Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

So I was just leaving my buddys house in Camby (South East side of Indy outside loop) And I picked up some LTE and I got 40mbps down on a speedtest I will post the screenshot when I find somewhere to host. Also' date=' I see some more people have added some more to Sensorly. I am shocked at how fast sites have popped up. From the look of Sensorly it looks as if there is 7 different sites already.[/quote']

The Camby site was in this week's update. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I checked out the tower at 146th and Hazel Dell today. The kids thought I was being nice and taking them to the park...

Got a little LTE action

uqumeper.jpg

Pretty cool stealth tower

5uvazuze.jpg

That's the tower. It has three little buildings at the base that are all fenced in

ydade6y9.jpg

One door labeled T-Mobile

One door labeled AT&T

One door with no label

This is the best shot I could get of the Sprint building

a9a3ataj.jpg

ygyjysyz.jpg

I couldn't get the phone to hold the signal anywhere other than where I was walking.

de5u4yda.jpg

• Like 1

I checked out the tower at 146th and Hazel Dell today. The kids thought I was being nice and taking them to the park...

Got a little LTE action

Pretty cool stealth tower

That's the tower. It has three little buildings at the base that are all fenced in

One door labeled T-Mobile

One door labeled AT&T

One door with no label

This is the best shot I could get of the Sprint building

I couldn't get the phone to hold the signal anywhere other than where I was walking.

Based on the speeds and the signal strength on Sensorly, I would guess your signal that you experienced at this site was coming from a different site.

• Like 1

Based on the speeds and the signal strength on Sensorly, I would guess your signal that you experienced at this site was coming from a different site.

I was wondering about that.

Well at least I have pictures of a flagpole cell site ;)

Judging by the weekly update I think I can guess which one...

Edited by newboyx

Wonder how they managed to cram those panels in there.

Yuppy towers... Lol

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I stared at it way to long. It is a pretty impressive design. I have been to this park 20 times and it never occurred to me it could be a cell site.

Just spoke to Sprint, they said nit the device. No tower in a 30 mile radius , LOL

Good thing you came here for the truth

How do I force it to search for LTE

Toggle airplane mode. This will cause it to look for a(n) LTE signal.

If you know your MSL (call Sprint and ask for it, they will usually give it to you)

From your dialpad dial ##DATA#

Select Edit

Enter your MSL and click OK

Select EVDO

Select Preferred mode

Choose LTE only, or CDMA/LTE

Good luck!

I highly recommend switching back to the default setting when you are done "exploring" the LTE area.

I thought the signals I was mapping up and down hazel dell seemed to be strongest as I was by the tower at the municipal building at hazel dell and 126th (NE corner of the roundabout).

You were not relying on your signal strength indicator to determine signals, right?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

I was just looking at the radius of the signal. Assuming that the signal was being transmitted in all directions at equal strength, It would put the center around the large cell tower at that location. I can post pics sometime if that might help? also I noticed that Sensorly app shows the RSRP on the details page in dBm, not sure what the RSRQ is underneath. I'll watch that next time through the area.

If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you can access our market maps that show all the Sprint sites in the country, as well as maps showing all the sites Sprint has accepted complete nationwide from the Network Vision OEM's. For more information about how to become a Sponsor, check out this page: http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 1

I was at 29th and Keystone and saw this....

y5esyjed.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It almost looks like the larger panel on the second rack from the bottom might be NV, but I have been wrong before...