postings on this site lately. Everybody happy or things have slowed down in improvements? Everyone waiting for LTE 800?

That's the case for me anyway. When my parents (who are still on Sprint) last came over around a month ago, my dad got very weak B25 on his Samsung phone while my mom's iPhone 6 was stuck on 3G, so there's still improvement that needs to happen there. I get the feeling that it'll take a while, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Pretty satisfied, except for horrendous upload speeds at home, and a few other areas with B25.

Things seemed to have slowed down in expansion generally speaking on Sprint, and actually on T-Mobile too, T4GRU is a ghost town. Sprint drastically reduced CapEx for 2016, and any expansion they do will likely be pushed back to 2017 - right now it's holding pattern style. T-Mobile is still expanding a large amount, but just minimally to get LTE upgrades done and establish minimum service it seems - they're holding on to their money for the 600mhz auction. 

Things seemed to have slowed down in expansion generally speaking on Sprint, and actually on T-Mobile too, T4GRU is a ghost town. Sprint drastically reduced CapEx for 2016, and any expansion they do will likely be pushed back to 2017 - right now it's holding pattern style. T-Mobile is still expanding a large amount, but just minimally to get LTE upgrades done and establish minimum service it seems - they're holding on to their money for the 600mhz auction. 

Actually, I recently started getting B12 at my house. The tower itself also gives about 2x in speed tests when close to it compared to before.

Its all about small cells for Sprint. So be on the look out.

They are deploying them pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Something to keep in mind is that with Sprint's small cell deployment strategy, you won't see crazy updates, rather one morning you'll just get better speeds or perhaps a consistent B41 experience rather than band switching. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing to report. Sources says nothing is scheduled, permits are quiet. Only a few sites that are still legacy getting converted which is still held up by city's red tape. Its going but slow. No new B41 in south side of San Diego.

• 2 months later...

Anything happening in San Diego???

I've noticed 3 small cells locally off the east end of Scripps Poway... I've searched and searched and found similar ones used on a Verizon build in San Fran by Extenet. Any one know for sure?

29595caa9b1875d0b6e673c4cd91810c.jpgfdea61e0d59efb59916ee7717ef2f909.jpg

Edited by insurance

I've noticed 3 small cells locally off the east end of Scripps Poway... I've searched and searched and found similar ones used on a Verizon build in San Fran by Extenet. Any one know for sure?

29595caa9b1875d0b6e673c4cd91810c.jpgfdea61e0d59efb59916ee7717ef2f909.jpg

Mostly Verizon. Have seen hundreds of these near the beaches and south San Diego.

Mostly Verizon. Have seen hundreds of these near the beaches and south San Diego.

That's what I was afraid of. I thought I remembered seeing similar outside UCSD but could have sworn I connected to it there. It's going to be great for vzw customers once these come online, they're on every block.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been noticing, and had slower services than usual these past 2-3 months at home. Well this morning, I was looking at SCCP, watching service dropping to very slow 3G, 1x only, no service at all, back to 3G, etc. I called Sprint about the matter. Customer service rep gathered all of my info, looked into the system, and told me there wasn't a tower outage or complaint. Weird! I said something is wrong here. She looks again, and found there is an issue. 5 others put in a ticket around the time I called in my area, and seen there is a tower issue, and it's going on day 2. She puts in another ticket for techs to check it out. To my surprise after hanging up, I noticed B41 for the first time ever at home going in and out at -116 dBm to -118 dBm for at least a good 25 seconds or so, then back to no service, then regular 1900 service is back on. I live by a golf course, and there is a GMO site mounted on a light post. The other nearby tower is a flagpole site probably exactly a mile away. Here's my question. Is this a sign of Sprint upgrading B41 in the area? Haven't seen anymore B41 again since early this morning.

Screenshot_20161126_052959.pngScreenshot_20161126_053309.pngScreenshot_20161126_053046.png

• Like 1

I've been noticing, and had slower services than usual these past 2-3 months at home. Well this morning, I was looking at SCCP, watching service dropping to very slow 3G, 1x only, no service at all, back to 3G, etc. I called Sprint about the matter. Customer service rep gathered all of my info, looked into the system, and told me there wasn't a tower outage or complaint. Weird! I said something is wrong here. She looks again, and found there is an issue. 5 others put in a ticket around the time I called in my area, and seen there is a tower issue, and it's going on day 2. She puts in another ticket for techs to check it out. To my surprise after hanging up, I noticed B41 for the first time ever at home going in and out at -116 dBm to -118 dBm for at least a good 25 seconds or so, then back to no service, then regular 1900 service is back on. I live by a golf course, and there is a GMO site mounted on a light post. The other nearby tower is a flagpole site probably exactly a mile away. Here's my question. Is this a sign of Sprint upgrading B41 in the area? Haven't seen anymore B41 again since early this morning.

Screenshot_20161126_052959.pngScreenshot_20161126_053309.pngScreenshot_20161126_053046.png

Your screenshot are too small to see. It's certainly possible they're using a triband antenna on a flagpole.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• 1 month later...