Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

SignalCheck Pro (I purchased today) which I highly recommend

SignalCheck Pro is a great application, I use it daily along with Sensorly. I persuaded my wife to do some "war driving" with me yesterday and we were able to find a new LTE site in Spring Valley that's been on continually for the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately it doesn't cover my house  :(

Interestingly, SignalCheck Pro's been alerting me the last few days at home. Tinkling chimes for 4G, then it disappears again just as quick as it came. It's happened more than a dozen times. I have line-of-site to two different LTE-enabled towers, but coverage always peters out as I climb the hill to my street. Hopefully soon!

Have a great day!

John

• Like 1

And bet those speeds might've been a tad faster if you were using a server in the Southern California region as.opposed to Albuquerque.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What happened? I see nothing closer than Denver on the server list.

And bet those speeds might've been a tad faster if you were using a server in the Southern California region as.opposed to Albuquerque.

What happened? I see nothing closer than Denver on the server list.

They have to route thru NSA.

• Like 1

I've been pushing average download speeds in the mid 24s to low 25s in the office at work in Encinitas, being on the Via Molena tower. When I go outside, it's a whole different story getting download speeds averaging 16-18 Mbps.

Screenshot_2013-06-18-09-24-24.png

Screenshot_2013-06-18-09-39-01.png

Screenshot_2013-06-18-09-39-06.png

Screenshot_2013-06-18-09-37-51.png

Added some more LTE on Sensorly. I was driving through Black Mountain & Santa Luz part of San Diego and Fairbanks Ranch and added more LTE. The streets I drove on were Carmel Valley Road from Black Mountain Road to Camino Del Sur. Camino Del Sur from Carmel Valley Road to San Dieguito Road. And San Dieguito Road to El Apajo where it petered out halfway down.

post-6420-13717036806335_thumb.jpg

Back on in Encinitas. For some odd reason, I couldn't connect to the Via Molena tower or any other nearby tower for about half hr when LTE was on. When I did, I ran these 2 tests below when I connected. I ran a few more, and getting download speeds in the low to high 24's.

Screenshot_2013-06-20-16-56-54.png

Screenshot_2013-06-20-16-56-22.png

Finally! That 3G gap has been there for a long time. I was out in that area during my lunch and had LTE. I didnt think to map it. Voice was horrible! I had 3 dropped calls, and on top of that the person I was talking to for a brief 20 sec or so was saying my phone has too much static, and cutting out.

I live in Del Cerro/Allied Gardens area, and prior to yesterday 3G had been spotty at best.  Last night I almost fell off my couch when I noticed the 4G indicator on my phone.  Speeds were horrible, but but I went out to map anyway.  After about 10 minutes of mapping with an apparently good signal...poof...it disappeared.  Sadly, none of it registered with Sensorly.  It's been 12 hours.  I watch the antennas at the corner of Navajo/College everyday, and they have not been touched.  The site on Waring by Foster's freeze was upgraded about two months ago, so I'm thinking that is the site broadcasting the 4G. Hopefully it will come back soon...and stay on.

I live in Del Cerro/Allied Gardens area, and prior to yesterday 3G had been spotty at best. Last night I almost fell off my couch when I noticed the 4G indicator on my phone. Speeds were horrible, but but I went out to map anyway. After about 10 minutes of mapping with an apparently good signal...poof...it disappeared. Sadly, none of it registered with Sensorly. It's been 12 hours. I watch the antennas at the corner of Navajo/College everyday, and they have not been touched. The site on Waring by Foster's freeze was upgraded about two months ago, so I'm thinking that is the site broadcasting the 4G. Hopefully it will come back soon...and stay on.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for Sensorly to register your mapped points.

• Like 1

I was at the Krispy Kreme in Clairemont this morning and I got 1mbps or so down on 3G. Not sure what tower I was on but there is one in that shopping center that's 3G only according to the sites complete map. Does that mean the backhaul is there already and they just need to turn on LTE, or did I get the fast speeds because I was really close to the tower?