Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

It's official. LTE in New Castle. Mapping Sensorly now. e9aduja3.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G

Awesome! I guess some New Castle ingress is in my near future ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Awesome! I guess some New Castle ingress is in my near future ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

New Castle is an Ingress Gold Mine. Memorial Park and Downtown is pretty loaded with portals

• Like 1

Well this is progress,   I am no longer having to reload the PRL to re-obtain 800mhz voice.   If I go to a 1x area then back to a 800 area it auto switches back.   this was not the case a week ago.     I am getting 800 in a majority of places on the east central indiana area (Daleville, Anderson, Markleville, Chesterfield, Shirley)  Signal is strong and I am loving that I only have to use my airave for 3g when needed.  the 800 has a higher priority than my airave's 1x-rtt

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just got me a Galaxy S 4. LTE Upgrade complete in a huge chunk of Hendricks County. 

I mapped Sensorly in Danville, Cartersburg, Belleville, Plainfield, and Clayton. 

LTE signal stretches about 2 miles west of the center of the county. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Had a great experience in the Indy area on I65, 465, then back on I65 down to Edinburgh, IN. Came from Northwest, IN. Service was awful around Roselawn, then really picked up from Lafayette and the rest of the way do Indy. I had LTE and working 3G the whole time I was in the Indianapolis market.  On the way back I took route 31 to Indianapolis/465 and found pleasant service the whole way, even between towns! (I was able to stream HQ Pandora without any interruption)

It seems Samsung/Sprint has paid quite a bit of attention to the Indianapolis market, especially the rural coverage. 

Between Lafayette and Crown Point service is almost horrendous, several stretches where service is stretched so thin that EVDO fades out and you get a barely usable 1X signal for periods of time. I dropped a call in one of those stretches during a handoff, would've been better if I weren't using an iPhone 5 though. Those spots definitely will benefit from LTE 800! 

• Like 3

IN60XC359 Tower in Markleville as of this morning is broadcasting LTE and 1x800.  I was getting spotty 3g coverage for the last few days in the area and went to go check out the tower this morning.   

uploadfromtaptalk1374672219962.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1374672239561.jpg

I was about 600 feet away from the tower when doing the speed test

Sent from my LG Optimus G

I'm in Acton. Indy market .46259. Sprint map shows LTE but do n9t have in this SE corner of of marion county. Does anyone know when it will get updates. Sprint told me voice has been u0dated but n9t LTE.

I'm in Acton. Indy market .46259. Sprint map shows LTE but do n9t have in this SE corner of of marion county. Does anyone know when it will get updates. Sprint told me voice has been u0dated but n9t LTE.

The best you can do is look at the Sprint arrays to see if they have new antennas and RRUs going up.  Here in Austin I've seen LTE go live in as little as 1 week after the new equipment went up. Sometimes it takes 3 months or longer.  But keep looking, maybe you'll even catch a construction crew up in the tower lifting the antennas and equipment up to the top. B)

sprint said network vision upgrades are done as far as voice but I was just curious as to LTE.

Who said that? Customer service?  You're not talking to professionals.  It just depends on your area, if you donated like $10 to the site and became a sponsor, you could see a map of everywhere in your area that did have LTE versus voice upgrades.

You gotta pay to play.

• Like 1

Yep. Customer service. I will donate so I can just see fir myself. Thanks.

Network Vision upgrades are not complete in any market yet. There's still a LOT of work going on. If anyone tells you otherwise, be very suspect of anything else they say about NV, or LTE.

I donated 10 $. What do I need to do to get the tower statuses.

If Robert's still up and online, your account will be upgraded, then just head over to the Sponsors section from the main page of the forums. If he's not online, he'll get to it as soon as he's online tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great experience in the Indy area on I65, 465, then back on I65 down to Edinburgh, IN. Came from Northwest, IN. Service was awful around Roselawn, then really picked up from Lafayette and the rest of the way do Indy. I had LTE and working 3G the whole time I was in the Indianapolis market.  On the way back I took route 31 to Indianapolis/465 and found pleasant service the whole way, even between towns! (I was able to stream HQ Pandora without any interruption)

It seems Samsung/Sprint has paid quite a bit of attention to the Indianapolis market, especially the rural coverage. 

Between Lafayette and Crown Point service is almost horrendous, several stretches where service is stretched so thin that EVDO fades out and you get a barely usable 1X signal for periods of time. I dropped a call in one of those stretches during a handoff, would've been better if I weren't using an iPhone 5 though. Those spots definitely will benefit from LTE 800! 

Had a very similar experience to you as I drove from Chicago to Indy yesterday.  There are still several pockets between Lafayette and Indy where I didn't get LTE, and 3G was slow, but nowhere as bad as the Crown Point to Lafayette stretch of I65. But in Indy the LTE and 3G is working much better than it is in many other markets.  

Interesting (to me), there is a tech out at my nearest site. This site has been NV upgraded and accepted for months. He is on the new rack that was installed during the upgrade. The legacy equipment is on a different rack and he hasn't visited it that I have seen. To the best of my knowledge everything is working properly. Man I need a triband hotspot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Interesting (to me), there is a tech out at my nearest site. This site has been NV upgraded and accepted for months. He is on the new rack that was installed during the upgrade. The legacy equipment is on a different rack and he hasn't visited it that I have seen. To the best of my knowledge everything is working properly. Man I need a triband hotspot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Oohh  that could be cool.     LG G2 triband phone in your future ?

LTE in Lafayette, IN has slowed down drastically lately.  At my apartment, I used to routinely see over 12 Mb down (no, I don't use it as my primary internet).  For the last couple weeks, though, it's probably averaging 4-5, often times below 3 Mbps.  I guess I sorta expected a drop, but not quite that severe.

LTE in Lafayette, IN has slowed down drastically lately. At my apartment, I used to routinely see over 12 Mb down (no, I don't use it as my primary internet). For the last couple weeks, though, it's probably averaging 4-5, often times below 3 Mbps. I guess I sorta expected a drop, but not quite that severe.

Extra capacity is coming. Addional capacity via LTE 800, LTE 2600 and additional LTE 1900 carriers if necessary.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk