Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

I totally agree with you, over on robs facebook I'm always telling people to run it, but So far Indy, south benders , and san Fran people have took the advise prob others 2 but the more the better

Iphone doesnt do sensorly does it?

I think it does now thought I read on one of the post or on facebook a guy said they did now

The iPhone Sensorly app does not allow for data collection due to restrictions by Apple. iPhone users will not be able to map LTE.

So there's an app but its worthless with LTE.. thanks for the clairfaction

You can run speed tests on it and view the Sensorly maps with iPhone app, but it will not participate in crowd source harvesting to add to their maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I can attest to Sprint LTE on my iPhone 5 close on the near-east side of downtown. My office is located on Southeastern just off of Washington and I'm currently pulling 22.99 down and 10.45 up.

Sounds like a trip downtown is in my future.

Sent via CleanROM DE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

So its not all worthless then totally I just thought there was an app and still did what andriod phones could do but that's good to know and prob a good reason that we arnt seeing as many LTE signals on sensorly like I thought we would with people having iPhones and did notice a lot with people with LTE signals on iPhones, thanks for clearing that up

• Like 1

Correct... cannot use full functionality of Sensorly to upload data. I'm going to try and see at what point my LTE signal switches off on my way home located south of my current location. I was afraid that it was only switched on for testing yesterday, but it's still going strong as of this morning.

Correct... cannot use full functionality of Sensorly to upload data. I'm going to try and see at what point my LTE signal switches off on my way home located south of my current location. I was afraid that it was only switched on for testing yesterday, but it's still going strong as of this morning.

If you post where to go I can try to map it this weekend.

My office is located at 2300 Southeastern Avenue

I will try to drag the family out for a little road trip on Sunday. They LOVE going with dad to sit in parking lots looking at cell towers ;)

• Like 1

Are you the person doing all of the East side mapping on Sensorly?

reru8yma.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah the area around Washington St was already done, but yes it was me that did it around the tower and down 70.

Your right, I hope the towers are on this weeks completed list , South Bend is even starting to light up

Yeah I figure at least the north side one should be on there this week. That has been a couple weeks ago since it first popped up. It was the very first site. I am on the westside in the eaglecreek area and I haven't had anything around my house and work. I only work about 7 minutes away so I don't drive far. I do like how they are at least starting within the city unlike Chicago where they started outside of the city first.

Ya I think it was a good idea at first to do outside of the city's first so they are able to figer what's going on and how things work, I always say this but I feel Samsung and Their sub contractors have things in order even tho I know every market has different sub contractors but thats just my opioin seeing that indy is on time and pr/vi and south bend ahead of sched. but just glad to see our region being done

I also shouldn't judge just based on that michagain and Minnesota havent had any proff they have started yet eather

Edited by keelerman8042

So its not all worthless then totally I just thought there was an app and still did what andriod phones could do but that's good to know and prob a good reason that we arnt seeing as many LTE signals on sensorly like I thought we would with people having iPhones and did notice a lot with people with LTE signals on iPhones, thanks for clearing that up

Use RootMetrics. Your iOS speedtest data will be uploaded to their map. As others have noted, it won't indicate LTE, but this is the only service that accepts uploads from iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Use RootMetrics. Your iOS speedtest data will be uploaded to their map. As others have noted, it won't indicate LTE, but this is the only service that accepts uploads from iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks I didn't know that eather I don't have a iPhone but I always have people on robs facebook with iPhones and tell them to run it and knew that their was a sensorly app for apple but wouldn't record it like andriod phones good to know for the future so I don't tell people the wrong thing
  • Like 1

I spent some free time today driving around Carmel Indiana mapping the 4G signal near hazel dell and 126th and 131st streets. Yesterday I also found signals in Fishers near cumberland and 126th and up and down I-69 side roads from 106th to 96th street. nice to see it popping up in wider areas.

• Like 2

I spent some free time today driving around Carmel Indiana mapping the 4G signal near hazel dell and 126th and 131st streets. Yesterday I also found signals in Fishers near cumberland and 126th and up and down I-69 side roads from 106th to 96th street. nice to see it popping up in wider areas.

It's nice to know the people doing the mapping are on this site.

I have driven in the areas that are lit up on the sensorly map and unable to get a LTE signal with my EVO LTE. Is it my phone or does sprint have these sites blocked? Thought they were gonna let us with devices on early

I have driven in the areas that are lit up on the sensorly map and unable to get a LTE signal with my EVO LTE. Is it my phone or does sprint have these sites blocked? Thought they were gonna let us with devices on early

It's the phone

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1644-EVO-LTE-4G-connection-issues---contact-Sprint?

So I was just leaving my buddys house in Camby (South East side of Indy outside loop) And I picked up some LTE and I got 40mbps down on a speedtest I will post the screenshot when I find somewhere to host. Also, I see some more people have added some more to Sensorly. I am shocked at how fast sites have popped up. From the look of Sensorly it looks as if there is 7 different sites already.

• Like 1